Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Color guide and palettes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:22 am

Whewwww, so I was going through my deviantart sta.sh (file hosting) and found a guide I made for my friends a while ago on shading and picking colors. Here you go! Spoiler cause it's huge. (ALSO. Read the paragraphs in order. They have numbers beside them.)
Spoiler:
 
Hopefully this makes sense. About the hue thing: say you're shading something green, when picking a color to shade with, you'll want to make it a bit more to the blue side. And make it more blue as you shade darker. When you pick a highlight color, it's the opposite, you want to make it more yellow. If you're shading blue, make the shades more purple, highlights more cyan/green, if you're shading orange, make the shades a bit red, and the highlights yellow. There's a trick to remember it. For the highlight, make it more towards the color before the one that's your base color, and for the shading, make it the color after the base color. (In order of the rainbow.) I hope that makes sense. Also, NEVER SHADE WITH BLACK. NEVER.

Here is the color palettes:
Spoiler:
 

Your base color, the one you start with, is the second one to the far right. So, basically, if you're looking at it from left to right, the 4th color. The last one is a highlight. On the skin tone colors, the last one is the blush color, and the one beside it is the base color. (No highlights.) I tried to group some, so there's eye color, hair color, skin color and jeans color, mostly because the person for whom I made it needed help with jeans the most. The palettes not in a box are just whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taehyung
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3089
Join date : 2011-07-15
Age : 16
Location : somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:32 pm

THANKS A BUNCH! AND THANKS FOR THE PALETTES! IT WILL HELP!

Sorry for the caps^^^^ but i was waiting this...
anyways,when we use the palettes we credit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4269
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 16
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Thank you so much for this! Now I realize what I have been doing wrong in the past. Of course, the only time you should black is in a silhouette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

this is very helpful 0:

Everything in your post will help me a bunch if I ever color stuff xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Nah, you don't have to credit for the palettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taehyung
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3089
Join date : 2011-07-15
Age : 16
Location : somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Abbey wrote:
Nah, you don't have to credit for the palettes.

Oh oky! Thanks! Its really helpful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Zonko wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Nah, you don't have to credit for the palettes.

Oh oky! Thanks! Its really helpful!
Glad it helps c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1447
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 15
Location : Oh i live somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Panos wrote:
Thank you so much for this! Now I realize what I have been doing wrong in the past. Of course, the only time you should black is in a silhouette.
what she said ^

and i kno this sounds stupid,but what if your using pixels?
im not that good of an artist and my shading is really messed up but im getting a bit better (barley but we all learn) so with pixels, like MS Paint same rules apply?
i noez it sounds stupid buttt? ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantage.com
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Melissa H. wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thank you so much for this! Now I realize what I have been doing wrong in the past. Of course, the only time you should black is in a silhouette.
what she said ^

and i kno this sounds stupid,but what if your using pixels?
im not that good of an artist and my shading is really messed up but im getting a bit better (barley but we all learn) so with pixels, like MS Paint same rules apply?
i noez it sounds stupid buttt? ^^;
It's just coloring in general regardless of how you're doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1447
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 15
Location : Oh i live somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Abbey wrote:
Melissa H. wrote:
Panos wrote:
Thank you so much for this! Now I realize what I have been doing wrong in the past. Of course, the only time you should black is in a silhouette.
what she said ^

and i kno this sounds stupid,but what if your using pixels?
im not that good of an artist and my shading is really messed up but im getting a bit better (barley but we all learn) so with pixels, like MS Paint same rules apply?
i noez it sounds stupid buttt? ^^;
It's just coloring in general regardless of how you're doing it.
oki thanks! ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantage.com
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:03 pm

WOW ABBEY thank you so much this really helps me (same with the swatches you sent me awhile ago)! ;w;

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh also:

http://purplekecleon.deviantart.com/art/How-I-See-Color-A-Tutorial-184642625

This is a great tutorial too, way better than I could ever put into words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Color guide and palettes   Today at 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Color guide and palettes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Plastikente's Dark Eldar Unit Guide Part 4 - Fast Attack
» guthans guide
» ___A Guide to Ranging Mithril Dragons___
» Basic Guide for slayer task monsters
» Weekly Episode guide and have you ever wanted to..?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Creations :: Art Discussion & Tutorials-
Jump to: