Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Traditional picture I drew ouo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1597
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 18
Location : wwwwww

PostSubject: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

it's in here:
 

I've haven't completed any pencil drawings in more than 6 months..
So excuse for the 'too much detail' that spoiled it please p:

Oh and the pink in places doesn't look this awful in the actual thing = W =;

It's my character, Song. He has sheep animal features ;v;
I uploaded on dA but I'm showing here too. I wanna see what you guys think.. So critique/rate maybe? Very Happy

Thanks ;u;
Yes that's orange soda you see there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rikka
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3495
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 16
Location : memes

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Thats awesome! I could never draw like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1929
Join date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

That looks amazing! Sheep and orange soda. c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 9586
Join date : 2010-02-07
Age : 16
Location : i'm always watching

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:21 pm

It's amazing. I love how you color ;w;
jealous

_________________

tumblr
let's catch up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3155
Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

All these amazing artists ask me to critique their work and I never know what to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:29 pm

This is awesome, but how is this related to sheep?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4269
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 15
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Personally, I really like the way you've drawn and shaded his cloak! It gives your drawing an awesome dramatic effect.

However, the legs are so tiny in comparison to the rest of the body. It's very unnatural-looking. Even if it is anime.

Also, he looks like a girl (with short hair, though). I know you're trying to make him look sheepish (not the shy kind), but the way you made his hair curly is not the right kind of curly for a boy. You drew wavy curls, which are very common in girl hair. I recommend drawing curls that are not as long and flowy. Heck, even frizzy hair would work so that he doesn't look like a girl.

And anime boys have narrower eyes. The eyes you've drawn would fit well on a girl, but not so much on a boy.

Overall, I'd have to say that I think you did best on the shading. The way you shaded with different colors and not tones is what really makes this drawing so vivid and colorful. Although, I personally would not have chosen that background. There's not enough contrast in this picture. The sunset (or sunrise) is so colorful that it blends in with your character's colors. I'll bet a daytime background would really make him pop!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:59 pm

I love how you coloured him! uwu

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian


Posts : 8760
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:00 pm

omg amazing 10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1447
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 15
Location : Oh i live somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

!10/10!!!!!!
one thing the forhead is a bit to big
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantage.com
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1597
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 18
Location : wwwwww

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 am

Panos wrote:
Personally, I really like the way you've drawn and shaded his cloak! It gives your drawing an awesome dramatic effect.

However, the legs are so tiny in comparison to the rest of the body. It's very unnatural-looking. Even if it is anime.

Also, he looks like a girl (with short hair, though). I know you're trying to make him look sheepish (not the shy kind), but the way you made his hair curly is not the right kind of curly for a boy. You drew wavy curls, which are very common in girl hair. I recommend drawing curls that are not as long and flowy. Heck, even frizzy hair would work so that he doesn't look like a girl.

And anime boys have narrower eyes. The eyes you've drawn would fit well on a girl, but not so much on a boy.

Overall, I'd have to say that I think you did best on the shading. The way you shaded with different colors and not tones is what really makes this drawing so vivid and colorful. Although, I personally would not have chosen that background. There's not enough contrast in this picture. The sunset (or sunrise) is so colorful that it blends in with your character's colors. I'll bet a daytime background would really make him pop!

Thank you a lot fot the critique!
I know the legs are too thin/awkward there. I had difficulty with them as always.

And I'm really aware of how big the head looks and how long the hair looks.
I actually made a mistake when I was colouring the hair, but it was meant to be blowing like there was wind..
He's meant to have a lot of hair, but the huge lump of hair you see behind the clip are meant to be his sheep ears, not hair ^^;


And in the pic he's meant to be around 10-14.. Yes I know I fail terribly at drawing narrow eyes and boys especially.. xD

As for the background, I agree with you too. First of all I started colouring the whole thing in blue because I had something else in mind for the bg. But then I started colouring the sun in which made it have some kind of green effect and I added a lot of orange so that made everything darker. Next time I'll think of a daytime background like you said.
--
Rue wrote:
This is awesome, but how is this related to sheep?

Rofl sorry, I didn't draw his tail here and his sheep ear is barely visible because it's my first time drawing him. And I know this picture isn't really empathasing on his sheep, um features (?) But he's um.. A sort of sheep-person.. I don't know how to put it in english lol...
-
Melissa H. wrote:
!10/10!!!!!!
one thing the forhead is a bit to big

Yes, I know, thank you uwu
I was trying to make it look like something else but perspectives, psh lol x_x

Everyone thanks a lot for the comments and critique ;u; !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Today at 7:27 am

Back to top Go down
 
Traditional picture I drew ouo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Links in picture reminder
» New TFC Picture or Banner?
» 80 Gigapixel 360degree picture of London.
» Display Picture Changed?!
» Can Anyone photoshop slenderman into a picture for me?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Creations :: Artwork-
Jump to: