Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

New People in the Forum problems.

Go down 
+8
isolxtedsystem
Angus Bethune
Dog
Usui
v
mich
Rufistar
taehyung
12 posters
AuthorMessage
taehyung
Veteran Fantagian
taehyung

New People in the Forum problems. Empty
PostSubject: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:58 pm

I've seen many NEW people at the forum have problems.
Like Rule breaking,Not reading the rules,Topics not in the right place...etc.
Many Double post!
And if you are new here READ THE RULES! If you think I'm Back seat modding I'm sorry but It annoys me! like Shops in somewhere Random!
There is description of the section!
New People in the Forum problems. Help_212

And when you say something wrong you DON'T EDIT THE POST! YOU DOUBLE POST!

Just PLEASE post topics in the RIGHT section!!

Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

That is quite true. Some newbies post topics about things that were discussed already. I first posted my shop in Artwork because I didn't see the Creation Shops section (I knew baout shops from that scrolling thing)...

I have just looked through the users list. I sorted users by the post right? So I go to the last page... and there are like a hundred users who NEVER logged on and NEVER posted! Shouldn't these acounts be deleted? If they want to actually go on here, they could make a new acount.
Back to top Go down
mich
Hero Fantagian
mich

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Yes, I agree. Speaking of new users, there has been so many lately, and some of them make an account which they never post on!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Kgf0BgKg7C2RWe4LhEURA
v

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes, we all agree with this. Some of the staff members, actually, are working on moving them to the section they're supposed to be in. It'll probably take a while, though ;w;
Back to top Go down
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm

"And when you say something wrong you DON'T EDIT THE POST! YOU DOUBLE POST!"

That made no sense whatsoever.

Also, I agree I don't see how new people can not read the description. Sometimes they can, but sometimes they don't. I sort of had this problem when I was new, but eh I didn't really post in random places. Anyway,
This doesn't only happen to the new people, sometimes to the old members too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
mich
Hero Fantagian
mich

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Takuto wrote:
"And when you say something wrong you DON'T EDIT THE POST! YOU DOUBLE POST!"

That made no sense whatsoever.

Also, I agree I don't see how new people can not read the description. Sometimes they can, but sometimes they don't. I sort of had this problem when I was new, but eh I didn't really post in random places. Anyway,
This doesn't only happen to the new people, sometimes to the old members too.
I think that she meant the new people don't edit the post when they make a mistake, but they double post instead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Kgf0BgKg7C2RWe4LhEURA
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

You can't really have your expectations very high for newbies.

When I was a newbie, I did not read the rules and it was quite obvious, but then I did and now I find it impossible for me to break a rule even if I wanted too.

Let's face it, most new people don't read the rules at first. It's very common for a person to join, then just not read the rules because they think that the rules here are identical to the ones on fantage. Lots of them think that they already know the rules, like no inappropriate contest, no swearing, the general rules that apply to pretty much every website with a young age audience. They don't expect the no double posting rule, the no bumping topics rule, the no advertising rules, etc. because they probably aren't familiar with those rules if they haven't been on another forum already.

Honestly, my only concern is the bumping topics thing. It happens constantly. I don't even know how they find those! Do they go searching through the old topics? I find it a bit strange how they even locate those ancient topics . . . And it also removes the current topics from the "Latest Topics" box, making the current topics harder to access. I think that this rule needs to be enforced more strictly than the other ones stated, but that's just my opinion.

Well, whenever we hear the word "newbie", we usually expect someone who's seems kind of lost and weirded out, so we can really only expect them to be like that.
Back to top Go down
Angus Bethune
Loyal Fantagian
Angus Bethune

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:09 pm

I...I..I love you for this. *tear*
Back to top Go down
https://runningupthathill.forumotion.com
isolxtedsystem
Dedicated Fantagian
isolxtedsystem

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm

~Julia wrote:
You can't really have your expectations very high for newbies.

I agree with this.
You can't expect them to know everything right away. I know it's irritating ,but i do agree what your trying to point out.
Back to top Go down
Dog
Loyal Fantagian
Dog

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Yes, of course it's irritating because we are already familiar with the rules, and it seems to us as if it's impossible to break them.

Let me put it this way.

If you adopt a new puppy, you can't expect it to know "sit", "roll over", "heel" and stuff like that already! If you already have an old dog, your expectations for a dog and its knowledge are based off of that. So you expect the new puppy to already know those commands, and you become irritated when they don't, just because you are used to dogs knowing them.

Hope that clears things up.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:25 pm

It's true this happens all to much, but do any of you actually report the posts? I mean I do it the best I can but, I sense that I am one of the very few if not the only one. I know it's just a bandage solution, but at least reporting will get the mods attention some-what allowing for them to move the topic, delete/edit the post and give an infraction (where due) to the user.

It might mean more work for the mods, but it is part of their job to clean up the forums when necessary.
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:01 pm

I agree it is annoying but I bet some users who are not new make other account and spam. Or not..maybe they all got caught
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:08 pm

I try to report but sometimes it says stuff like you're not allowwed too...
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Rufistar wrote:
I try to report but sometimes it says stuff like you're not allowwed too...

I get it too, I think it only allows one user to report a person or something.

If you see the report exclamation mark as red I assume it means someone has already reported the post 0:
Back to top Go down
ℓσкє
Senior Fantagian
ℓσкє

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Larl, we meet again.

Yay.

Anyways, these new people don't bother to read the rules whatsoever... that gives me the headaches.
Back to top Go down
v

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:34 pm

We're currently working on moving the topics into the right category.. Yeah it's going to take a while lol.
Back to top Go down
ℓσкє
Senior Fantagian
ℓσкє

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 pm

b2uty wrote:
We're currently working on moving the topics into the right category.. Yeah it's going to take a while lol.
Yay, thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian
Cefie

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 pm

I always read the rules. It's common sense, people. Why would you not?

I used to scroll through older topics and read them, but never post (because I read the rules. ha.), 'cause the newer ones were boring..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New People in the Forum problems.   New People in the Forum problems. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New People in the Forum problems.
Page 1 of 1