Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups

Share | 

My idea for typing on fantage . . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dog
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:07 am

I have an idea. Well, more of a desire.

I think that we should be able to type periods on fantage. It's pretty annoying when you're making a movie and you can't complete a full sentence because you can't type a period.

I've also considered seeing if they would let us type numbers, but I understand why they don't. They don't want little kids saying their age and adress obviously, and allowing us to type numbers would enable them to do that. If they allowed other simples like @, #,$,%,^,&, etc., this is what kid would do:

"What the @#$%?!"

But I really don't understand how you can turn a period into something dirty.

Do you agree?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:15 am

Pretty much. maybe they figured that kids dont type much and a period isnt really that neccessary. its annoying when im used to typing with periods, and then they dont have one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Likki
Senior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 am

I couldn't agree more with you.
i really want Fantage to let us use symbols like
!"£$%^&*():@~{}?<>|¬
Or so we can type numbers or smilies like Very Happy Smile Razz :3 :O
I know we have them in the Safe Chat thing, but its kinda annoying, because its easier to type it instead. And some like :3 arn't there.

They could let us do it if your over 13 years old? Thats what other online games do.

And people who roleplay always say things like... ||Falls down||, ||Eats||
Its much easier if you do ** instead of ||, it also doesn't look so silly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:03 am

If they did, then everybody would be able to because they can lie about their age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Likki
Senior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am

Cefie wrote:
If they did, then everybody would be able to because they can lie about their age.

I know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 am

O..kay.

But yea, it would be nice if we were allowed to. I'm sure fantage thinks it makes it more kid-friendly without all the use of every symbol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am

Animal Jam let's people type whatever symbol exept these-> ♥☻♦♣♠

And animal jam's players aren't really worse than Fantage ones, so it would be good if Fantage allowed us. It's annoying how we can't type ' for what's or the period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lenka
Veteran Fantagian

Location : clap aloNG IF YOU FeeL THA t hapPINESS IS THE //TRUTH//

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:45 am

I think they should tell you when your message doesn't show. It's really annoying when you keep saying the same thing over and over and you realize nobody can see it. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Primrose
Ultimate Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:53 am

Its a really good idea. I agree.
OFF TOPIC: Do you like my avatar? I made it myself Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creativecloud.forummotion.com/
Owl
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

The numbers and symbols probably won't happen. Numbers got taken away from Dizzywood because kids were using it to share personal information (addresses and phone numbers). And the periods can be used negatively. A period is another symbol and kids would use it between letters to be able to type out swear words. About the "ending a sentence" thing, you can send one sentence at a time and remember to capitalize the first word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Owl wrote:
The numbers and symbols probably won't happen. Numbers got taken away from Dizzywood because kids were using it to share personal information (addresses and phone numbers). And the periods can be used negatively. A period is another symbol and kids would use it between letters to be able to type out swear words. About the "ending a sentence" thing, you can send one sentence at a time and remember to capitalize the first word.

I thought Dizzywood closed down about a year ago...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owl
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Rue wrote:
Owl wrote:

It did. I never said this was recent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian

Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Owl wrote:
The numbers and symbols probably won't happen. Numbers got taken away from Dizzywood because kids were using it to share personal information (addresses and phone numbers). And the periods can be used negatively. A period is another symbol and kids would use it between letters to be able to type out swear words.

And that is why we can't have nice things!

Symbols and numbers can easily get used to replace letters, §0R7@ L1K3 7)(12, but those filter abusers would generally only use it to §w€4r.

ourWorld allows numbers and certain symbols, yes, but it also seems to have a pretty intelligent filter system, which notices when you put spaces or whatever else in between letters when trying to, like, swear, or say something inappropriate. Other words just get replaced with more harmless words, like how "douchebag" gets replaced with "doughface". O_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magdaleen-96.deviantart.com
Likki
Senior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Rue wrote:
Owl wrote:

It did, its now Secret Adventure. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 pm

morse code, they couold say their personals in morse code
now yes you need hyphens but you could just use spaces or letters instead
i think thats the reason
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantage.com
Nobue
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Melissa H. wrote:
i think thats the reason
.. / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .
translate it.lots of peeps know morse code on fantage.
but if we had morse code on there we would be able to swear in morse code,
and morse code would get shut off anyway.i do want numbers though soo iI dont have to type them in word form
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 pm

pokemon wrote:
Melissa H. wrote:
i think thats the reason
.. / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .
translate it.lots of peeps know morse code on fantage.
but if we had morse code on there we would be able to swear in morse code,
and morse code would get shut off anyway.i do want numbers though soo iI dont have to type them in word form
thanks you!
my point exactly
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantage.com
Soul
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 am

I remember when Fantage Japan first came out. Me and some friends went on it and you could get free membership, beta items, etc. and you could speak with symbols and any punctuation/numbers that you wanted. It was really great. I used it for a FMV but that's the only one I got a chance to do because the server then blocked out all American users.

Anyway, that's beside the point.

I don't ever remember Fantage making numbers or whatever show since I joined. I wish they'd make a more mature place for Fantage, like a special server where only people who are 13 and over can go; but of course they wouldn't explicitly say that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaddalyn
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:16 pm

I can see why they should allow the others, but not the '@' because anyone could easily give out their email address.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Sushi wrote:
I remember when Fantage Japan first came out. Me and some friends went on it and you could get free membership, beta items, etc. and you could speak with symbols and any punctuation/numbers that you wanted. It was really great. I used it for a FMV but that's the only one I got a chance to do because the server then blocked out all American users.

Anyway, that's beside the point.

I don't ever remember Fantage making numbers or whatever show since I joined. I wish they'd make a more mature place for Fantage, like a special server where only people who are 13 and over can go; but of course they wouldn't explicitly say that.

Then under-13 kids would lie about their age and go on there (pretty obvious, though).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bbydoll
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:40 pm

well fantage japan was stlll very new i think. and they had those symbols because they had different ways of typing. fantage was like that at a very long point in time ago. like 2008. there were beta testers and no membership and it was just like fantage japan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaddalyn
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Bbydoll wrote:
well fantage japan was stlll very new i think. and they had those symbols because they had different ways of typing. fantage was like that at a very long point in time ago. like 2008. there were beta testers and no membership and it was just like fantage japan.

It was like that, but only for 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bbydoll
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:27 pm

xaddalyn wrote:
Bbydoll wrote:

2 weeks? idk. but you can ask people who have the beta tester medal. they would know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xaddalyn
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:26 am

Bbydoll wrote:
xaddalyn wrote:
Bbydoll wrote:

2 weeks? idk. but you can ask people who have the beta tester medal. they would know.

I did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My idea for typing on fantage . . .    Today at 4:37 am

Back to top Go down

My idea for typing on fantage . . .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1