Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

How to draw rain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Makkine
Makkine

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Okay I'll be using SAI for this tutorial but you can probably achieve the same effect w/photoshop.
Heh, I'm making so many drawing threads today :,D

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Wow, thanks! I'll try this out later today c:

Just one question, though. For the lineart rain, what tool did you use? Sorry if you said so already, but I couldn't find it. ;w;
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Midna wrote:

Just one question, though. For the lineart rain, what tool did you use? Sorry if you said so already, but I couldn't find it. ;w;
I used the line tool. Not sure what it's called in your version, but it's called the line tool in mine :J
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Makkine wrote:
Midna wrote:

I used the line tool. Not sure what it's called in your version, but it's called the line tool in mine :J
It's called that in my version, thanks!
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:03 pm

This is very clever. I wonder, do you think it would look worse, better, or basically the same if you were to change the thickness of each "line of rain", shall I say? What I mean is if you made made the edges of each raindrop (which appears as a line) thinner on the top and thicker on the bottom-using the pressure tool- do you think it would look better? (If I'm being unclear, I'll give you a picture to show what I mean, but I'm on my iTouch right now.)
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Hop wrote:
This is very clever. I wonder, do you think it would look worse, better, or basically the same if you were to change the thickness of each "line of rain", shall I say? What I mean is if you made made the edges of each raindrop (which appears as a line) thinner on the top and thicker on the bottom-using the pressure tool- do you think it would look better? (If I'm being unclear, I'll give you a picture to show what I mean, but I'm on my iTouch right now.)
Hmnn, I've seen people do that with a really good effect! Personally, I wouldn't do it unless the rain is very, very light rain, because it may look over-rendered?

Really, don't worry about it. It seems like a lot more work when the 50% density eraser takes care of the raindrops' "weight", so to speak. Definitely try it out and if it looks good then show us! ;D
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:39 am

I've always wondered how to get that effect, thank you so much! I really like what you did with the Brightness/Contrast, I would never have thought of that, and it looks brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to draw rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to draw rain    How to draw rain  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to draw rain
Page 1 of 1