Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 My pet Budgies..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:11 pm

So I have these two pet budgies and I was thinking that I should tame them somehow. But I don't know how to do that since I have no experience. And it would really be appreciated if anyone can help me. :] Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilverBell
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3305
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 15
Location : A room in a house in a city in a county in a state in a country in a continent in a planet in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 pm

OMIGOD DARKMANOR LOVES BIRDS SHE WILL YELL YOU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sweetdessert.niceboard.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 pm

FREAKIN LUCKY YOU!

Well I'm a bird adict so I can help~
Give them some time, let them adjust a bit to their settings. Tomorrow try sitting by their cage reading a book. They need to get used to you. Eventually try holding them. Are they flighted? I recommend clipped wings. Go google this stuff and you are off.
Back to top Go down
emiko
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3968
Join date : 2012-06-17
Age : 102
Location : london is in jupiter... right? QwQ

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Hmm, i would start with flying to you. I did this to my friends budgie, and it worked. But it was already tamed.

It was in its cage, the door cage thingy closed but not locked. Slightly opened. I took a cracker and pretended to whistle, it sounded like it, but it wasnt. It didnt work, so my friend whistled. It came to me and i gave it the cracker. It worked a couple of times, and we tried changing foods, but the bird got stuffed so we left it alone. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 pm

@ DarkManor/Eve Moonlit -

Okay, I'll try sitting by their cage and reading a book. They're kind of frightened when I try to hold them so I can't do that right now, and I would clip they're wings but it would kind of make me sad since they won't be able to fly easily.

My brother let the blue bird out for exercise and took us a while to get him back in the cage. Also.. the yellow budgie is very rude and mean to us and my other budgie, so I try my best for them not to fight.

@ ~♪JollyRancha♫~ -

Haha, that's cool. I should have got a tamed bird, since I want to play with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Kiyoko wrote:
@ DarkManor/Eve Moonlit -

Okay, I'll try sitting by their cage and reading a book. They're kind of frightened when I try to hold them so I can't do that right now, and I would clip they're wings but it would kind of make me sad since they won't be able to fly easily.

My brother let the blue bird out for exercise and took us a while to get him back in the cage. Also.. the yellow budgie is very rude and mean to us and my other budgie, so I try my best for them not to fight.

@ ~♪JollyRancha♫~ -

Haha, that's cool. I should have got a tamed bird, since I want to play with them.

They are scared. Don't worry, the feathers will come in, but only let a professional clip it, you could accidentally pinon them. AKA stripped off flight forever.
Do you know their genders? Males tend to be louder and friendlier.

Anyways, let them settle in, this is complety new to them, and they are frightened.
Back to top Go down
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Eve Moonlit wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:
@ DarkManor/Eve Moonlit -

Okay, I'll try sitting by their cage and reading a book. They're kind of frightened when I try to hold them so I can't do that right now, and I would clip they're wings but it would kind of make me sad since they won't be able to fly easily.

My brother let the blue bird out for exercise and took us a while to get him back in the cage. Also.. the yellow budgie is very rude and mean to us and my other budgie, so I try my best for them not to fight.

@ ~♪JollyRancha♫~ -

Haha, that's cool. I should have got a tamed bird, since I want to play with them.

They are scared. Don't worry, the feathers will come in, but only let a professional clip it, you could accidentally pinon them. AKA stripped off flight forever.
Do you know their genders? Males tend to be louder and friendlier.

Oh yes! My blue budgie is a boy named SkyBlue or Sky and I have a yellow budgie, she is a girl and her name is Sunshine or Sunny. Sky is very friendly, though he still gets scared but months ago they used to eat from my hands but..

And if I try asking my parents if they can have their wings clip it would be a bit expensive and they would say no, but I might ask for new stuff for them and possibly get their wings clipped if I have enough cash in my pockets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Kiyoko wrote:
Eve Moonlit wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:
@ DarkManor/Eve Moonlit -

Okay, I'll try sitting by their cage and reading a book. They're kind of frightened when I try to hold them so I can't do that right now, and I would clip they're wings but it would kind of make me sad since they won't be able to fly easily.

My brother let the blue bird out for exercise and took us a while to get him back in the cage. Also.. the yellow budgie is very rude and mean to us and my other budgie, so I try my best for them not to fight.

@ ~♪JollyRancha♫~ -

Haha, that's cool. I should have got a tamed bird, since I want to play with them.

They are scared. Don't worry, the feathers will come in, but only let a professional clip it, you could accidentally pinon them. AKA stripped off flight forever.
Do you know their genders? Males tend to be louder and friendlier.

Oh yes! My blue budgie is a boy named SkyBlue or Sky and I have a yellow budgie, she is a girl and her name is Sunshine or Sunny. Sky is very friendly, though he still gets scared but months ago they used to eat from my hands but..

And if I try asking my parents if they can have their wings clip it would be a bit expensive and they would say no, but I might ask for new stuff for them and possibly get their wings clipped if I have enough cash in my pockets.

You should have asked the pet store to do that. Anyways you don't actually have too, it just makes taming WAY WAY easier.
Females can be a little unfriendly at first, don't worry, she'll sweeten up after she starts to like you. You need to interact with them everyday to keep them tame.
Back to top Go down
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Okay, I'll try to interact with them every single day. But every night they are very calm and doesn't even show they're scared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3155
Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 pm

What others said. I don't much about birds.

This sounds weird, but at first when no one replied to this I thought budgies were pokemon... I didn't know they were parakeets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Kiyoko wrote:
Okay, I'll try to interact with them every single day. But every night they are very calm and doesn't even show they're scared.

Birds are active in they, day. They go to bed at night.

Parrots (yes budgies are parrots) spend all day looking for food in the wild. They barely take breaks. Try keeping them active, talk to them, maybe Skye might pick up a few words. Tricks are entertaining for both you and the birds. Also give them, fruits and vegetables , not just seed.
Back to top Go down
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Eve Moonlit wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:
Okay, I'll try to interact with them every single day. But every night they are very calm and doesn't even show they're scared.

Birds are active in they, day. They go to bed at night.

Parrots (yes budgies are parrots) spend all day looking for food in the wild. They barely take breaks. Try keeping them active, talk to them, maybe Skye might pick up a few words. Tricks are entertaining for both you and the birds. Also give them, fruits and vegetables , not just seed.

Sometimes we give corn, lettuce, and some other veggies. But sometimes I try to not give us much seeds since they might get fat-ish and will get weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Kiyoko wrote:
Eve Moonlit wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:
Okay, I'll try to interact with them every single day. But every night they are very calm and doesn't even show they're scared.

Birds are active in they, day. They go to bed at night.

Parrots (yes budgies are parrots) spend all day looking for food in the wild. They barely take breaks. Try keeping them active, talk to them, maybe Skye might pick up a few words. Tricks are entertaining for both you and the birds. Also give them, fruits and vegetables , not just seed.

Sometimes we give corn, lettuce, and some other veggies. But sometimes I try to not give us much seeds since they might get fat-ish and will get weak.

That is good! Here a good budgie website The Budgie Place

I used to own parrots. Also I'm a bird freak. Thats why I know all this stuff
Back to top Go down
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Oh, thank you! I just learned my budgies' ages, they're pretty young.

And birds are very cool since there are hundreds of different kinds so when you get a certain bird, you learn something new about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Kiyoko wrote:
Oh, thank you! I just learned my budgies' ages, they're pretty young.

And birds are very cool since there are hundreds of different kinds so when you get a certain bird, you learn something new about them.

Birds birds birds I obsess forever
Its good that they are young, makes training easier.
Back to top Go down
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Eve Moonlit wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:
Oh, thank you! I just learned my budgies' ages, they're pretty young.

And birds are very cool since there are hundreds of different kinds so when you get a certain bird, you learn something new about them.

Birds birds birds I obsess forever
Its good that they are young, makes training easier.

Haha, yeah. I still have to clean their cage later or tomorrow since it's already dark and I always change their cage outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Oh hey I have 12 budgies (and four babies, since one of them just had eggs uuu)!

Anyways, we let ours roam around. There's an empty room which is just for birds. Their cage is open, and since the babies are young we can't clip their wings yet. It your birds are babies, then try handling them at a young age. Because of this, they will get used to you and once they're older they won't be afraid anymore (haahaha yeah i've learned that the hard way).

Food wise, I give them honey treats (it's basically seeds and honey on a stick. you could most likely find some at a store near your house. i know they sell that at petco where i live), millet (millet&honey are treats! do not feed them that everyday because it is unhealthy), and regular parakeet food. We have a little bowl and we put veggies in them, like brocolli, lettuce, and green beans. It really dpends on your bird, because some of mine won't touch the broccoli, while others only eat that.

As for wing clipping, I do it myself and their wings still grow back. It really depends on where you cut. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then there are TONS of bird places that will do it for you (though it is SUPER expensive). I usually hand my sister help me hold them so they don't move around while I'm doing their wings. My dad taught me since he clipped out parrot's wings. uwu Also, if their nails get sharp, do not do those on your own. Go to a professional for their nails---it's much safer.

Best of luck with training! ;w;

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥


Last edited by Len on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilverBell
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3305
Join date : 2012-08-29
Age : 15
Location : A room in a house in a city in a county in a state in a country in a continent in a planet in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Len wrote:
Oh hey I have 12 budgies (and four babies, since one of them just had eggs uuu)!

Anyways, we let ours roam around. There's an empty room which is just for birds. Their cage is open, and since the babies are young we can't clip their wings yet. It your birds are babies, then try handling them at a young age. Because of this, they will get used to you and once they're older they won't be afraid anymore (haahaha yeah i've learned that the hard way).

Food wise, I give them honey treats (it's basically seeds and honey on a stick. you could most likely find some at a store near your house. i know they sell that at petco where i live), millet (millet&honey are treats! do not feed them that everyday because it is unhealthy), and regular parakeet food. We have a little bowl and we put veggies in them, like brocolli, lettuce, and green beans. It really dpends on your bird, because some of mine won't touch the broccoli, while others only eat that.

As for wing clipping, I do it myself and their wings still grow back. It really depends on how you learn it, not all internet sites are trsutworthy. My dad taught me since he clipped out parrot's wings. uwu

Best of luck with training! ;w;

Off topic but AWW SO CUTE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sweetdessert.niceboard.com
Queen
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4498
Join date : 2010-07-20
Age : 15
Location : nowhereland

PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Len wrote:
Oh hey I have 12 budgies (and four babies, since one of them just had eggs uuu)!

Anyways, we let ours roam around. There's an empty room which is just for birds. Their cage is open, and since the babies are young we can't clip their wings yet. It your birds are babies, then try handling them at a young age. Because of this, they will get used to you and once they're older they won't be afraid anymore (haahaha yeah i've learned that the hard way).

Food wise, I give them honey treats (it's basically seeds and honey on a stick. you could most likely find some at a store near your house. i know they sell that at petco where i live), millet (millet&honey are treats! do not feed them that everyday because it is unhealthy), and regular parakeet food. We have a little bowl and we put veggies in them, like brocolli, lettuce, and green beans. It really dpends on your bird, because some of mine won't touch the broccoli, while others only eat that.

As for wing clipping, I do it myself and their wings still grow back. It really depends on where you cut. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, then there are TONS of bird places that will do it for you (though it is SUPER expensive). I usually hand my sister help me hold them so they don't move around while I'm doing their wings. My dad taught me since he clipped out parrot's wings. uwu Also, if their nails get sharp, do not do those on your own. Go to a professional for their nails---it's much safer.

Best of luck with training! ;w;

Okay! Thanks for the tips, I've always thought of making a personal room for them but all of the rooms are used for something. :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My pet Budgies..   Today at 1:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
My pet Budgies..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: