Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 am

Ok, so I really want to start making my own banners. I have Gimp 2.8 (I think...), and ust a few minutes ago I tried to make a banner with Gimp, but it turned out a total fail. I would post it here but apparently my "file type is not allowed". I have no idea how to add textures or anything... I didn't even know how to add text until it magically appeared? o3o I tried reading the user guide and all that but I'm still confused... What programs do you guys use/recommend, and please, if you have any tips post them below! Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

DARKMANOR IS HERE SHE IS HERE EVEN THOUGH SHE DOESN'T USE GIMP
AND HER BANNNERS AREN'T THAT GOOD


So you need the picture, textures, and yeah. You can use copy and paste for the pictures and textures, but please forgive me if this doesn't work on GIMP
And you have to save the file as PNG
Back to top Go down
frost
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6172
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 15
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Okay, I have no idea how to save the banners, I just press Prt Sc and paste it onto Paint, then crop it out and add the text. Otherwise for adding the text, I click on the "A" thingy in the toolbox and add the text. You just stretch it out, and start typing. Then you can highlight what you typed, and put the font you want, in that little box thingy:
oi:
 
Now, for adding texture: You have to have the picture you want (not the texture), and put it into the banner, by opening the picture. Then, you open the texture you want, and it should go right on top of the picture, solidly. So you have to go to the layers box, and there's something there called "Mode". Click it, and try out the one you want, such as "overlay". Click on it, and then the texture should get more transparent, or on some of them, it doesn't change.
oi:
 
So I hoped this helped. ^^
Also, here's M's tutorial:


Last edited by Frost on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/yoichi._.s/
char
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6313
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 17
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Silent Night wrote:
Ok, so I really want to start making my own banners. I have Gimp 2.8 (I think...), and ust a few minutes ago I tried to make a banner with Gimp, but it turned out a total fail. I would post it here but apparently my "file type is not allowed". I have no idea how to add textures or anything... I didn't even know how to add text until it magically appeared? o3o I tried reading the user guide and all that but I'm still confused... What programs do you guys use/recommend, and please, if you have any tips post them below! Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm really sorry! I'm a moron at gimp and banner making... you should try to watch more youtube videos! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aimi
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4733
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 15
Location : it's confidential

PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Frost explained text and texture perfectly so read that.

Your file type is not allowed because xcf or whatever GIMP has is not allowed. JPG, or PNG is allowed though. Then you click file (or the place where you open pictures) but don't click pictures! Go towards the middle-end and select Export and change xcf to jpg or png. But then there is another error. When you try to post your banner DIRECTLY onto FF, you still can not post your banner. Post your banner on google+ or another site that allows your banner, copy the picture URL and then paste the URL in FF.

I have more tips but I'll add them later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ainako.co.vu/
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Nyan Cat wrote:
Silent Night wrote:
Ok, so I really want to start making my own banners. I have Gimp 2.8 (I think...), and ust a few minutes ago I tried to make a banner with Gimp, but it turned out a total fail. I would post it here but apparently my "file type is not allowed". I have no idea how to add textures or anything... I didn't even know how to add text until it magically appeared? o3o I tried reading the user guide and all that but I'm still confused... What programs do you guys use/recommend, and please, if you have any tips post them below! Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm really sorry! I'm a moron at gimp and banner making... you should try to watch more youtube videos! ^^
Next time, please try to post something that adds to the topic. If you added a video, then the post would have been okay. Don't post something that's irrelevant to the thread. Infraction given.

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3155
Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Clockwork Invention wrote:
DARKMANOR IS HERE SHE IS HERE EVEN THOUGH SHE DOESN'T USE GIMP
AND HER BANNNERS AREN'T THAT GOOD


So you need the picture, textures, and yeah. You can use copy and paste for the pictures and textures, but please forgive me if this doesn't work on GIMP
And you have to save the file as PNG

What do you use then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP   Today at 3:06 pm

Back to top Go down
 
I NEED BANNER MAKING HELP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New Banner making sub-forum created.
» Hot Toys making Indiana Jones figures, hints at Star Wars as well...
» Squalie's High Elves
» New forum banner required!
» Banner commision

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Creations :: Art Discussion & Tutorials-
Jump to: