Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Serious Topic.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Relora wrote:
@Silent Night, that's not even funny to joke about...
It was a small joke, but I was mostly being serious. I mean really: How come people can get the death penalty for killing another man, but not for killing an innocent animal? That makes zero sense to me whatsoever. Animals deserve to live, too. But if they get that taken away from them the least they should get is justice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Well killing animals is a bad thing but I actually approve of it in some situations.
Lile if your a farmer who raises chickens, not those idiots who raise chickens in a factory, its okay to kill one because it's food. Another example is when a animal is very sick and you have to put it too sleep. That's okay too even though it's sad.

What I think that isn't okay is killing animals for fun. There's arcade video games now, even if they are horrible games, at least play those so you don't kill a innocent deer.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3155
Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Silent Night wrote:
Relora wrote:
@Silent Night, that's not even funny to joke about...
It was a small joke, but I was mostly being serious. I mean really: How come people can get the death penalty for killing another man, but not for killing an innocent animal? That makes zero sense to me whatsoever. Animals deserve to live, too. But if they get that taken away from them the least they should get is justice.

I don't know how the government would make a law about that because some animals are considered pests and are killed everyday (like roaches). Nobody gets in trouble for killing a roach.

Would the "no killing" law count for slugs? Butterflies? Squid?


@Clockwork

Yea I agree with those situations.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Silent Night wrote:
Relora wrote:
@Silent Night, that's not even funny to joke about...
It was a small joke, but I was mostly being serious.

That's even worse.

To actually be serious about something like that, something that terrible is just awful.

You shouldn't want anybody to die especially if it involves torture in anyway. If they deserve death for a crime fine, but it's another thing to actually want someone to die over killing an animal.

I have a question for you. Do you think it's right if other animals kill other animals for food? If a lion can kill a zebra why can't a human kill a chicken or deer?

I think the biggest argument to that is that we actually have a choice and aren't just driven by instinct. Yes we are omnivores, but that's no excuse for forcing other people to become Vegans by outlawing the killing of animals.

Animals have their rights to live, but to have a law allowing someone to kill another because they killed an animal is horrific and just as bad as killing an animal.

I mean making that law just makes you as bad as the one who committed the crime. Heck what bugs me most about that law is the mindset you have to have to create such an atrocity and claim it as law. You're just as bad as the guy that killed the animal if you actually were fine with killing a human for the simple death of an animal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Two wrongs will never make a right. If one guy kills an animal for no reason then that person gets killed because someone got mad at them?
Animals are very important yes, but a human death is more heart wrenching a wringer than an animal death, since its killing your own kind.
Animals kill people too, so then if it was a law, wouldn't we have to kill an animal that killed someone?
Back to top Go down
char
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6313
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 17
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Clockwork Invention wrote:
Two wrongs will never make a right. If one guy kills an animal for no reason then that person gets killed because someone got mad at them?
Animals are very important yes, but a human death is more heart wrenching a wringer than an animal death, since its killing your own kind.
Animals kill people too, so then if it was a law, wouldn't we have to kill an animal that killed someone?

You have a point. I never actually though of it this way. The only concern I have is that people kill animals A LOT more than animals kill people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:31 pm

Relora wrote:

That's even worse.

To actually be serious about something like that, something that terrible is just awful.

You shouldn't want anybody to die especially if it involves torture in anyway. If they deserve death for a crime fine, but it's another thing to actually want someone to die over killing an animal.

I have a question for you. Do you think it's right if other animals kill other animals for food? If a lion can kill a zebra why can't a human kill a chicken or deer?

I think the biggest argument to that is that we actually have a choice and aren't just driven by instinct. Yes we are omnivores, but that's no excuse for forcing other people to become Vegans by outlawing the killing of animals.

Animals have their rights to live, but to have a law allowing someone to kill another because they killed an animal is horrific and just as bad as killing an animal.

I mean making that law just makes you as bad as the one who committed the crime. Heck what bugs me most about that law is the mindset you have to have to create such an atrocity and claim it as law. You're just as bad as the guy that killed the animal if you actually were fine with killing a human for the simple death of an animal.

Ok, listen. I stated my opinion. So what? Your getting all mad at me for that? I didn't even say everything on my mind... you know what I don't want to explain it to you. I believe in what I want to believe, you believe in what you want to believe. Let's just leave it at that.
I'm pretty much done posting on this topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
char
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6313
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 17
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

Relora wrote:
Silent Night wrote:
Relora wrote:
@Silent Night, that's not even funny to joke about...
It was a small joke, but I was mostly being serious.

That's even worse.

To actually be serious about something like that, something that terrible is just awful.

You shouldn't want anybody to die especially if it involves torture in anyway. If they deserve death for a crime fine, but it's another thing to actually want someone to die over killing an animal.

I have a question for you. Do you think it's right if other animals kill other animals for food? If a lion can kill a zebra why can't a human kill a chicken or deer?

I think the biggest argument to that is that we actually have a choice and aren't just driven by instinct. Yes we are omnivores, but that's no excuse for forcing other people to become Vegans by outlawing the killing of animals.

Animals have their rights to live, but to have a law allowing someone to kill another because they killed an animal is horrific and just as bad as killing an animal.

I mean making that law just makes you as bad as the one who committed the crime. Heck what bugs me most about that law is the mindset you have to have to create such an atrocity and claim it as law. You're just as bad as the guy that killed the animal if you actually were fine with killing a human for the simple death of an animal.


ALl human deaths and animal deaths are the same. All deaths are hard and painful, they aren't simple at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Silent Night wrote:
Relora wrote:

That's even worse.

To actually be serious about something like that, something that terrible is just awful.

You shouldn't want anybody to die especially if it involves torture in anyway. If they deserve death for a crime fine, but it's another thing to actually want someone to die over killing an animal.

I have a question for you. Do you think it's right if other animals kill other animals for food? If a lion can kill a zebra why can't a human kill a chicken or deer?

I think the biggest argument to that is that we actually have a choice and aren't just driven by instinct. Yes we are omnivores, but that's no excuse for forcing other people to become Vegans by outlawing the killing of animals.

Animals have their rights to live, but to have a law allowing someone to kill another because they killed an animal is horrific and just as bad as killing an animal.

I mean making that law just makes you as bad as the one who committed the crime. Heck what bugs me most about that law is the mindset you have to have to create such an atrocity and claim it as law. You're just as bad as the guy that killed the animal if you actually were fine with killing a human for the simple death of an animal.

Ok, listen. I stated my opinion. So what? Your getting all mad at me for that? I didn't even say everything on my mind... you know what I don't want to explain it to you. I believe in what I want to believe, you believe in what you want to believe. Let's just leave it at that.
I'm pretty much done posting on this topic.
She's not getting mad at you at all, she's countering what you said. If someone was mad at you because what you said it wouldn't sound as logical. And if anyone is going to post on a topic like this without fully explaining their thoughts, then they're going to get a lot of counters.
-
I'm going to have to agree with Relora, however. Yes, I understand that animals are important too, but it's basically like saying that an animal should die for killing a human. An animal should die for killing another animal. That isn't how life works. Okay, some people may not support eating meat. That's okay! That's completely fine, but if someone is going to force someone else to be a vegan/vegetarian, then that's wrong. You can't force someone not to do something.
I understand that some people may think killing animals is wrong, but there's a food chain. Humans>hunting animals>prey>plants. Humans are omnivores, thus meaning they originally needed meat. Of course, there are supplements for everything, but I would like to point that out.
=
Of course, this is a topic with lots of possible answers and everyone's contributions are helpful. Just remember not to let things get out of hand.

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Silent Night wrote:

Ok, listen. I stated my opinion. So what? Your getting all mad at me for that? I didn't even say everything on my mind... you know what I don't want to explain it to you. I believe in what I want to believe, you believe in what you want to believe. Let's just leave it at that.
I'm pretty much done posting on this topic.

I'm in no way mad, but I'm confused with your thought process that is all. I was just taken aback by such a belief, in no way am I angry with you or your opinion, only confused.

You don't need to be rude about it when you're replying to me. I'm sorry if I offended you but think of it in my perspective much like I'm trying to see it through yours right now. I understand that your intentions mean well, but truthfully it doesn't seem to be with the best way to deal with something like killing an animal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Relora wrote:

I'm in no way mad, but I'm confused with your thought process that is all. I was just taken aback by such a belief, in no way am I angry with you or your opinion, only confused.

You don't need to be rude about it when you're replying to me. I'm sorry if I offended you but think of it in my perspective much like I'm trying to see it through yours right now. I understand that your intentions mean well, but truthfully it doesn't seem to be with the best way to deal with something like killing an animal.
Ok... I apologize.
Animal cruelty is a topic that really makes me angry, and yes, over react a LOT.
But its hard for me to explain how I feel about it...
It's just that... I cant really express my thoughts... But I'll try.
People who hunt for food= OK.
People who kill innocent animals for absolutely no reason at all, just do it for fun and stuff...= NOT OK.
People who torture poor animals who did nothing to deserve it= Also NOT OK.
If people got the death penalty for killing animals, I just think maybe people would suddenly realize killing animals isn't right and it might not be as big as a problem...?
Animals killing humans, though, well... that... to be honest I did not think about before...
Animal cruelty is just something that makes me forget to think before I speak. So, again I apologize for being rude and unclear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Silent Night wrote:
Relora wrote:

I'm in no way mad, but I'm confused with your thought process that is all. I was just taken aback by such a belief, in no way am I angry with you or your opinion, only confused.

You don't need to be rude about it when you're replying to me. I'm sorry if I offended you but think of it in my perspective much like I'm trying to see it through yours right now. I understand that your intentions mean well, but truthfully it doesn't seem to be with the best way to deal with something like killing an animal.
Ok... I apologize.
Animal cruelty is a topic that really makes me angry, and yes, over react a LOT.
But its hard for me to explain how I feel about it...
It's just that... I cant really express my thoughts... But I'll try.
People who hunt for food= OK.
People who kill innocent animals for absolutely no reason at all, just do it for fun and stuff...= NOT OK.
People who torture poor animals who did nothing to deserve it= Also NOT OK.
If people got the death penalty for killing animals, I just think maybe people would suddenly realize killing animals isn't right and it might not be as big as a problem...?
Animals killing humans, though, well... that... to be honest I did not think about before...
Animal cruelty is just something that makes me forget to think before I speak. So, again I apologize for being rude and unclear.

Forgiven :3

And I agree with that all but still trouble would arise if the killing of animals was banned. Some people might have major health problems or not be able to consume alternatives for protein from chicken and beef, but I do see where you're coming from o3o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Killing animals isn't all that bad I mean I eat meat all of the time. Its like lion eating zebra.
I mean killing animals shouldn't be banned but animal torture like puppy mills, meat factorys, and stuff like that should be banned.

I don't think banning killing animals would male people realize anything.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3155
Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Clockwork Invention wrote:
Killing animals isn't all that bad I mean I eat meat all of the time. Its like lion eating zebra.
I mean killing animals shouldn't be banned but animal torture like puppy mills, meat factorys, and stuff like that should be banned.

I don't think banning killing animals would male people realize anything.

I think it would be nicer if the animals lived on a nice farm for a while and then get eaten instead of a meat factory, it seems less cruel that way (even if it does cost more). Zebras get to enjoy life before getting attacked by a pack of lions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Rufistar wrote:
Clockwork Invention wrote:
Killing animals isn't all that bad I mean I eat meat all of the time. Its like lion eating zebra.
I mean killing animals shouldn't be banned but animal torture like puppy mills, meat factorys, and stuff like that should be banned.

I don't think banning killing animals would male people realize anything.

I think it would be nicer if the animals lived on a nice farm for a while and then get eaten instead of a meat factory, it seems less cruel that way (even if it does cost more). Zebras get to enjoy life before getting attacked by a pack of lions.
This ^
It makes much more sense, treat animals fairly. I mean in the meat factorys the animals are living in the worst place ever. And they don't even live nicely before they die.
In the farm, everything is just fine. No overbreedung. No drugs. No torture.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4269
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 15
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Clockwork Invention wrote:
Two wrongs will never make a right. If one guy kills an animal for no reason then that person gets killed because someone got mad at them?
Animals are very important yes, but a human death is more heart wrenching a wringer than an animal death, since its killing your own kind.
Animals kill people too, so then if it was a law, wouldn't we have to kill an animal that killed someone?
100% agree with u darkmanor; killing people because they kill animals isn't helping to sustain life, it's only eliminating more lives. and at least half the time, the person who killed that animal would be using it as food to keep them-self alive.

@ron and nyan cat, yes i realize i was overreacting and i am deeply sorry. i shouldn't try to make you feel guilty about what you eat nyan cat, as i am not guilty for eating animals. i'm pretty sensitive when people accuse me for eating meat, and i know i reacted poorly. i've just been pretty upset lately with swag, cake, and xaria being total jerks and i shouldn't have taken it out on you. i hope you aren't mad at me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
char
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6313
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 17
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:56 pm

hop wrote:
Clockwork Invention wrote:
Two wrongs will never make a right. If one guy kills an animal for no reason then that person gets killed because someone got mad at them?
Animals are very important yes, but a human death is more heart wrenching a wringer than an animal death, since its killing your own kind.
Animals kill people too, so then if it was a law, wouldn't we have to kill an animal that killed someone?
100% agree with u darkmanor; killing people because they kill animals isn't helping to sustain life, it's only eliminating more lives. and at least half the time, the person who killed that animal would be using it as food to keep them-self alive.

@ron and nyan cat, yes i realize i was overreacting and i am deeply sorry. i shouldn't try to make you feel guilty about what you eat nyan cat, as i am not guilty for eating animals. i'm pretty sensitive when people accuse me for eating meat, and i know i reacted poorly. i've just been pretty upset lately with swag, cake, and xaria being total jerks and i shouldn't have taken it out on you. i hope you aren't mad at me.
No, it's alright. I'm the one who needs to apologize for being so bossy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4269
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 15
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Nyan Cat wrote:
hop wrote:
Clockwork Invention wrote:
Two wrongs will never make a right. If one guy kills an animal for no reason then that person gets killed because someone got mad at them?
Animals are very important yes, but a human death is more heart wrenching a wringer than an animal death, since its killing your own kind.
Animals kill people too, so then if it was a law, wouldn't we have to kill an animal that killed someone?
100% agree with u darkmanor; killing people because they kill animals isn't helping to sustain life, it's only eliminating more lives. and at least half the time, the person who killed that animal would be using it as food to keep them-self alive.

@ron and nyan cat, yes i realize i was overreacting and i am deeply sorry. i shouldn't try to make you feel guilty about what you eat nyan cat, as i am not guilty for eating animals. i'm pretty sensitive when people accuse me for eating meat, and i know i reacted poorly. i've just been pretty upset lately with swag, cake, and xaria being total jerks and i shouldn't have taken it out on you. i hope you aren't mad at me.
No, it's alright. I'm the one who needs to apologize for being so bossy.
haha alright good its all cool!! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-09-12
Age : 19
Location : Your pants

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Relora wrote:
Trapping is a whole other story, if anything I find trapping an animal horrifying.

I have to disagree. Trapping has been around for ages and I think it's one of the first things that seperated us intellectually from other animals. Just like making tools and other things of that sort.

Nature made some species to be on the top of the food chain and others not to be. I think the debate is really whether our intelligence gives us more responsibility than any another animal. I mean when a lion is ripping a baby gazelle to shreds, the farthest thing on its mind is whether what he's doing is morally correct or not.

That last paragraph doesnt necessarily reflect my personal beliefs but it's just some food for thought Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 am

I agree with this.

Animal Testing is a big problem. Look at the effects, they're horrifying... But be warned: I can guarantee you will have nightmares after seeing those pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:51 am

Silent Night wrote:
I agree with this.

Animal Testing is a big problem. Look at the effects, they're horrifying... But be warned: I can guarantee you will have nightmares after seeing those pictures.
I hate animal testing. I never seen images of it, I like to stay innocent, but it's horrible.
WE SHOULDN'T TREAT ANYTHING LIKE LAB RATS. In fact lab rats shouldn't be treated like that either.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 pm

69hot_wangs69 wrote:
Relora wrote:
Trapping is a whole other story, if anything I find trapping an animal horrifying.

I have to disagree. Trapping has been around for ages and I think it's one of the first things that seperated us intellectually from other animals. Just like making tools and other things of that sort.

Nature made some species to be on the top of the food chain and others not to be. I think the debate is really whether our intelligence gives us more responsibility than any another animal. I mean when a lion is ripping a baby gazelle to shreds, the farthest thing on its mind is whether what he's doing is morally correct or not.

That last paragraph doesnt necessarily reflect my personal beliefs but it's just some food for thought ;)

It's the suffering that is involved with trapping that I was referring to, sorry that I didn't explain that lol, but I do agree with what you say, it just goes against my morals I guess.

Otherwise if the animal didn't have to suffer until the person comes to retrieve it I'd be fine with it completely.


Nyan Cat wrote:


ALl human deaths and animal deaths are the same. All deaths are hard and painful, they aren't simple at all.

Not all deaths are painful or hard. Don't get so uptight xP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Serious Topic.   Today at 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Serious Topic.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Another new person topic
» Diplomacy Topic
» Talking with friends topic!!!
» Is death essential to good story writing?
» What are your favorite painting sites?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: