Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 What type of dogs do you like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
frost
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6172
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 15
Location : hell

PostSubject: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Well, see, I'm buying a dog sometime in the next few months. I'm having trouble with what type of dog I should buy...I'm having trouble deciding if I should get a golden retriever, or Maltese right now. But of course, you can suggest something else. I might put in the link of the puppies/dogs that I'm having trouble deciding with later.
Help me decide which type of dog to get! c:
I'm sorry if you're allergic to dogs or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/yoichi._.s/
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Either one. I've never had a Maltese but I bet they're great companions. I've only had a German Shepherd, Pug, and a Golden Retriever/Yellow Labrador mix. My Retriever/Lab is amazing, I love him so much c: (But he's really old so we're not going to have him much longer if you know what I mean ): He's really sweet and protective of me and my family. He's never bitten anyone before either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frost
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6172
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 15
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Silent Night wrote:
Either one. I've never had a Maltese but I bet they're great companions. I've only had a German Shepherd, Pug, and a Golden Retriever/Yellow Labrador mix. My Retriever/Lab is amazing, I love him so much c: (But he's really old so we're not going to have him much longer if you know what I mean ): He's really sweet and protective of me and my family. He's never bitten anyone before either.
He sounds really sweet! C: But sad that its really old now. :c I might a the golden retriever, considering the Maltese puppies/dogs cost more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/yoichi._.s/
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:59 pm

i say maltese if you want the oggy to be in teh house a lot and for it to be annoying but not like kill u
i lov small dogs but some people hate them so choose on that

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian


Posts : 8763
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:00 pm

My grandfather had a schipperke. They are small, and they don't really have tails.

what most look like:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
char
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6313
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 17
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm

You should really get a lab or a Golden Retriever. They are obedient and kawaii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rikka
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3495
Join date : 2012-03-08
Age : 16
Location : memes

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm

I had a golden retriever they are very nice:) (sadly she died but she was old so..) but anyways they are ^ like nyan cat said XD very obedient, kawaii, and fun to play with, they are also very good with little children (like me when we had her XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I suggest a large dog, since they have better temperaments than those little yappy terrier dogs. They also tend to have less health issues. My personal favourite breed is the Great Pyrenees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm

ur all biased against tiny babies Sad
they might be less annyoing but..... .. .. are they tiny babies??? haha, doubted that.
i would get a tiny baby because i love lil dogs. they are cute and annoying and hard to train but idk man i lov them just having them around makes me happier than big dogs but htats just me. im a lil dog person.
of course big dogs also have their benefits, they both do!!
but if u want it to sleep in your bed and not annoy you get a lil babe


Last edited by Oliver on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
dewey
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2743
Join date : 2012-10-30
Age : 15
Location : probably in my bed tbh

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Oliver wrote:
ur all biased against tiny babies Sad
they might be less annyoing but..... .. .. are they tiny babies??? haha, doubted that.
i would get a tiny baby because i love lil dogs. they are cute and annoying and hard to train but they just have such a SPIRIT that i've never seen a big dog have. of course big dogs also have their benefits, they both do!!
but if u want it to sleep in your bed and not annoy you get a lil babe
Hehe my big dog is 9or10 years old but still runs around like he's young again (:
And he loves to lay on the bed {even though he's not allowed lol because he sheds too much.}
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 pm

haha yeah thats how dogs are i love them for that energetic till the end ´v`b

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Pomeranians are THE CUTEST THINGS EVER. Even when they get old they are still fluffy.
Usually they are good tempered and really cute o3o
Back to top Go down
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Siberian Huskies are the best dogs no question about it
I have two of them and they're really perfect okay

Anyways, out of the two you said I'd probably go with a Golden Retriever. (im just biased towards big dogs though so)

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 am

Oliver wrote:
ur all biased against tiny babies :(
they might be less annyoing but..... .. .. are they tiny babies??? haha, doubted that.
i would get a tiny baby because i love lil dogs. they are cute and annoying and hard to train but idk man i lov them just having them around makes me happier than big dogs but htats just me. im a lil dog person.
of course big dogs also have their benefits, they both do!!
but if u want it to sleep in your bed and not annoy you get a lil babe

but they can't protect you ;c


If could get a small dog though it would be a Pomeranian or Shiba Inu (Minature Akita <3333)

If your family is up to it and prepared for work and love I'd suggest the Akita. However, that dog isn't for the feint of heart and they don't normally do well in packs or work well with other dogs. It's a big responsibility with them, however, you're rewarded with loyalty, protection, and a great friend who will return the affection you show him.
Resources: Personal experience with my 5 Akitas :3



Anyway if you wanna have a golden retrieved I've been told they're a great dog to have. Never heard of a Maltese though >3<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 am

Relora wrote:
Oliver wrote:
ur all biased against tiny babies Sad
they might be less annyoing but..... .. .. are they tiny babies??? haha, doubted that.
i would get a tiny baby because i love lil dogs. they are cute and annoying and hard to train but idk man i lov them just having them around makes me happier than big dogs but htats just me. im a lil dog person.
of course big dogs also have their benefits, they both do!!
but if u want it to sleep in your bed and not annoy you get a lil babe

but they can't protect you ;c


If could get a small dog though it would be a Pomeranian or Shiba Inu (Minature Akita <3333)

If your family is up to it and prepared for work and love I'd suggest the Akita. However, that dog isn't for the feint of heart and they don't normally do well in packs or work well with other dogs. It's a big responsibility with them, however, you're rewarded with loyalty, protection, and a great friend who will return the affection you show him.
Resources: Personal experience with my 5 Akitas :3



Anyway if you wanna have a golden retrieved I've been told they're a great dog to have. Never heard of a Maltese though >3<

this is a Maltese:


I've never been a little dog guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6776
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 19
Location : Define "Location"

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:53 am

Ron Weasley wrote:

this is a Maltese:


I've never been a little dog guy.


I've never been a little dog girl myself. But it's kinda cute I guess d:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1179
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 am

Get a Alaskan Shepard or a Begal. Or, maybe get a Golden Retriver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4139
Join date : 2012-07-17
Age : 15
Location : In my bedroom contemplating my life choices.

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:30 am

I have a suggestion get a border collie one of the smartest dogs in the world! I suggest getting it because they are easy to train, pretty well behaved but one thing they want a job so you should teach them how to get your favorite thing from your room because they will need a job or they will start tearing up you favorite socks. If you don't like all the hair I suggest getting a mixed dog like a border collie/hound that will make them a short-hair also they will smell super good. ((that what I have)) Border collies commonly look like

border collie:
 

border collie hound:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1179
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 am

~Winterful~ wrote:
I have a suggestion get a border collie one of the smartest dogs in the world! I suggest getting it because they are easy to train, pretty well behaved but one thing they want a job so you should teach them how to get your favorite thing from your room because they will need a job or they will start tearing up you favorite socks. If you don't like all the hair I suggest getting a mixed dog like a border collie/hound that will make them a short-hair also they will smell super good. ((that what I have)) Border collies commonly look like

border collie:
 

border collie hound:
 

The border collie looks like my dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:38 am

akinabear wrote:
~Winterful~ wrote:
I have a suggestion get a border collie one of the smartest dogs in the world! I suggest getting it because they are easy to train, pretty well behaved but one thing they want a job so you should teach them how to get your favorite thing from your room because they will need a job or they will start tearing up you favorite socks. If you don't like all the hair I suggest getting a mixed dog like a border collie/hound that will make them a short-hair also they will smell super good. ((that what I have)) Border collies commonly look like

border collie:
 

border collie hound:
 

The border collie looks like my dog.

Not if you live in a small house. They need a LOT of space and preferably some sheep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 am

Relora wrote:
Oliver wrote:
ur all biased against tiny babies Sad
they might be less annyoing but..... .. .. are they tiny babies??? haha, doubted that.
i would get a tiny baby because i love lil dogs. they are cute and annoying and hard to train but idk man i lov them just having them around makes me happier than big dogs but htats just me. im a lil dog person.
of course big dogs also have their benefits, they both do!!
but if u want it to sleep in your bed and not annoy you get a lil babe

but they can't protect you ;c


If could get a small dog though it would be a Pomeranian or Shiba Inu (Minature Akita <3333)

If your family is up to it and prepared for work and love I'd suggest the Akita. However, that dog isn't for the feint of heart and they don't normally do well in packs or work well with other dogs. It's a big responsibility with them, however, you're rewarded with loyalty, protection, and a great friend who will return the affection you show him.
Resources: Personal experience with my 5 Akitas :3



Anyway if you wanna have a golden retrieved I've been told they're a great dog to have. Never heard of a Maltese though >3<
Who said that she needed to be protected?
Its not like sure going to walk home from school with her dig and some creepy guy attacks her and the dog beats him up.

Big digs are cool but are kinda intimidating. Their bites are usually harder but the don't live as long as a small dog. I think it was 10 years for big dog, and 15 for small.

Small dogs for the win.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 am

Clockwork Invention wrote:

Who said that she needed to be protected?
Its not like sure going to walk home from school with her dig and some creepy guy attacks her and the dog beats him up.

Big digs are cool but are kinda intimidating. Their bites are usually harder but the don't live as long as a small dog. I think it was 10 years for big dog, and 15 for small.

Small dogs for the win.

Actually, small dogs often don't live as long as large dogs because they get stepped on a lot, fall down the stairs and even get eaten by coyotes. They're also more prone to heat stroke and liver disease.

They're also not as friendly. Small dogs are very territorial and kind of aggressive. And they bark. A lot. Not that I don't like them, I just prefer larger dogs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:10 am

Ron Weasley wrote:
Clockwork Invention wrote:

Who said that she needed to be protected?
Its not like sure going to walk home from school with her dig and some creepy guy attacks her and the dog beats him up.

Big digs are cool but are kinda intimidating. Their bites are usually harder but the don't live as long as a small dog. I think it was 10 years for big dog, and 15 for small.

Small dogs for the win.

Actually, small dogs often don't live as long as large dogs because they get stepped on a lot, fall down the stairs and even get eaten by coyotes. They're also more prone to heat stroke and liver disease.


They're also not as friendly. Small dogs are very territorial and kind of aggressive. And they bark. A lot. Not that I don't like them, I just prefer larger dogs.
Hahah I'm veeery aware of the coyote eating small dog thing and the territorial habits of small dogs.
I have experienced it myself.

Once my aunts terrifying agreeesive York terrier puppy chased me and bit me. It was scary since I was 4. And my other aunt has this pappion that hates me sp much, it barks at me whenever I walk into my own house or stuff. Never dies that with anyone else. I guess it's because I'm always trying to look at it in the eye.
Back to top Go down
frost
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6172
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 15
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 am

@Ron Agreed.
Ahaha, I was planning on getting a bigger dog, or 'older' one, and not a puppy. I had 2 puppies before, but we sold one, and the other died; it was a Yorkshire Terrier puppy that was 3 weeks old.
I really think this Maltese is cute:
http://www.puppyfind.com/member_photos/full/7/7k765t87di7.jpg
And this Golden Retriever:
http://www.puppyfind.com/member_photos/full/k/k3l7z8gah4h.jpg
But they're puppies, so I wouldn't really be able to get them, and the Maltese $1500...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/yoichi._.s/
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 am

Ron Weasley wrote:
Clockwork Invention wrote:

Who said that she needed to be protected?
Its not like sure going to walk home from school with her dig and some creepy guy attacks her and the dog beats him up.

Big digs are cool but are kinda intimidating. Their bites are usually harder but the don't live as long as a small dog. I think it was 10 years for big dog, and 15 for small.

Small dogs for the win.

Actually, small dogs often don't live as long as large dogs because they get stepped on a lot, fall down the stairs and even get eaten by coyotes. They're also more prone to heat stroke and liver disease.

They're also not as friendly. Small dogs are very territorial and kind of aggressive. And they bark. A lot. Not that I don't like them, I just prefer larger dogs.
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
seriously, though, we're talking about death by old age here, the death you want your dog to have if you take care of it. (my chihuahua is 10 years old)
"Nearly 40% of small breed dogs live longer than 10 years, but only 13% of giant breed dogs live that long. The average 50-pound dog will live 10 to 12 years. But giant breeds such as great Danes or deerhounds are elderly at 6 to 8 years."
soo yeah, that's proven and can't be unproven, sorry umu
but!!! big dogs are better protectors and are also very fun. if you have an apartment i recommend a small dog cuz they are beautiful babies. if you have a bigger house and you prefer big dogs i'd get a big dog. i personally would get a small dog either way because i absolutely adore them!! i lov sleeping in my bed with them and carrying them and playing around with them.
so me personally would get the maltese. they're apparently one of the least agressive small dogs (not like my chihuahuas hahah) so yeah!!
I would get the maltese. do whatever you want, though. AND STOP HATING ON SMALL DOGS!! SMALL DOGS!! WOO!!!!
also, im pretty sure anyone can agree with this, whether big dog person or tiny dog person:
research your dog breed first!!! this will help you keep it alive and know what to give it. when i got my chihuahuas my parents did the research cuz i was like four and didn't know anything but you're older so you should help in this!! it'll help you keep the doggy alive and well for many years!!
good luck with ur dog, whether you get one big or small >o<
have you considered getting a dog from a shelter or a kennel, though?

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What type of dogs do you like?   Today at 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
 
What type of dogs do you like?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Cursed Company - WFB Dogs of war
» Type Boo > Questionnaire
» What is your favorite weapon type?
» 2004 Honda Civic Type R
» (PS4)(PS3) Watch Dogs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: