Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Serious Problem ):

Go down 
+12
aimi
Flynn
Cherry
Relora
Oliver
YEEZUS
Lenka
Rufistar
Reese
pokeranger
Squirtle
dewey decimal system
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

Serious Problem ): Empty
PostSubject: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Ok so I'm not usually that serious on here (LOL) but this is a real problem I need help with & don't know what to do...

So, today at school, I was hanging out with my friends when this one (I'll call her 'Bob' for now) my friend Bob said, "Can I tell you a secret?" So of course I said yes because I love when people tell me secrets. What she said next... really shocked me. "I'm doing bulimia." I seriously don't think she knows what bulimia is because it's not something you DO, it's an eating disorder that you HAVE. Yeah, bulimia is an eating disorder. It's basically when you eat food and then throw up purposely so you don't gain the calories. She told me not to tell anyone, but this is something unhealthy that can kill her! To make it worse, my other friend said she was going to do it too! And it doesn't even make sense because they're both skinny as sticks. So like I said I have no idea what to do... help, please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Tell her parents imediatly. Even though she didn't want you to tell anyone, her life can seriously be endangered.
Or try to talk her out of it. Point out to her, being skinny isn't always good
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm

I agree with witch. They don't realize how bad that is, you should tell them or their parents.
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Even though your friend doesn't want you to tell anyone, it's always important to tell his/her parents. Trying to lose weight this way is wrong.

Last edited by Perrie on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reese
Hero Fantagian
Reese

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

You should tell your friend's parents. I mean, this is serious. Your friend could die.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 pm

Like the others said, convince her or tell her parents.

To convince her, tell all he bad things that would happen to her. And you're right it doesn't make sense since they're skinny? Plus, even if you were a little chubby what's the point? Getting more exercise is definitely a more healthy and pleasant thing. Or eating more healthy foods.

If that doesn't work, tell her parents. If you don't know how to contact them without asking your friend directly just come up with an excuse "Hey... uh, can I have your mom's phone number? My mom asked for it to discuss school/stuff/whatever."
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Veteran Fantagian
Lenka

Location : clap aloNG IF YOU FeeL THA t hapPINESS IS THE //TRUTH//

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:28 pm

TELL HER PARENTS.

Or, if you don't want to "lose her trust" (even though you might be saving her life)
Show her proof that having bulimia is terrible. Show her something from the Internet, like from a medical website, or even Wikipedia.

Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Lenka wrote:
TELL HER PARENTS.

Or, if you don't want to "lose her trust" (even though you might be saving her life)
Show her proof that having bulimia is terrible. Show her something from the Internet, like from a medical website, or even Wikipedia.

Not wikipedia (cause then she'll be like "That's not even true, that's wikipedia anyone can edit that site."). Find some fancy looking health organization.
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 pm

You should tell her the side-effects of bulimia. Point out that bulimia will not make you skinny in the end, if it doesn't kill you it will wreck your metabolism and you'll end out fat. Your teeth will also rot because of the acid in the throw-up that washes over them. If you're successful at becoming emaciated, you'll develop white fur all over your body called lanugo, which, trust me, is not pretty. It takes years for it to go away and it's absolutely awfuuulll, ugh. Any eating disorder will also damage your brain, muscles, etc. If your body doesn't get enough food it begins to eat itself on the inside so it can survive, so you'll damage it. Also, if you starve yourself for a long(ish) period of time your body will put itself into starvation mode and will hold onto the fat of anything you eat, so in the end you gain more weight than you normally would. Bulimia also causes mouth sores, bloating of the face, anemia, and red eyes. If you don't believe me, you can look it up. .-. I know a bit of it from personal experience, others I know from past research and my mum who used to work in the medical and mental fields. If she still wants to throw up everything she eats after knowing these side-effects, you should tell her parents.
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 pm

oh gosh it's really hard to have a friend with an eating disorder i know because of experience, uh!!!
if you're brave enough tell her parents it's the right thing to do seriously. i couldn't do it because im dumb and a coward and i couldn't reach her parents anyway (shes ok though dont worry shes getting better) but please tell her parents or at least yours.
u_u tell them as fast as you can before it gets very bad.
and no matter how many things you tell them about bulimia they wont stop. it's a mental disorder just info can't help it they need professional help!!!!!
just sorry this gets me all nervous please try to help them
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 am

Tell her parents or get a hold of a school guidance counselor that can help her and get a hold of her parents.

She needs help ASAP, and even if she ends up not liking you after you tell her parents, at least you'll know that you've saved a lot of people a lot of grief and unhappiness.
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Veteran Fantagian
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 am

I used to have an eating disorder it was horrible djkfsk DX

Tell her that it is really bad trust me it is, and tell someone right now!
Back to top Go down
http://Fantage.com
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 am

Oh god, some girls will do the stupidest things to be thin.

Tell them that puking everything they eat won't make them prettier.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:32 pm

[quote="Captain Jack Sparrow"]Oh god, some girls will do the stupidest things to be thin.

Who can blame them? We live in a very material and judgmental world. Some girls don't have the security, esteem, and inner strength to not fall prey to it all :c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:

No offense but that was really sexist. Its not exactly stupid, some people have mental disorders that make them think they are fat when they aren't.
I mean the vomiting part is really sad and they try too hard but I don't think they can help it.
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:45 pm

yeah ron shut up i bet you've never met anyone who's actually gone through it they can't help it haha
just tell her parents it's the only thing you should do . please. dont try to talk her out of it because it wont work it's a mental disorder. just tell her parents U_U
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but plenty of guys do it as well... Besides that, it's a mental disorder. Most of them can't actually help it. :/
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
aimi
Veteran Fantagian
aimi

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Oliver wrote:
yeah ron shut up i bet you've never met anyone who's actually gone through it they can't help it haha
just tell her parents it's the only thing you should do . please. dont try to talk her out of it because it wont work it's a mental disorder. just tell her parents U_U
This. Most likely it's a mental disorder. If you tell her directly, it might turn for the worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Oliver wrote:
Basically this except for the shut up part. Mental disorders can't be helped.
I don't know about talking her out of it but telling her parents is ASAP
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:01 pm

yeah sorry about being kinda mean but i jstu this is kidna important to me and i dont like it when people are sarcastic and rather cross about it i don't care if that's how they usually act they have to stop when it comes to important topics like this wwhehehehze
its basically impossible to talk someone out of it believe me ive tried a lot of times it never works you tell them they're skinny you tell them they're beautiful you tell them all the things it can cause and they don't care they know what they're doing is wrong but they never stop they nev er etever tssstop and i couldnt tell her parents but good thing is she 's ok but you can so pLEASE tell her parensts.
pelase. please pealase pelase
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:08 pm

Oliver wrote:
yeah sorry about being kinda mean but i jstu this is kidna important to me and i dont like it when people are sarcastic and rather cross about it i don't care if that's how they usually act they have to stop when it comes to important topics like this wwhehehehze
its basically impossible to talk someone out of it believe me ive tried a lot of times it never works you tell them they're skinny you tell them they're beautiful you tell them all the things it can cause and they don't care they know what they're doing is wrong but they never stop they nev er etever tssstop and i couldnt tell her parents but good thing is she 's ok but you can so pLEASE tell her parensts.
pelase. please pealase pelase
Wow thats actually sad, they won't listen even if you comfort them?
I guess even though if she loses your trust @Insanity, you are doing the right thing, you don't want her to die so if she lives longer you can be happy for doing the right thing
Back to top Go down
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Tell your friends:
"Oh dear. Please, don't do this. I don't want you to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And get early hysterical. It ALWAYS works.
Back to top Go down
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 pm

And Boys Don't Do Stupid Things?

that was a sexist comment. its a DISORDER.
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 pm

@madoka: no trsut me they'll start saying that nothing will happen to them and that it'll be ok jUST ti ts different its diffenret i t shr oirobelbeojriowjrof´dijeLÑ
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm

This is bad for them as other people have said. They could possibly die from that disorder, pretty soon their teeth will rot their stomach will cave in and they will die. I know because someone who I loved had this disorder and died. Talk to their parents or talk to the school guidance consuelr or nurse immediately even though they will be mad now, later your friends will thank you for it. They might even need some therapy to help them. This is like how a smoker is to cigarettes hard to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious Problem ):   Serious Problem ): Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious Problem ):
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next