Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups

Share | 

Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
~Rachelle
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Well, some of us agreed that the forum moderators and staff are inactive! There was a troller a minute ago saying Stupid......and stuff and I think that Mace needs to get on more! Its his job of being admin. I am not saying this to start a problem its just that the forum needs active staff. its either make new mods or stay active.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:28 pm

I do agree with you. We need more mods.
However the staff is usually really busy, as you see, they have lives and schools, they don't always have the time for FF.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Yes I do believe that some of the mods have been inactive I know i have seen S on lately then again mace is like never on... I think we should get some more moderators or make the admins on more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Rachelle
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Yeah! I mean some of us are responsible to hand a forum rite?

(*COUGH* Not me)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm

I do agree. I don't mind them being gone for a week and going on certain hours but, I mean the featured user and updates aren't you know- Updated.

But maybe they should hire new moderators. It would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.no.com
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Bliss Swirl wrote:
I do agree. I don't mind them being gone for a week and going on certain hours but, I mean the featured user and updates aren't you know- Updated.

I don't think there's going to be a March Featured User, because it's so late now they'd only have 14 days before it would switch again.

And we've had the Christmas/Winter theme up for 4 months.

I personally feel that both of our administrators are very inactive (Abbey has some good reasons for her inactivity, but still), and this could cause some issues. Maybe we should promote some of our more active moderators and then hire some more moderators who would be more active.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Ya I know there is some good users that would be good for the job I am really sick of seeing this winter theme. Maybe that is why its still SNOWING in march. I was looking forward to seeing that happy user who was gonna be the featured user.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm fine with the theme but like Tricky said, its snowing in March? It would be nice if Mace was more active, but I'm sure he's really busy.
Back to top Go down
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Tricky wrote:
Ya I know there is some good users that would be good for the job I am really sick of seeing this winter theme. Maybe that is why its still SNOWING in march. I was looking forward to seeing that happy user who was gonna be the featured user.

He should hire graphic designers, moderators and another admin. You know for backup....
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Pippin wrote:
Bliss Swirl wrote:

I don't think there's going to be a March Featured User, because it's so late now they'd only have 14 days before it would switch again.

And we've had the Christmas/Winter theme up for 4 months.

I personally feel that both of our administrators are very inactive (Abbey has some good reasons for her inactivity, but still), and this could cause some issues. Maybe we should promote some of our more active moderators and then hire some more moderators who would be more active.

I agree with you^

We all have reasons for inactivity. But that's the point of having two admins and three mods right? Think about it.

Right now, I feel that Aisha is the only active moderator. Sorry but I think the mods should be people who are at least active. Or we should elect new mods when we feel it's necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Rachelle
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm

WELL,

I don't know whos active or not but we should have mod applicationz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Do I feel that the mods are inactive? Yes
Do I feel as if it's for stupid reasons? Nope.

Being a sophomore in high school who is busy with band, student council, family, and a gagillion other things I completely understand why the mods (who I believe are all teenagers and are in high school, don't quote me on this though) are inactive. However, I think we need a few more. Maybe something like junior mods or volunteer mods who have some moderator privileges, but not all.

It's unfortunate we have trollers and stuff, but almost all forums experience these things. We can only sit and wait. I suggest you all do your part to PM the mods and report users who are breaking the rules, threatening/harassing people, trolling etc. Sadly, besides bringing awareness to the small lack of modding, it's all we can do.

May I also say that the positions filled by our wonderful mods and admins can be time-consuming, so even if they were active 24/7 problems would still arise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Relora wrote:

Being a sophomore in high school who is busy with band, student council, family, and a gagillion other things I completely understand why the mods (who I believe are all teenagers and are in high school, don't quote me on this though) are inactive. However, I think we need a few more. Maybe something like junior mods or volunteer mods who have some moderator privileges, but not all.

It's unfortunate we have trollers and stuff, but almost all forums experience these things. We can only sit and wait. I suggest you all do your part to PM the mods and report users who are breaking the rules, threatening/harassing people, trolling etc. Sadly, besides bringing awareness to the small lack of modding, it's all we can do.

May I also say that the positions filled by our wonderful mods and admins can be time-consuming, so even if they were active 24/7 problems would still arise.

You're right, but what's the big deal about having a 12 year old or 11 year old be a moderator? A lot of 12 year olds on here are mature enough and have enough responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Well the mods are active, they just need to be more active. And I mean, they have lives so they can't go on 100% of the day like everyone else said. Plus, they are trying their best to keep the forum nice and clean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:

You're right, but what's the big deal about having a 12 year old or 11 year old be a moderator? A lot of 12 year olds on here are mature enough and have enough responsibility.

I never said a 12 or 11-year-old couldn't be a mod c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Relora wrote:
Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:

I know, I'm just pointing that out c: Sorry If I sounded Rude!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:
Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:

you know, i think you're right. even if the 11 or 12 year olds aren't mature, they're practically the only people who go on, so they might as well moderate the forum. if they care enough to be online all the time, why shouldn't they be the moderators? at this point, i really don't think maturity matters that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:
Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:

Oh it wasn't that! I just thought you misinterpreted what I said! Just didn't want you to think I was being rude c:

@Hop, they need to have some maturity though! We can't have people misusing their power D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:58 pm

I just think that we need volunteer moderators like what Relora said. Otherwise any age can moderate a forum on the level of maturity. So its possible anyone active, resposnsible and caring will fit for the job
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm

Relora wrote:
Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:
Perfection wrote:
Relora wrote:

Oh it wasn't that! I just thought you misinterpreted what I said! Just didn't want you to think I was being rude c:

@Hop, they need to have some maturity though! We can't have people misusing their power D:
yes they shouldn't be messing up the forum and abusing their authorities, I understand. but what i'm trying to say is that mace shouldn't pick people just based on their maturity, because in the past, mace has selected some really mature and smart moderators and they only went on once or twice. we want people who can be mature, but we also want people who are willing to come on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misty
Legendary Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Bliss Swirl wrote:
I just think that we need volunteer moderators like what Relora said. Otherwise any age can moderate a forum on the level of maturity. So its possible anyone active, resposnsible and caring will fit for the job

Yes, we do need some new mods since no mod or admin seems to go on that much anymore. I am also really tired of this winter theme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~Rachelle
Rookie Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:12 pm

well the admins/mods should at least spend atleast 1 hour improving our environment!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:14 pm

~Rachelle wrote:
well the admins/mods should at least spend atleast 1 hour improving our environment!
I think they try their best, most of them are older teenagers who have lots of tests and homework.

I think we should get some new mods that are mature active users of any age, there are lots of mature users here that are actually pretty young C:
Back to top Go down
Kennedy
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Okay let me correct myself:

Being moderator isn't all about being mature you know. Its showing how much you want the website to be spiff and straight. And even though any mod is childish but loyal and does their job the way they are supposed to, I wont mind being told by a younglin. In conclusion, showing that you're active and come on certain hours shows you are proven to be a really good moderator.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

I think age doesnt matter as long as your mature and take the power responsible. I mean there isn't that many people who are younger than me even thought mods should not be like everytime they post is a person who gets an infraction. The perfect mod should be active, nice, helpful, yet strict at the same time. I hope mace reads this sometime
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.   Today at 8:35 am

Back to top Go down

Inactive moderators, admins, trolling and things.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next