Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Donations Idea

Go down 
+16
Silver
evan
Rufistar
Hallow ween
o
emiko
el
Cefie
Katerina Petrova
Officer Number Two
YEEZUS
Janelle
Snow
Primrose
alex
Mace
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi all,

What are your thoughts about having a "donation" or "subscription" feature here on the forum?

People would basically donate with real money and they would get extra benefits on the forum. What kind of benefits would you all like to see if this happened?

Last edited by Mace on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fantagegeek.com
alex
alex

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Personally I wouldn't buy it if we had it/spend real money of the forum (partially b/c i have no money to spend hah.....) but it's not necessarily a bad idea?? :v
Back to top Go down
Primrose
Ultimate Fantagian
Primrose

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:53 pm

This seems like a good idea! However, it should be handled correctly. Having higher ranks that can only be achieved by paying might make other people's hard work to getting high ranks stupid, and it might also start discrimination or things like in Fantage - Nons vs Mems.

I have thought of this before for one of the forums I made. It would be a good way to make money, but I can't picture many people buying it.
Back to top Go down
http://creativecloud.forummotion.com/
Snow
Legendary Fantagian
Snow

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:56 pm

It seems like a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Janelle
Veteran Fantagian
Janelle

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 pm

That would be cool, but I don't think a lot of users would buy membership, but if they do maybe they can have a colored name? Probably bad idea because they might mistaken them as a moderator
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Right.

It takes money to keep the forum running. Maybe instead of membership stuff, it could be a donator rank? So if people wish to donate money, they could receive the benefits.

I'm just wondering if anyone would purchase.
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Yeah, the money donations seems sort of like a better idea no offense! And the more you donate the better/more benefits you get or something, maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian
Officer Number Two

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Idk, I'm just hoping you don't have take away role-playing :O

This might make people try and hack more, and take away people's accounts. Also, I don't think there are any benefits to add, because a forum's a forum. But I dunno anyone else have any ideas?

Maybe we can just donate, like on tumblr.
Back to top Go down
Janelle
Veteran Fantagian
Janelle

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I think the donations thing is better, and like Homolust said, the more you donate the more benefits you get. I like that idea
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 pm

^Yeah! @Mabel+Cas
Maybe you could get a rank (like the blue one staff have under their names)?
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

Donations Idea Empty

Changed the topic to Donations.

Would anyone donate if we had this?
Back to top Go down
Katerina Petrova
Devoted Fantagian
Katerina Petrova

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 pm

I think most people would get angry (the ones who don't donate) if you take things away so I'm guessing add new things to the forum?

I don't have any thing to think of...
Back to top Go down
Janelle
Veteran Fantagian
Janelle

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:08 pm

I would donate to the forum~ I just have to ask my dad if you're using a paypal thing, I'm not sure if he'll say yes or no
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Ulflette wrote:
I think most people would get angry (the ones who don't donate) if you take things away so I'm guessing add new things to the forum?

I don't have any thing to think of...
Correct, I wouldn't take anything away. Just add a few things.

Mabel wrote:
I would donate to the forum~ I just have to ask my dad if you're using a paypal thing, I'm not sure if he'll say yes or no
Yeah, it'd be through paypal.
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm

I might donate if it's through paypal, though tbh I wouldn't care to have benefits as it would make me feel kind of weird and if I were to donate I'd like to do it quietly without anyone knowing save for the person who the donations go to. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian
Cefie

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:13 pm

i wouldn't mind this, and i'd donate if i could. no paypal, no donations. xD
maybe just extra stuff to put everywhere, like new emotes.
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

I really like this idea! I thinking donating would be a bit better than actually "buying a membership."
Although, I'm not sure how it would go through. Many of the users here (including myself) are 9-13 years old. I don't know how well it'd go through for them to ask their parents to donate to a forum for benefits in return for a forum.

((Wow that was badly worded))

Last edited by Ai0s on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hot diggity dog)
Back to top Go down
Mace
Administrator
Administrator
Mace

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Ai0s wrote:
Although, I'm not sure how it would go through. Many of the users here (including myself) are 9-13 years old. I don't know how well it'd go through for them to ask their parents to donate to a forum for benefits in return for a forum.
Yeah, that is the problem really.
Back to top Go down
emiko
Veteran Fantagian
emiko

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Of course, my mom wouldnt let me donate, but man it would be awesome for idk, 20 bucks for bieng a mod or something idk xD
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Marshy wrote:
Of course, my mom wouldnt let me donate, but man it would be awesome for idk, 20 bucks for bieng a mod or something idk xD
I don't think any amount of money to become a mod would be a good idea, even if it wasn't permanent. Many users could screw up the forum in at least one way, even with just mod powers on the cb.
I personally think that mods should be selected by their maturity, how kind they are, and how much Mace will be able to trust them for them to be a staff member. There's a few other things, too.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:21 pm

i think this would be great for any other forum, but i'm not quite sure how well it would go down here, given most users are 10-13. i, myself, couldn't donate either, sorry. though from above posts, it looks like you might already have a couple donors!
Back to top Go down
Hallow ween
Veteran Fantagian
Hallow ween

Location : RATE THIS LOCATION A 10 OR ELSE... *cracks knuckles*

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Yea I can't donate. My mom wouldn't let me give some forum money
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 pm

I think something like a "Donate to support the forum!" button (without rewards) would be a awesome idea that you should totally add. I mean, many websites have a button like that such as cookie clicker. It's simple: you want to donate, donate, and if you can't just ignore it. People might not donate but it couldn't hurt at all to just add it.

As for the rewards, maybe you could just have that Donator rank or nothing at all. Nothing bigger.
Back to top Go down
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:31 pm

o wrote:
i think this would be great for any other forum, but i'm not quite sure how well it would go down here, given most users are 10-13. i, myself, couldn't donate either, sorry. though from above posts, it looks like you might already have a couple donors!
ye this
I might not be able to donate because my parents are already like "no you cant get anything no" so yeah
I'm sorry i just don't find this idea amazing, i mean its ok, i just dont like that fact that some get more than others.... its sorta... i dont know... but people whos parents or something wont let them or who dont have enough wont be able to get it, and theyll be pretty upset.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:46 pm

I have donated money to other forums before I could totally donate to this forum. My mom is cool with these kind of things. I think it is a awesome idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donations Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donations Idea   Donations Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donations Idea
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next