- Fingerprints are used as reliable identification because each person's fingerprints are unique. But are these unique patterns created randomly or are they influenced by genetics?
- Do colors really impact moods? Conduct an investigation to see if the color blue makes people feel calm, or if the color red leaves them feeling agitated.
- Can different types of music lead to different physiological responses? Measure the heart rates of participants in response to various types of music to see if there is a difference.
- Does stress affect body temperature? Stress stimulates the release of hormones that affect the body in a variety of different ways. (You can also see if it affects heart rate, sweat level, shiver, eye contact, etc.)
- Does temperature affect mental performance? Some types of environments may be better at enhancing mental focus and performance.
- Are dogs colorblind? http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/dogs-colorblind/
.....Those are my favorites. The fingerprint and stress ones won the science fair, so I'd suggest those if you're looking to win. These are all interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, though!
Edit: For my science fair project I did a magnetic levitation train, like the ones they build in Tokyo. It didn't win, obviously, because they said it was more informative than an experiment.