Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Should Christmas be banned or not?

Go down 
+10
Officer Number Two
Colorora
el
flower
Cefie
Rue
saratheberra
Squirtle
Flynn
Takeshi
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:16 pm

ChristmasCookie~ wrote:
Colorora wrote:
Lets not let this turn into a forum war. I'm still recovering from the posting games one

don't you dare talk about that

I don't really thinks its much of a war, but yeah it could get worse.
its not like i was intending to be rude or anything (Neutral
Back to top Go down
Reese
Hero Fantagian
Reese

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:09 pm

we're just discussing, i don't think this is big enough to call a "forum war" ...
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Anna wrote:
@o: sorry if i offended you or anything!  i was only stating that christmas is not religious/important according to the traditional catholic church, since cilan did state she was a catholic.  of course i agreed with cat on the "its as religious as u want" thing, otherwise i wouldve spoke my mind.  i was also saying that, since flower did claim that it was a religious holiday,  i wanted to imply that not eVERYONE celebrates it religiously, nor can pastors/priests/baptists/etc control that holiday.  sorry if that confused you (my wording is terrible), but i meant to say that not everybody sees christmas as some religious holiday.
ah, okay i see! i can understand where you're coming from, since the Catholic church is a big religion and most people would assume they celebrate christmas religiously. does the catholic church teach lessons or sermons about the birh of Christ at christmastime at all, or do they only do that during advent?

haha, i was really worried that this would turn into the next big forum war. so i thank you for being understanding about it! no hard feelings Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 pm

@o: well theyre really active during the last sunday around christmas (gaudete sunday, i think?).  gaudete sunday is on the 11th-17th. but mostly during fridays on december, a new candle is lit every week. when i go to mass, on friday + thursday, it lasts around an hour and they mostly discuss different saints and the lifestyle jesus had. advent is almost like christmas for christians, but its a bit more technical since candles are lit.

that was actually more confusing than i planned it to be. (Neutral but my priest doesn't pair christmas with christ, he just talks about the presents and giving.
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 pm

christmas is all about the celebration of genocide and mass murder actually i heard it at church so obvi it's true!!! jesus also used 2 b a first-rate VAMPIRE HUNTER!!! i also heard that at church, so again it must be true.
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:19 am

anna's banana wrote:
christmas is all about the celebration of genocide and mass murder actually i heard it at church so obvi it's true!!!  jesus also used 2 b a first-rate VAMPIRE HUNTER!!! i also heard that at church, so again it must be true.
this post represents my religious lifestyle
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

Location : Ukraine, K***-ken, K***-shi, ***-ku, ***-chome, 2-3-1

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 9:30 am

Sorry for bumping, you know the forum is on the verge of death >.<
But I think that not.
First of all, let's define what type of Christmas we talk about. The birth of Jesus Christ? Or the rite of guys being suited up as Santa Clauses and bringing stuff to their friends?
Then, if we talk about Jesus birthday, then we want to say it's not exactly known when Jesus was born. Consider that the years we live in are called AD (Anno Domini), which means "after Jesus' birth". This means that Jesus was born 2014 years ago. While this may seem right, then the exact date is not known. While Americans celebrate Christmas at 25 December, which correlates with Saturnalia celebration in Romans, Russians do that at 7 January. Their rites are also very different - for instance it's very similar to trick-n-treating at Halloween: kids dress up and go from house to house, carrying the Bethlehem star on stick, and candles, and singing Christmas carols known as "kolyadki".
And then, if we talk about trees/Santa Claus etc, it's also a very tough, and also rough topic to talk about. Russians decorate trees and get presents on New Year, not Christmas. And they have a character called Ded Moroz (Father Frost), which again is very different from Santa Claus. Ded Moroz, unlike Santa Claus, has longer beard, does not fly on reindeers but rides sleigh with three horses, has smaller sack, does not enter exactly through chimneys (he can teleport and use doors instead), does not wear belt and trousers but a long fur coat, his hat is also a boyar hat than a hat with pompon.
You don't need to be under a particular age to believe in all that spirit. I myself just find it adorable, innocent and serene. During all my life, Santa Claus was a quirk. Before 14-15 I used to strongly adore him, then after I started strongly shunning him. Right now I just think it's rather better to adore, if not believe in, things that are not real but are more good than bad.

Back to top Go down
https://www.paigeeworld.com/u/hikayamasan353
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Christmas be banned or not?   Should Christmas be banned or not? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Christmas be banned or not?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2