Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Why all the hate against recolors?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:00 pm

I mean, I have heard a lot of junk about how recolors aren't art, and how only original works are art, and stuff, but, why? I mean, yes, it is sort of plagiarism, but we aren't saying we made the base, that's my it's called a recolor. As much as I hate fashion, I must admit that designing fashion is art, would you say it isn't just because we didn't invent humans?

According to wikipedia,

<LI>Art is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way to affect the senses or emotions. It encompasses a diverse range of human activities, creations, and modes of expression, including music, literature, film, sculpture, and paintings. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art</LI>

It's hard to do a recolor, so I don't do any of them, but my sis puts the colors in a way that is aesthetcically pleasing, and in a way that makes a statement.

And DONT even get me started on edits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metro99
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 399
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 18
Location : Somewhere in the Universe!

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:07 pm

me to i have heard that but recoloring is for fun and you can do it if your bored or if your internet isnt running
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thefantageblog.wordpress.com/
snake
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1130
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Recoloring is for fun.
It still isn't art, though, you're just changing the colors of somebody else's art.
So it's not TECHNICALLY art.

If you EDIT it, then, yes, it is partially art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linda
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 380
Join date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:18 pm

recoloring isnt art... pixels are... ive see most online art are pixels or made by pixels? well who cares but its not art if you actually colored it youself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5449
Join date : 2010-01-29
Location : Loading...

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:27 pm

It's sort of art if you add a bit more of what you want. If you just pixel/edit something in, it'll work... But I do recolors for fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trash
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1685
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Uh.
''Recoloring isn't art because'', it is just like, putting one color on top of the other, fantage creators can't even pixel well enough, they leave rouch edges and everything, but you guys don't fix that, you just color over it.
And, on the shading part, you don't even shade yourselves! You just color over it.
So, I myself, do not think recoloring is art itself, on the other hand, I do think that coloring over linearts (look it up...) is art, since you actually have to get in with it and shade yourself and be creative, something you can't do with a mini little fantage avatar.
Don't flame me for your own sake.


Last edited by Anaira on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vatt
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 499
Join date : 2010-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Pizza Land

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Anaira wrote:
It's not art.
It's a waste of time.
It's putting colors on top of others.
Wow, you must be pretty skilled to put one color on another!

How about u taking the extra time to erase the first color to but the other color on it... then it would be just putting a color on it

OoOoO~Vatt~OoOoO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trash
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1685
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Vatt wrote:
Anaira wrote:
It's not art.
It's a waste of time.
It's putting colors on top of others.
Wow, you must be pretty skilled to put one color on another!

How about u taking the extra time to erase the first color to but the other color on it... then it would be just putting a color on it

OoOoO~Vatt~OoOoO

Thats how you are supposed to shade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 pm

HelloKittyStar wrote:
Recoloring is for fun.
It still isn't art, though, you're just changing the colors of somebody else's art.
So it's not TECHNICALLY art.

If you EDIT it, then, yes, it is partially art.

I am not saying that you made the designs. I am saying that choosing the colors is art, making sure they don't clash, making it have a statement. I'm not saying that you need skill to make them, I'm saying that they are art.

Also, it is practice for pixeling, in some way. You see how the shading is.

@ Anaira: This discussion has a friendly tone, and it is not tolerated for you to respond so rudely. Not back-seat modding, I'm just tired of these figths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linda
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 380
Join date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Anaira wrote:
It's not art.
It's a waste of time.
It's putting colors on top of others.
Wow, you must be pretty skilled to put one color on another!

oh cmon ary... we all know u probably hate recoloring but let us do it?we like doing it for the fun of it. whats so bad about it its not like we recolor and we consider ourselves artists and were not (well not me of course) but cmon if u have bad things to say dont say it everyone will just end up making problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 18
Location : at the top of your lungs

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:53 pm

linda wrote:
Anaira wrote:
It's not art.
It's a waste of time.
It's putting colors on top of others.
Wow, you must be pretty skilled to put one color on another!

oh cmon ary... we all know u probably hate recoloring but let us do it?we like doing it for the fun of it. whats so bad about it its not like we recolor and we consider ourselves artists and were not (well not me of course) but cmon if u have bad things to say dont say it everyone will just end up making problems
now i have to say i do not completely agree with ary, i love recoloring yet it is not art, but she has the right to express her own opinion, maybe if your going to complain about other posts you shouldnt post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kandi
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Here's my opinion on all of this.

It's a fun activity, but a lot of you are taking the fact that it's not art much too seriously. It's not that big of a deal. It's a Fantage forum- you all are lucky we have a creations forum at all. Is it that bad that people enjoy it? Quit being so upset over it. But it does get annoying, when that's all people do.

The only reason that people started this whole recolor debate is because people started bringing up the fact that they aren't real art. So what? Nobody had a problem beforehand. The only thing about it, is that it overpowers the forum. You don't have to post all of it, but you don't have to boycott it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:41 pm

SjeeshBack wrote:
Here's my opinion on all of this.

It's a fun activity, but a lot of you are taking the fact that it's not art much too seriously. It's not that big of a deal. It's a Fantage forum- you all are lucky we have a creations forum at all. Is it that bad that people enjoy it? Quit being so upset over it. But it does get annoying, when that's all people do.

The only reason that people started this whole recolor debate is because people started bringing up the fact that they aren't real art. So what? Nobody had a problem beforehand. The only thing about it, is that it overpowers the forum. You don't have to post all of it, but you don't have to boycott it.
Yes, good choice of words, Shjeeshie, most people will figth over anything.

When people look at your recolors, that, whether they are art or not, take a humongous amount of time to do, then say: "That's not art," Well, it's an insult. I normally take two houirs to do a recolor, and it frustrates me that some people don't appreciate my hard work.

Also, I'm talking about the COLORS. If you just choose random colors, then no, it's not real art. But if you chose them in a way that looks beautiful and makes a statemnt, then it is definately art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kandi
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Recoloring takes work, just like art does. Is it bad? NO. Yeah, it's annoying how big it is, but guys, it's not that bad. Saying recoloring is a waste of time is an insult to people that work HARD on it. I'm going to be honest, I've seen people work harder on recolors than some of you work on your pixels or dress up games. Where do people get their ability to pixel? Recoloring.

Anaira wrote:
It's not art.
It's a waste of time.
It's putting colors on top of others.
Wow, you must be pretty skilled to put one color on another!

Alright, you do a recolor. You can recolor your whole profile picture, so you're hair is purple, AND shaded. Since it's so easy, you do it pixel by pixel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 pm

SjeeshBack wrote:
Recoloring takes work, just like art does. Is it bad? NO. Yeah, it's annoying how big it is, but guys, it's not that bad. Saying recoloring is a waste of time is an insult to people that work HARD on it. I'm going to be honest, I've seen people work harder on recolors than some of you work on your pixels or dress up games. Where do people get their ability to pixel? Recoloring.

Anaira wrote:
It's not art.
It's a waste of time.
It's putting colors on top of others.
Wow, you must be pretty skilled to put one color on another!

Alright, you do a recolor. You can recolor your whole profile picture, so you're hair is purple, AND shaded. Since it's so easy, you do it pixel by pixel.

Again, this is a friednly conversation. Iappreciate your opinions, but be tactful. The first paragraph was good, but be careful with mindless accusationjs.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Kandi
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 pm

How about we all forget about this? Everyone has a right to their opinion I guess. Say what you want, "I'm saying this because I'm a coward" but at this point...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juliajuljulia
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1516
Join date : 2010-07-08
Age : 22
Location : Mars

PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 pm

ya i agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why all the hate against recolors?   Today at 1:03 am

Back to top Go down
 
Why all the hate against recolors?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you hate me?
» I hate people stabbing me, therefore I just got into a rambo mode
» Do you hate ebay auction sniping?
» I hate everything
» What do u hate most about the tigrex?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: