Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Shay's Death Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarkersAndPencils
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : Not your beeswax

PostSubject: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Okay so you know how there are tons of Fantage blogs?

Opening

No offense but some blogs are spent so much time on and they're not even read. Then, they're deserted like 5 days after the person(s) made them.
The thing that bothers me is how people always advertise their blogs all over the place and no one really clicks. Here are my points in order:

Maxadvertising

A lot of people don't realize how much time is wasted on stuff for advertising, like buttons that say "Go to my blog now!" It's stupid and time could be used doing better things no offense.

Update Blogs

Here's my biggest pet peeve: There's a regular FANTAGE.COM blog for updates! You don't need to make more. They're boring and actually get tiring pretty quickly, why don't you write about other things like contests, art, stuff like that, actually make the blog a little bit bigger than updates. Besides, I never read update blogs...

There's TOO MANY.

You know, all you blog authors should just have a contest with someone and have someone judge like 3 blogs that should stay. I mean, there are TOO MANY BLOGS. And you know it. A lot of them go to waste, or are stupidly exploited to the point everyone's sick of them. Sorry, but maybe you're blog ISN'T THAT INTERESTING. I'm being honest, I'm not going to say your blog is amazing when I don't like it at all. >.> Where does that honestly get you?

Okay, death rant over >.>

This is ALL MY OPINION. I needed to get it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloobu
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1100
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 pm

i dont even read the fantage blog XD but then some people make blogs because they so bored?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
αяу
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 52
Join date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Same for forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kandi
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 852
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm not saying I'm against this; there are a lot of Fantage Blogs, and a lot of people should start making something original (don't call me a hypocrite because I'm pretty much done with blogging), But no one's going to go over this and decide to delete their blog because it's like the ones you're describing....

But you have a pretty good point. A lot of people don't think their blogs through. Although, there are a lot of good blogs out there. People just have to be more original, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarkersAndPencils
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 119
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : Not your beeswax

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 pm

SjeeshBack wrote:
I'm not saying I'm against this; there are a lot of Fantage Blogs, and a lot of people should start making something original (don't call me a hypocrite because I'm pretty much done with blogging), But no one's going to go over this and decide to delete their blog because it's like the ones you're describing....

But you have a pretty good point. A lot of people don't think their blogs through. Although, there are a lot of good blogs out there. People just have to be more original, if you ask me.

That's what I mean, like everyone has update blogs that are all dressed up but they're not really good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lane.
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 158
Join date : 2010-07-07
Location : ☜♥☞

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Honestly the Making a Blog phase is So over now
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XFantage
Disco
Rookie Fantagian


Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Wherever I am, I want to leave.

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:52 pm

I think that the key reason why people make blogs is because they want to be well known on Fantage. I agree with you, you don't need to create a blog for recognition. There are many other ways to help Fantage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camielya
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 118
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 17
Location : You Funny Stalker :)

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Disco wrote:
I think that the key reason why people make blogs is because they want to be well known on Fantage. I agree with you, you don't need to create a blog for recognition. There are many other ways to help Fantage.
i made a blog cuz u no i love blogging. I have a different reason :|
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disco
Rookie Fantagian


Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Wherever I am, I want to leave.

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Camielya wrote:
Disco wrote:
I think that the key reason why people make blogs is because they want to be well known on Fantage. I agree with you, you don't need to create a blog for recognition. There are many other ways to help Fantage.
i made a blog cuz u no i love blogging. I have a different reason Neutral

Okay, then you do not fit on the majority scale. I am just stating the key reason why people blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1530
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 17
Location : unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Some people love blogging, and they can post cheats/glitches too. Those aren't on the Fantage Blog. Razz And, they can post some secret things they find on Fantage, or maybe the Servers/Places where REAL famous Fantagians (don't reply saying pixels cant be famous please. o_o) (like Canada, Sameer, Boogieramon, or Mentholx) hang out or go to often, so people can meet them. There are a bunch of different reasons we need blogs, to find out all the cool stuff xD afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linda
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 380
Join date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:49 pm

well yea.. ppl make fantage blogs.. to say THEIR opinions about fantage... for example i give my opinions for the fantage clothes... and also they do it to make friends... to post their fantage recolors... becasue where else wpuld you be able to post recolors? or something? idk u know?


hehe sorry my sig peeves you off vv just dont click it Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Disco
Rookie Fantagian


Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-08-24
Age : 21
Location : Wherever I am, I want to leave.

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:48 pm

I suppose that there are many reasons to create a Fantage blog. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsul99
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-06-10
Location : Dark Village

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:17 pm

OK, Blue is absouloutly right. But I have rant for myself.

Many blogs have been made with complete unprosessional wording and pointless discussion. I noticed that some people use ''XD'' in their post. And most blogs are filled with recolors and ''recolor contests''. Nobody wants to visit a blog with that, no offense. Some users on here made a few blogs that went to dust. Because people want interesting news, not re-edited pixels.


Here are some blogs that died recently and are kind of umm.. well you know: (don't take offense please )Smile

Fantage Rocks
Bestie Beez Blog
Fantage Contests
Fantage HQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKenna
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 3165
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Sharpsul99 wrote:
Here are some blogs that died recently and are kind of umm.. well you know: (don't take offense please )Smile

Fantage Rocks
Bestie Beez Blog
Fantage Contests
Fantage HQ

I know that the bestie beez blog died, but what do you mean by "are kind of umm... well you know" 'cos i dont know....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snake
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1130
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:31 pm

sharp, you really need to stop with this.
pretty much everything you say makes somebody mad.
be careful.


anyway, good point, waterlillie.
but people sometimes just like to post updates.
idk, that's their choice, not the followers'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pinkk101
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 54
Join date : 2010-02-21
Location : On your computer!

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:58 pm

My FAVORITE ever blog was Fantage Rainbow. Although it's gone now, it will always have been my favorite. Yeah, it was just a regular Fantage blog, but something just made me love it. The blog posters [mainly Dippindots123 and Piepie456] always made funny blog posts, while still saying what's new on Fantage.

Here is one of my pet-peeves:

-Immature typing - HUGE ONE. I agree with Sharp; at least make the blog LOOK like you care. Typing things like this just gets under my skin:

"ya so theres a new thing on fantage n its reely cool n every1 luvs it xDDD"

Ugh! Just ugh.



And I have a few rebuttals.

Just because a lot of people have Fantage Blogs doesn't mean you can't! The amount of people doing a certain thing shouldn't affect you at all. Why not like something just because it's popular? If you're passionate about it, then go for it!

Yes, Fantage.com does have a blog, but some Fantage Blogs are different from it. For example, some have music. Some have chat boxes. (those are the big thing). Some have other updates. Some have contests. Etc.

Yeah. So that was my rant within this rant.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vatt
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 499
Join date : 2010-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Pizza Land

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Yes, I am very Passionate of my blog, I have had it since January 2010... but then i changed the look, and then i changed it again... And now im on my last and finial change and I am going to make is good, and worth my while, For my site wont only have updates, but it will also have Game help, cheats, Youtube movies, fashion show help and more in time... So I dont think all of them are a waste of time, I know not much people go on them, but blogs like Frosty and rainbow were visted alot, people acctually cared about them... People just quit to soon with their blogs, when they see that no ones coming, and they delete it... Now with my blog, no one goes there, but I used it to my advantage to make it better so when someone finially comes, It will be worth it <3

And i make friends, and my friends go to it, and we use my site as a privet chat... Its great, and even though its not popular... Im proud of it... Im proud that I made a Website... All by my self... I dont care if no one comes... its my site, and I made it... Its my creation

Its my world
My Life
My Fantage

OoOoO~Vatt~OoOoO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Vatt wrote:
Yes, I am very Passionate of my blog, I have had it since January 2010... but then i changed the look, and then i changed it again... And now im on my last and finial change and I am going to make is good, and worth my while, For my site wont only have updates, but it will also have Game help, cheats, Youtube movies, fashion show help and more in time... So I dont think all of them are a waste of time, I know not much people go on them, but blogs like Frosty and rainbow were visted alot, people acctually cared about them... People just quit to soon with their blogs, when they see that no ones coming, and they delete it... Now with my blog, no one goes there, but I used it to my advantage to make it better so when someone finially comes, It will be worth it <3

And i make friends, and my friends go to it, and we use my site as a privet chat... Its great, and even though its not popular... Im proud of it... Im proud that I made a Website... All by my self... I dont care if no one comes... its my site, and I made it... Its my creation

Its my world
My Life
My Fantage

OoOoO~Vatt~OoOoO


HECK YES. BEST THING IVE READ ALL DAY.
(throws a bread)
EAT IT MY FRIEND, THAT BREAD WAS NOT PHYSICAL. WOOOOOOOT.
YEAAH. GO VAATTTT.

Anyways, I sorta agree with this, but, I AGREE WITH WHAT VATT SAID. WOOOOOOT.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Sharpsul99
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-06-10
Location : Dark Village

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:50 pm

ichigo kurosaki wrote:
sharp, you really need to stop with this.
pretty much everything you say makes somebody mad.
be careful.


anyway, good point, waterlillie.
but people sometimes just like to post updates.
idk, that's their choice, not the followers'.

Actually the followers do matter, because if the visiters don't visit, there's no point of the blog.

@McKenna- that means it's a little ''eh''...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKenna
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 3165
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Sharpsul99 wrote:
@McKenna- that means it's a little ''eh''...

well thank you very much, sharpsul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sharpsul99
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 755
Join date : 2010-06-10
Location : Dark Village

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:08 pm

McKenna wrote:
Sharpsul99 wrote:
@McKenna- that means it's a little ''eh''...

well thank you very much, sharpsul.

Hey now, before I made that list, I said the list has blogs that are dead OR a litte ''eh..'', i didn't state specifically which ones falled into those categories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKenna
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 3165
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Sharpsul99 wrote:
McKenna wrote:
Sharpsul99 wrote:
@McKenna- that means it's a little ''eh''...

well thank you very much, sharpsul.

Hey now, before I made that list, I said the list has blogs that are dead OR a litte ''eh..'', i didn't state specifically which ones falled into those categories.

wutever, all i know is that me and lyli's blog is epictastical ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyli
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1149
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Peegale 5ever (that mean more than 4eva)

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm

McKenna wrote:
Sharpsul99 wrote:
McKenna wrote:
Sharpsul99 wrote:
@McKenna- that means it's a little ''eh''...

well thank you very much, sharpsul.

Hey now, before I made that list, I said the list has blogs that are dead OR a litte ''eh..'', i didn't state specifically which ones falled into those categories.

wutever, all i know is that me and lyli's blog is epictastical ;D

yesh, it's the most epictastical thing in the world ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McKenna
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 3165
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Beauty26 wrote:
McKenna wrote:
Sharpsul99 wrote:
McKenna wrote:
Sharpsul99 wrote:
@McKenna- that means it's a little ''eh''...

well thank you very much, sharpsul.

Hey now, before I made that list, I said the list has blogs that are dead OR a litte ''eh..'', i didn't state specifically which ones falled into those categories.

wutever, all i know is that me and lyli's blog is epictastical ;D

yesh, it's the most epictastical thing in the world ;D

true dat, really, honestly true ;D

oh and sharp finally went to our blog ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lane.
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 158
Join date : 2010-07-07
Location : ☜♥☞

PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:40 am

Its fine with people making a Blog. But whats annoying is when they Just copy paste the same Post from the Fantage Official blog and put it on their site. Or do the obvious and Blog the news Where you can obviously see at Fantage's Blog. The only reason one should make a Blog. Is to talk about their experience on fantage today..? Or put up cheats and hints and things like that be creative a little..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XFantage
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shay's Death Rant   Today at 11:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
Shay's Death Rant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sat, Feb 20th, For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!
» Is death essential to good story writing?
» Ranting. The angry man's poetry. (My official rant thread.)
» Looking for Cities of Death Building Kits
» Death Korps Commissar

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Fantage :: Fantage Discussion-
Jump to: