Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 We never touch any thing?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake12
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-05-04
Age : 19
Location : JAKE12, OHIO!

PostSubject: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:56 pm

i learned something new, we all learn something new everyday.

we never touch anything.

wanna know why?

because when we come in contact with a different objects atoms, they repel each other like a force field.

then how do we leave finger prints behind on stuff?

because there is a force acting on the nervous system.

what causes this force?

the coulomb repulsion caused by the electrons, mostly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.www.com
Nessy
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 915
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 18
Location : My happy place

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:56 pm

ohhh jake...how u confuse me......

and did you know our eyes turn everything rightside up and on the other side?

for example, if youre sitting on the right side of a room, youre really on the ceiling

and on the left side!

O.O weird eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantageforlife.weebly.com
McKenna
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 3165
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

I dont understand anything either of you both said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burittanie
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 676
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 18
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Tangy76593 wrote:
ohhh jake...how u confuse me......

and did you know our eyes turn everything rightside up and on the other side?

for example, if youre sitting on the right side of a room, youre really on the ceiling

and on the left side!

O.O weird eh?

You mean that we're actually upside down?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiki424
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 936
Join date : 2010-01-26
Location : Some where in a parallel universe

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Yea its confusing but you'll get it, i actually know this stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:53 pm

I actually know this stuff too, and I would kindly like to point out that you're WRONG. Yes, the eyes do see things backwards, but it is the eyes themselves. When the optic signal is sent up to our brain, it fixes it so it is right-side up and analyses the image. It also does a bunch of random stuff which is why optical illusions work. So, no, don't worry serah, we aren't upside down.

@Jake: I am not sure whether that is incorrect, per se, but I highly doubt it. The electromagnetic repulsive force is not strong enough between two electromagnetic atomic fields to repel our fingers and such. Even so, nerval impulses are certainly not enough to cause a fingerprint. Also, explain friction.

I'm not saying you're WRONG like Tangy/Kiki are, but unless you present me information from a believable source, I will remain dubious.

(For those of you who don't get it, I'm not being mean to Tangy/Kiki. The WRONG thing is a joke. Altough they are misinformed.)

EDIT: I just checked wikipedia for Coulomb repulsion, it has nothing to do with the nervous system or fingerprints.


Last edited by Makkine on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burittanie
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 676
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 18
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Makkine wrote:
I actually know this stuff too, and I would kindly like to point out that you're WRONG. Yes, the eyes do see things backwards, but it is the eyes themselves. When the optic signal is sent up to our brain, it fixes it so it is right-side up and analyses the image. It also does a bunch of random stuff which is why optical illusions work. So, no, don't worry serah, we aren't upside down.

@Jake: I am not sure whether that is incorrect, per se, but I highly doubt it. The electromagnetic repulsive force is not strong enough between two electromagnetic atomic fields to repel our fingers and such. Even so, nerval impulses are certainly not enough to cause a fingerprint. Also, explain friction.

I'm not saying you're WRONG like Tangy/Kiki are, but unless you present me information from a believable source, I will remain dubious.

(For those of you who don't get it, I'm not being mean to Tangy/Kiki. The WRONG thing is a joke. Altough they are misinformed.)

Ah ok :3
It would be pretty cool if we we're actually upside down, lool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Serah wrote:

Ah ok :3
It would be pretty cool if we we're actually upside down, lool
We are, or sideways at least. Depends on where you live, really. We would only be right-side up if we were on the north pole. However, gravity comes to the rescue with all or it's awesomeness and makes us stick to the world. Gravity doesn't act downwardly, you see. It simply brings things towards the center.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burittanie
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 676
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 18
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Makkine wrote:
Serah wrote:

Ah ok :3
It would be pretty cool if we we're actually upside down, lool
We are, or sideways at least. Depends on where you live, really. We would only be right-side up if we were on the north pole. However, gravity comes to the rescue with all or it's awesomeness and makes us stick to the world. Gravity doesn't act downwardly, you see. It simply brings things towards the center.

OHHHH I GET IT! :O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1416
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 11
Location : sad town

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 pm

More coolness:

If you were to stand on the equator, just standing not walking. Your actually moving at 1000 miles per hour. :] It decreases as you move closer to the north an' south pole. ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaylorFox00
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 296
Join date : 2010-09-08
Age : 16
Location : Sitting in front of Media Molecule's office until they release Little Big Planet 2.

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 pm

FACT: I am awesome.
LOLJK
FACT: There is a man who skydived faster than the speed of sound. No joke.
FACT: There is a dolphin named Merlin who's trainers use a waterproof IPad to interact with it. It touches a symbol of an item in it's pool, then goes and touches the real life item of what it touched. Scientists are using this method to see what sounds it's making during the process to possibly be able to communicate with dolphins.

Ok, I really have nothing awesomely scientific to say cuz my brain is B L O C K E D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:32 pm

Did you know that the stars you see in then night are actually just the light coming down from the star? Like, say Alpha Centauri or whatever its called (our closest star) is 4 light years away. So, it takes 4 years for the light to show up. So when you look into the sky you're really just seeing the light from the stars in the past. A star could have exploded or something, and you wouldnt even know it until however many light years away it is have passed.
Yeah, I know i suck at explaining. And i bet people already knew that, lol :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burittanie
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 676
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 18
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Lol everyone is posting cool facts so imma post one toooo :3
Did you know that if you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die. o-o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bbydoll
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2010-09-08
Age : 19
Location : Sinnoh

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:45 pm

This is all interesting.
and this post is full of smart people.
I guess I am too then!

Research shows that we humans lost all our body hair through evolution about a million years before somebody finally figured out how to purchase clothes at one of the first primitive Walmarts.

and here is my resource!
http://www.coolsciencefacts.com/

tadaaaa!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.:z3r0:.
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 285
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 21
Location : In ma house.lol.

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:23 am

TaylorFox00 wrote:
FACT: I am awesome.
LOLJK
FACT: There is a man who skydived faster than the speed of sound. No joke.
FACT: There is a dolphin named Merlin who's trainers use a waterproof IPad to interact with it. It touches a symbol of an item in it's pool, then goes and touches the real life item of what it touched. Scientists are using this method to see what sounds it's making during the process to possibly be able to communicate with dolphins.

Ok, I really have nothing awesomely scientific to say cuz my brain is B L O C K E D.
lol wut? xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yahoo7.com.au
S
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1416
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 11
Location : sad town

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Taylor, the fact about the man sky diving is impossible. Just letting you know, light is well how fast light travels. Basically, just go get a flash light, turn it on. Bam the lights on the wall already, thats how fast light travels. So the skydiving is utterly impossible. Sorry, not even rockets go near as fast as that. ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:02 pm

I think she said "Faster than the speed of sound," not light. However, if you went near the speed of light (you can't go excactly/faster than the speed of light because it's like a "speed limit".) you would time-travel. Into the future. No joke, I can bring proof. Altough I guess all of ya'll already knew this, seeing how I already knew your facts.

Here's something awesomely scinetific: Dark matter. Look it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

..Where do you guys even HEAR this stuff? It's so interesting. I love science.
@ Makkin, that's really cool. I didn't know if you went faster than that you would time travel. So if somehow, scientists figured a way to go faster than the speed of light, we'd be time traveling? That is so cool. I always thought you would time travel through like, worm holes or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:36 pm

... I don't really know...

You can't go faster than the speed of light, it's a law of physics or something. However, if you went near the speed of light, pretty much, yeah. And yes, it is possible to time-travel by wormhole. This is because wormholes are a rip on the time-space continuum, which isn't amtter or something, but it's... energy, I guess? No, not energy... Well, the thing is, if you connect two wormholes you can go through one end and come out the other. HOWEVER! Time planes are these awesome things which... Well, you are used to moving through space with time as a medium, right? How about moving through time with space as a medium? (I know, weird. don't try to understand, because I don't. If you do, explain please.) If you connect two different points in time via wormhole, it would be theoretically possible to time travel.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
S
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1416
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 11
Location : sad town

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Oh she said sound, my bad. Thats more possibleeeee. And Luvvy- I remember hearing about the speed of light= time travel. Probably my sister telling me stories from her science classes. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Burittanie
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 676
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 18
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Makkine wrote:
... I don't really know...

You can't go faster than the speed of light, it's a law of physics or something. However, if you went near the speed of light, pretty much, yeah. And yes, it is possible to time-travel by wormhole. This is because wormholes are a rip on the time-space continuum, which isn't amtter or something, but it's... energy, I guess? No, not energy... Well, the thing is, if you connect two wormholes you can go through one end and come out the other. HOWEVER! Time planes are these awesome things which... Well, you are used to moving through space with time as a medium, right? How about moving through time with space as a medium? (I know, weird. don't try to understand, because I don't. If you do, explain please.) If you connect two different points in time via wormhole, it would be theoretically possible to time travel.


WHOA
THAT'S SO COOL 8D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 pm

At Jake: My apologies for accusing you of inacurracy. I just found out that yes, we do never touch anything, but not for the reason you described.

Scinetists are theorizing that atoms are made out of quarks, which are in turn made out of vibrating strings of energy. STRING THEORY! However, string theory is really weird. Like, weirder than quantum physics, where particles spontaneously teleport and time runs backwards. So, you can't really "touch" anything, because everything is, in a micro scale, energy, and it is impossible for energy to touch other things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forever Forgotten
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 428
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 19
Location : Blasting around the universe with Kirby

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:46 am

Cool facts! Ok I am gonna try to elplain string theory today. PS I am sure you all know it but whatever I don't know anything else SOOOO cool.
Some people belive that every single object, no matter how big how small, living or dead or never living, is connected by tiny invisible strings that you can't touch. Because if you move something where you are, an adam (or what is it idk) bursts somewhere else. It could be on the other side of the globe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:05 am

Actually, string theory theorizes that everything is made of tiny vibrating strings, not connected by them. And atoms can't "burst" everytime you move something, or the amount of energy released would kill the universe.

The thing about string theory is that it's the surrealist DADA of physics, because, well, it's very weird. Like I said a million times before. Example: Gravity can travel between dimensions, which is why it's so weak. Example: You can break space-time. Example: the universe has 11 freaking dimensions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaylorFox00
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 296
Join date : 2010-09-08
Age : 16
Location : Sitting in front of Media Molecule's office until they release Little Big Planet 2.

PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:08 am

Lol, I said speed of sound Razz
Yah, speed of light is impossible. (So that means Shadow is faster than Sonic!!!Lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: We never touch any thing?!?!   Today at 11:06 pm

Back to top Go down
 
We never touch any thing?!?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» DONT TOUCH THE ROPE MAGAZINE RELEASE PARTY
» Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing (HOG/FROG/Pop-up)
» That thing in the Baltic sea...
» The Most AMAZING Thing in the whole of human history!!!!
» Sometimes I Think This Thing Just Plain Hates Me...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: