Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Is Harry Potter any good?

Go down 
+17
dana scully
Flynn
kyogree
Nakira
bladerunner22
iluvblue290
Nessy
hilol24
twilight_fan98
Magdaleena
Karen
Makkine
Trash
sahilin
nymphie
ii77ll
Charmed
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charmed
Senior Fantagian
Charmed

Is Harry Potter any good? Empty
PostSubject: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Okay, so i'm look for a new book series and, I was going to consider Harry Potter, since about half my class reads it and they all say its REALLY good. but my friend thinks its suckish. So should I try or not?
Back to top Go down
ii77ll
Regular Fantagian
ii77ll

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:26 pm

DEFINITELY HARRY POTTER ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 pm

HECK YEAH THERE GOOD lol for me at least but it depends on your style like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it then do not try HP than don't try it you won't like it but if you like and intense thrill ride through a magical realm then pick this book up if you don't like it try these

a series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit
Back to top Go down
sahilin
Senior Fantagian
sahilin

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Yes you should Harry Potter is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Trash
Loyal Fantagian
Trash

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm

harrypotter15 wrote:
HECK YEAH THERE GOOD lol for me at least but it depends on your style like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it then do not try HP than don't try it you won't like it but if you like and intense thrill ride through a magical realm then pick this book up if you don't like it try these

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit

You know what, that was really offensive. I hate harry potter with all my guts and i DO NOT like love/drama/teenage girl books.
Learn a lesson or two.

I don't recommend it, I mean unless you want to read a whole wizard bible.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes, it is good. The first 1-3 books are kind of meh, though. Then the 4 book is still overrated. Once you get to the 5 book, specifically the end, you'll be blown away. Read them. They're lengthy, but definately worth it. A word of warning, though: they... Do things to you. Specifically, turn you into a potterfreak. The same way anime/manga turns anyone within a yard into otaku.

@Ari: You're more of a goth reader, right? That's why you don't like HP, though it does touch on some darker themes and the significance of death near the end, the first few books are full of hyperbole. And the idea of you reading hyperbole makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Former Staff
Former Staff
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Read all the books in one summer. I think you should read it :]
Back to top Go down
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian
Magdaleena

Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 am

They are good, I've read all 7 of them. If you want to participate in conversations about Harry Potter(if there are any in your class), you should at least read the books to know what the heck they are talking about.
If you're interested in magic and that kind of stuff, you'll like it even better.

But, Harry Potter books tend to get somewhat long(about 600 pages or so in average). You're warned...

harrypotter15 wrote:
if you don't like it try these

A series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

The Hobbit

Don't forget Animorphs. Wink
Give that series a try, at least. Don't judge them just because I am a huge fan.

harrypotter15 wrote:
...like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it...

Bah, those are booooring. Way too normal-ish, with no potential of becoming a huge bestseller. Unless it has sparkly vampires in it... Well, that's another story.
Back to top Go down
http://magdaneela.deviantart.com
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian
twilight_fan98

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 am

no, harry potters not good.
ITS FREAKING AMAZING!
try lord of the rings, just be sure to read the hobbit first.
mmm oh yeah try carl hiasasens books Hoot, Flush, and Scat if you into a comical book about animals. oh yeah btw breaking dawn is the best twilight,and no its not innap. at all! SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler:
DONT READ THAT IF U INTEND ON READING BREAKING DAWN. okay yeah.

read HP
become on of us potterfreaks.

Last edited by twilight_fan98 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
hilol24
Devoted Fantagian
hilol24

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:14 am

In my opinon, NO
u dont hav to follow my opinions but i no hp sucks
Back to top Go down
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian
twilight_fan98

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:20 am

Hilol24 wrote:
In my opinon, NO
um its okay to say no but you dont have to offend people by saying it sucks. by doing that, your personality sucks. so yeah.
and you dont know squat about hp.
Back to top Go down
hilol24
Devoted Fantagian
hilol24

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:21 am

twilight_fan98 wrote:
Hilol24 wrote:
In my opinon, NO
um its okay to say no but you dont have to offend people by saying it sucks. by doing that, your personality sucks. so yeah.
and you dont know squat about hp.
im willing to see the final movie!
Back to top Go down
Nessy
Passionate Fantagian
Nessy

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 am

To be perfectly honest, i never read the books. only watched the movies. but the movies are great (except 5 which i didnt really get) and my friend says the books are good. if your into the fantasy type stuff then go for it!

Magdaleena wrote:
Bah, those are booooring. Way too normal-ish, with no potential of becoming a huge bestseller. Unless it has sparkly vampires in it... Well, that's another story.
AHHHH!!!! MAGDALEENA!!!!(lol im sorry but i hate twilight! but dont let me influence you toward anything!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantageforlife.weebly.com
iluvblue290
Junior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 pm

harrypotter15 wrote:

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit

well i like diary books there funny but i still like harry potter its about what kind of books you like ,like funny mysterious horror harry potter is kind mysterius it has a bunch of suprises it makes the reader think whats gonna happen next and yes i maybe to young ive read all the percy jacksons i want to read the lost hero dont underestimate me
Back to top Go down
iluvblue290
Junior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 pm

harrypotter15 wrote:

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit
we can see that you like it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bladerunner22
Devoted Fantagian
bladerunner22

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 pm

in my opinion, i dont really like the harry potter series. i still think you should give the books a try though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 pm

@Hilol: If HP sucks, then why see the movie? Or is it just that you like jumping on bandwagons?

@Tangy: I think Mag was putting down Twilight instead of saying she liked it? It's still unclear, though.

@iluvblue: His freaking name is Harrypotter15. There's no need to state the obvious.
Back to top Go down
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian
Magdaleena

Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Tangy76593 wrote:

Magdaleena wrote:
AHHHH!!!! MAGDALEENA!!!!(lol im sorry but i hate twilight! but dont let me influence you toward anything!)

I hate twilight too. Or rather, dislike it. I haven't read the books, so I can't really say yet. But from what I've heard of the plot, it sounds stupid. And my mom wanted me to watch the first Twilight movie with her(she read it out of curiousity, because she was a teacher at high school and there almost all the girls were twilight fans) , so I've seen a part of it and know what it is about.

I meant that it probably became a bestseller because of its socalled "vampires" and forbidden love and all that stuff. I don't like romance at all, it's too... bleh. And boring. Not exactly something for me.

Makkine wrote:

@Tangy: I think Mag was putting down Twilight instead of saying she liked it? It's still unclear, though.

Yes, I was sorta putting it down. Sorry if it confused anybody, lol.

And no offence to the twilight fans around here.

Now, let's keep recommending Harry Potter...
Back to top Go down
http://magdaneela.deviantart.com
Nakira
Dedicated Fantagian
Nakira

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Read it, you'll probably like it. As much as I like fantasy, realistic fiction and fiction that takes place in the future/in a dystopian society will always be my favorite genre. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Nessy
Passionate Fantagian
Nessy

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Magdaleena wrote:

oh sorry i didnt see the italics...lolz! i have bad vision!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantageforlife.weebly.com
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian
twilight_fan98

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Magdaleena wrote:
Tangy76593 wrote:

Magdaleena wrote:

I hate twilight too. Or rather, dislike it. I haven't read the books, so I can't really say yet. But from what I've heard of the plot, it sounds stupid. And my mom wanted me to watch the first Twilight movie with her(she read it out of curiousity, because she was a teacher at high school and there almost all the girls were twilight fans) , so I've seen a part of it and know what it is about.

I meant that it probably became a bestseller because of its socalled "vampires" and forbidden love and all that stuff. I don't like romance at all, it's too... bleh. And boring. Not exactly something for me.

Makkine wrote:

imma sound like a retard saying this, but i agree with you about twilight. its kinda stupid, and the book is better than the movie although the books not all that great. breaking dawn is pretty good.
i was in my twi-hard stage when i joined.
now im a potterfreak, but thats sumwhat besides the point.

Back to top Go down
Charmed
Senior Fantagian
Charmed

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

Okay thank you all, i think i'll give it a shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
kyogree
Junior Fantagian
kyogree

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 pm

YESS!!! Read dem!!! Also, I recommend Warriors too if you're looking for a bigger series. But I like Warriors and Harry Potter equally.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 am

YESYESYESYESYESYESYEYEYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Potter is the best thing ever written!!!!!

The best are the 1st, 3rd, and 5th.

YOU MUST READ THEM.

Hey, rainbow? Isn't this really, intensely bumped from like, last year?

Back to top Go down
dana scully
Veteran Fantagian
dana scully

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:19 am

Love it!!!! Read all the books plus the "the fantastic beasts and where to find them " and "The tales of beedle and the bard" (the two harry potter textbooks) and all the movies! My fav is the order of the phoenix! (movie and book )Smile
Back to top Go down
https://anxiousscully.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Is Harry Potter any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Harry Potter any good?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next