Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Is Harry Potter any good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charmed
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 253
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 19
Location : Home

PostSubject: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Okay, so i'm look for a new book series and, I was going to consider Harry Potter, since about half my class reads it and they all say its REALLY good. but my friend thinks its suckish. So should I try or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ii77ll
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 102
Join date : 2010-06-22
Age : 18
Location : somewhere on earth

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:26 pm

DEFINITELY HARRY POTTER ROX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 769
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 16
Location : Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:31 pm

HECK YEAH THERE GOOD lol for me at least but it depends on your style like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it then do not try HP than don't try it you won't like it but if you like and intense thrill ride through a magical realm then pick this book up if you don't like it try these

a series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sahilin
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-11-01
Location : Good Question.

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Yes you should Harry Potter is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trash
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1685
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm

harrypotter15 wrote:
HECK YEAH THERE GOOD lol for me at least but it depends on your style like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it then do not try HP than don't try it you won't like it but if you like and intense thrill ride through a magical realm then pick this book up if you don't like it try these

a series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit

You know what, that was really offensive. I hate harry potter with all my guts and i DO NOT like love/drama/teenage girl books.
Learn a lesson or two.

I don't recommend it, I mean unless you want to read a whole wizard bible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Yes, it is good. The first 1-3 books are kind of meh, though. Then the 4 book is still overrated. Once you get to the 5 book, specifically the end, you'll be blown away. Read them. They're lengthy, but definately worth it. A word of warning, though: they... Do things to you. Specifically, turn you into a potterfreak. The same way anime/manga turns anyone within a yard into otaku.

@Ari: You're more of a goth reader, right? That's why you don't like HP, though it does touch on some darker themes and the significance of death near the end, the first few books are full of hyperbole. And the idea of you reading hyperbole makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1530
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 17
Location : unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Read all the books in one summer. I think you should read it :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:16 am

They are good, I've read all 7 of them. If you want to participate in conversations about Harry Potter(if there are any in your class), you should at least read the books to know what the heck they are talking about.
If you're interested in magic and that kind of stuff, you'll like it even better.

But, Harry Potter books tend to get somewhat long(about 600 pages or so in average). You're warned...

harrypotter15 wrote:
if you don't like it try these

A series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

The Hobbit

Don't forget Animorphs. Wink
Give that series a try, at least. Don't judge them just because I am a huge fan.

harrypotter15 wrote:
...like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it...

Bah, those are booooring. Way too normal-ish, with no potential of becoming a huge bestseller. Unless it has sparkly vampires in it... Well, that's another story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magdaleen-96.deviantart.com
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 18
Location : at the top of your lungs

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 am

no, harry potters not good.
ITS FREAKING AMAZING!
try lord of the rings, just be sure to read the hobbit first.
mmm oh yeah try carl hiasasens books Hoot, Flush, and Scat if you into a comical book about animals. oh yeah btw breaking dawn is the best twilight,and no its not innap. at all! SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler:
 
DONT READ THAT IF U INTEND ON READING BREAKING DAWN. okay yeah.


read HP
become on of us potterfreaks.


Last edited by twilight_fan98 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedoM 4EVA
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1680
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 19
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:53 am

Great book, give it a try.
Magic is the best thing ever.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hilol24
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 623
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 17
Location : Different Fandoms XD

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:14 am

In my opinon, NO
u dont hav to follow my opinions but i no hp sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 18
Location : at the top of your lungs

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:20 am

Hilol24 wrote:
In my opinon, NO
u dont hav to follow my opinions but i no hp sucks
um its okay to say no but you dont have to offend people by saying it sucks. by doing that, your personality sucks. so yeah.
and you dont know squat about hp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hilol24
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 623
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 17
Location : Different Fandoms XD

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:21 am

twilight_fan98 wrote:
Hilol24 wrote:
In my opinon, NO
u dont hav to follow my opinions but i no hp sucks
um its okay to say no but you dont have to offend people by saying it sucks. by doing that, your personality sucks. so yeah.
and you dont know squat about hp.
im willing to see the final movie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nessy
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 915
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 18
Location : My happy place

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 am

To be perfectly honest, i never read the books. only watched the movies. but the movies are great (except 5 which i didnt really get) and my friend says the books are good. if your into the fantasy type stuff then go for it!

Magdaleena wrote:
Bah, those are booooring. Way too normal-ish, with no potential of becoming a huge bestseller. Unless it has sparkly vampires in it... Well, that's another story.
AHHHH!!!! MAGDALEENA!!!!(lol im sorry but i hate twilight! but dont let me influence you toward anything!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantageforlife.weebly.com
iluvblue290
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-11-21
Age : 17
Location : a mall (getting a manicure with or without you!)

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 pm

harrypotter15 wrote:
HECK YEAH THERE GOOD lol for me at least but it depends on your style like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it then do not try HP than don't try it you won't like it but if you like and intense thrill ride through a magical realm then pick this book up if you don't like it try these

a series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit

well i like diary books there funny but i still like harry potter its about what kind of books you like ,like funny mysterious horror harry potter is kind mysterius it has a bunch of suprises it makes the reader think whats gonna happen next and yes i maybe to young ive read all the percy jacksons i want to read the lost hero dont underestimate me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iluvblue290
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-11-21
Age : 17
Location : a mall (getting a manicure with or without you!)

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:16 pm

harrypotter15 wrote:
HECK YEAH THERE GOOD lol for me at least but it depends on your style like if you like all that dear dumb diary girl life that is about a girl who hates a popular girl and has a more girl comedy to it then do not try HP than don't try it you won't like it but if you like and intense thrill ride through a magical realm then pick this book up if you don't like it try these

a series of unfortunate events

Warriors

Narnia

the hobbit
we can see that you like it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bladerunner22
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 530
Join date : 2010-11-27
Age : 17
Location : Asia

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 pm

in my opinion, i dont really like the harry potter series. i still think you should give the books a try though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:29 pm

@Hilol: If HP sucks, then why see the movie? Or is it just that you like jumping on bandwagons?

@Tangy: I think Mag was putting down Twilight instead of saying she liked it? It's still unclear, though.

@iluvblue: His freaking name is Harrypotter15. There's no need to state the obvious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Tangy76593 wrote:

Magdaleena wrote:
Bah, those are booooring. Way too normal-ish, with no potential of becoming a huge bestseller. Unless it has sparkly vampires in it... Well, that's another story.
AHHHH!!!! MAGDALEENA!!!!(lol im sorry but i hate twilight! but dont let me influence you toward anything!)

I hate twilight too. Or rather, dislike it. I haven't read the books, so I can't really say yet. But from what I've heard of the plot, it sounds stupid. And my mom wanted me to watch the first Twilight movie with her(she read it out of curiousity, because she was a teacher at high school and there almost all the girls were twilight fans) , so I've seen a part of it and know what it is about.

I meant that it probably became a bestseller because of its socalled "vampires" and forbidden love and all that stuff. I don't like romance at all, it's too... bleh. And boring. Not exactly something for me.

Makkine wrote:

@Tangy: I think Mag was putting down Twilight instead of saying she liked it? It's still unclear, though.

Yes, I was sorta putting it down. Sorry if it confused anybody, lol.

And no offence to the twilight fans around here.

Now, let's keep recommending Harry Potter...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magdaleen-96.deviantart.com
Nakira
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-07-12
Age : 20
Location : the groan zone

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Read it, you'll probably like it. As much as I like fantasy, realistic fiction and fiction that takes place in the future/in a dystopian society will always be my favorite genre. ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nessy
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 915
Join date : 2010-08-26
Age : 18
Location : My happy place

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Magdaleena wrote:

Yes, I was sorta putting it down. Sorry if it confused anybody, lol.

And no offence to the twilight fans around here.

Now, let's keep recommending Harry Potter...

oh sorry i didnt see the italics...lolz! i have bad vision!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fantageforlife.weebly.com
twilight_fan98
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 18
Location : at the top of your lungs

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Magdaleena wrote:
Tangy76593 wrote:

Magdaleena wrote:
Bah, those are booooring. Way too normal-ish, with no potential of becoming a huge bestseller. Unless it has sparkly vampires in it... Well, that's another story.
AHHHH!!!! MAGDALEENA!!!!(lol im sorry but i hate twilight! but dont let me influence you toward anything!)

I hate twilight too. Or rather, dislike it. I haven't read the books, so I can't really say yet. But from what I've heard of the plot, it sounds stupid. And my mom wanted me to watch the first Twilight movie with her(she read it out of curiousity, because she was a teacher at high school and there almost all the girls were twilight fans) , so I've seen a part of it and know what it is about.

I meant that it probably became a bestseller because of its socalled "vampires" and forbidden love and all that stuff. I don't like romance at all, it's too... bleh. And boring. Not exactly something for me.

Makkine wrote:

@Tangy: I think Mag was putting down Twilight instead of saying she liked it? It's still unclear, though.

Yes, I was sorta putting it down. Sorry if it confused anybody, lol.

And no offence to the twilight fans around here.

Now, let's keep recommending Harry Potter...
imma sound like a retard saying this, but i agree with you about twilight. its kinda stupid, and the book is better than the movie although the books not all that great. breaking dawn is pretty good.
i was in my twi-hard stage when i joined.
now im a potterfreak, but thats sumwhat besides the point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charmed
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 253
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 19
Location : Home

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

Okay thank you all, i think i'll give it a shot. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kyogree
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-02-11
Location : I really don't even know.

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 pm

YESS!!! Read dem!!! Also, I recommend Warriors too if you're looking for a bigger series. But I like Warriors and Harry Potter equally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 am

YESYESYESYESYESYESYEYEYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Harry Potter is the best thing ever written!!!!!

The best are the 1st, 3rd, and 5th.


YOU MUST READ THEM.

Hey, rainbow? Isn't this really, intensely bumped from like, last year?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is Harry Potter any good?   Today at 12:48 am

Back to top Go down
 
Is Harry Potter any good?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead*
» Request: Any MOC collectors who collect Harry Potter figures?
» HARRY POTTER FANART
» The Harry Potter Fan Club
» Harry needs to tickle (A request for footmaster)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Entertainment-
Jump to: