Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

I need help in knowing what to read next.

Go down 
+7
Magdaleena
Abbey
Bloobu
Oliver
nymphie
Lyli
Makkine
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Makkine
Makkine

I need help in knowing what to read next. Empty
PostSubject: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:39 pm

What book to read, and what manga to read. And what to write, of course, but for right now my priority is Manteío even though I have like, three other projects that are KILLING MY BRAIN WITH KNIVES AJFALKHFLAJH.

So, for the book part, I am completely lost. Seriously. Lost. (And no, I'm not gonna read Lost and Philosophy that was hilarious thankyouverymuch) I am currently reading the Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov and it is epic win. However, I wouldn't recommend it if you hate politics, because 95% of what happens in it is politics. There's basically no action. (Even though that mayor guy was the best). But seriously, the only choices that come to mind right now are: The Vampire Diaries, Cirque Du Freak, and this weird essay by an university proffessor called Anime; from Akira to Howl's Mocing Castle. AND DON'T MAKE ME READ PREPPY HORROR/CIRQUE DU FREAK HORROR AND WEEABOO ESSAYS BY UNIVERSITY PROFESSORS GUYS.

I would like something surreal, or perhaps dystopic. I wouldn't like to read a classic, or anything with too much love in it. I would also love something Fantasy/Sci-fi.

For manga, the above applies but in otaku-speak it would be: something shounen/seinen and perhaps cyberpunk that isn't hentai or ecchi. I was thinking Akira or Cowboy Bebop, but I have nearly no idea what they are about. Also, don't recommend Inuyasha, Naruto, Bleach, or any of the works below (some because I have already read them, for some the premise doesn't attract me):

-Axis Powers Hetalia (I'm re-reading it)
-Ouran High School Host Club (watching it)
-Toto! (Because what is this I don't even)
-Death Note (read most of it)
-Fullmetal Alchemist (BEST MANGA EVER. Too bad I've already read it)
-Azumanga Daioh (watched)
-Yotsubato (read)
-Onegai Teacher (google it.)
-Midori no Hibi (Why does my hand have breasts on it?! NO)
-XXXHolic (read it)
-Hatsune Mix (Some who know my music preferences might recommend this, but nah)
-Or any anime that has later been adapted into manga. I prefer watching the original.
Back to top Go down
Lyli
Dedicated Fantagian
Lyli

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:58 pm

I was going to be all like, "read the hunger games!!!!!111" but then I realized
You read it already...why not read it again? ;D
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't like re-reading things, sooo. I'm re-reading Hetalia because I was using a stupid site with an uncomplete archive, but books that I love forever aren't what I want to re-read.
Back to top Go down
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian
nymphie

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 pm

try the following.................

the kite runner
the diary of anner frank
the little princess (SHUT UP ITS NOT GIRLY!)
to kill a mockingbird
lord of the rings series
the secret garden

Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:17 pm

SCOTT PILGRIM

and also
read Charlie and Lola
and Jazzi in the JUNGELLLL

but the best book of all is..
TWILIGHT!1!1!1!1!1!11
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:22 pm

I wrote:
I wouldn't like to read a classic.
Please, could you read the ENTIRE post before saying anything? And please don't get all angry with me for saying this, but classics feel impersonal to me. The standards for writing and society were so different back then, and usually I can swallow that and pretend to be reading Historical Fiction, but on occasion there's this little glitch, this word that has a different meaning now, a little idiosyncracy in their society, that reminds me that I'm reading. IT breaks the suspension of disbelief for me.

@Time: FINE I'LL READ SCOTT PILGRIM AHFALHFLDKH.
Back to top Go down
Bloobu
Dedicated Fantagian
Bloobu

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 am

CIRQUE DU FREAK IS THE BEST :3 Even though it gets a bit sad in some parts

Anyways, The Wee Free Men is good if you like witches and fantasy. Fruits Basket? XD Happy reading Wink
Back to top Go down
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm

I HAVE THE BEST BOOK FOR YOU
AND YOU WOULD LOVE IT

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
Then, get pretties.
Then specials.

It's about a girl when in her world when you turn 16 you have an operation to make you pretty but she doesnt want it because of these lesions, and she..im not gonna spoil it. But its sci fi. It sounds like some book about looks but I promise it isnt. JUST READ ITTT XDD Especially specials. [third book in series]
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Abbey wrote:
I HAVE THE BEST BOOK FOR YOU
AND YOU WOULD LOVE IT

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
Then, get pretties.
Then specials.

It's about a girl when in her world when you turn 16 you have an operation to make you pretty but she doesnt want it because of these lesions, and she..im not gonna spoil it. But its sci fi. It sounds like some book about looks but I promise it isnt. JUST READ ITTT XDD Especially specials. [third book in series]

She already read it
hurhurhurhur
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian
Magdaleena

Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Makkine wrote:

I would like something surreal, or perhaps dystopic. I wouldn't like to read a classic, or anything with too much love in it. I would also love something Fantasy/Sci-fi.

When I read that, I was about to recommend Animorphs, but then I remembered that you already had read it years ago and didn't like to re-read things. And it was supposed to be for middle-schoolers. (Yet, some young adults still love reading them. Might be the dark undertones in the story...) But still, why not? Smile

I also dislike books which are mainly concentrating about LOOOOVE, so we're like-minded about that part. Bleh. And books about completely ordinary stuff, how boring. It's more fun to read about things that are out of the ordinary. Right?
Back to top Go down
http://magdaneela.deviantart.com
Lyli
Dedicated Fantagian
Lyli

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Or Pretty Little Liars? YES. I suggested this already, but you should read it (A lot of mystery...)
Back to top Go down
Bluerivers
Regular Fantagian
Bluerivers

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:04 pm

anything but twilight
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

If you like quick action medieval books then i recommend The Adventures of Alfred Kropp(its a little gory sometimes though but I believe to to be better than Harry Potter cause it has a lot more action)

Jurassic Park was pretty good wayyyy better than the movie(makes the movie look like a joke)

errr can't reall think of anything else at the moment

prbly will msg again after this

oh and bluerivers u r completley right
Back to top Go down
Forever Forgotten
Senior Fantagian
Forever Forgotten

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 pm

I like anime and manga but never seem to find any on Tv or a book about it. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:44 pm

@Free: I've read Three Cups of Tea, and it was a good book though a bit... Preachy? Holier-than-thou? Guilty-ing because I've never been a charitable person?. I'll check out the other two, however!

@Bloo: Wee Free Men? Never heard of it. I'll google it, though. AND NO NOT FRUITS BASKET. *Adds to manga list*. I mean, I don't wanna offend anyone, but Fruits Basket was WAYWAYWAY too shoujo for me. Like, so shoujo my stomach hurt. Literally.

@Abbey: OMG UGLIES SERIES LOVELOVE. IT WAS SO GOOD AND AWESOME AND.

@Maggie: Yeah. What's the point of escapism if you're just escaping into another life that's exactly like yours?

@Lyls: Isn't it really preppy, though? I'll read it, for sure, I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into.

@Blue: NEVER TWILIGHT. EVER. WHY WOULD I EVEN ATTEMPT TO RE-READ THAT CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY? *Runs around*

@Relora: Ok, will google later!

@Agdollfan: That... Doesn't make any sense at all.

BOOK LIST:
-Summer of the Bees
-Zlata's diary
-Wee Free Men
-Pretty Little Liars
-Anything Other than Twilight
-Adventures of Alfred Kropp
-Jurassic Park?

MANGA LIST:
-None.

So, FF is more literature geek than manga geek, apparently? Anyway, looking forward to all these awesome books!
Back to top Go down
case1998
Senior Fantagian
case1998

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Oh Oh!!!!! My friend gave me this Manga book to read! Its really weird, but good. Shugo Chara is the name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help in knowing what to read next.   I need help in knowing what to read next. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help in knowing what to read next.
Page 1 of 1