Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 rant on snobs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 769
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 16
Location : Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

PostSubject: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:27 pm

These are the kind of people who are mega-millionaires who brag about there summer home in Hawaii 90% of the time.Honestly this is highly annoying and mean.Let me show you an example

Person A:I went to a 5 star resort on spring break and spent thousands of dollars on nice precious Jewels.I ate lobster everyday for a week and my maid made me the most lovely cake.

Person B:Umm I went camping on a mountain!

Person A:Aren't you the poor one?

Person B:Well,my parents can't afford a five star star resort for a week.But we aren't poor

Person A:Whatever poor girl *Puts on north-face Jacket and rides on a pony while sipping tea*

See what I mean?Its just really annoying and this is a conversation I had.


How to ignore this behavior-If someone does this just leave.It makes them feel insulted that somebody isn't listening to them.Not only that but maybe they will wake up and smell the Caviear.


If you have this behavior...........

People often get annoyed by your recent trip or mansion.

You tell people they're poor and such

You wear the nicest Jewlery, clothes, and shoes



If you have friends that do this please inform them this.If they are to arrogant minded to listen then don't hang out with them maybe they'll shut up.If your parents have these sort of friends then don't go near them or tell your parents there friends are Jerky losers.If you find people saying this to you then try your best to try and fix it.

How do I fix it-If somebody asks you about certain things don't speak for eight hours about it.Say just nice things about it and move on.Assuming your rich donate money to charity or buy a ticket and go to 3rd world countries to help.Don't dress like the best person ever dress normal and maybe wear nice clothes


Thanks for the time bye!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 pm

This is really biased against rich people. Seriously. And I doubt you had a conversation where the other person rode on a pony while sipping tea and outright called you 'the poor one'.

It's a nice strawman argument, but not very subtle.

And rich people have every right to dress however they want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nymphie
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 769
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 16
Location : Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:52 pm

First off I assume anyone who reads this knows full and well that She did not ride on a pony.

Second I never said this is all rich people at all.I'm referring to snobs.

I'm talking about extravagant jewels,Glorious dresses,and tuxes.That you wear to make people jealous.

Thanks


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Then why did you include that? It's just more exaggeration that has no reason other than ridicule the opposing party and therefore worsen the strawman.

It was implied. Well, not so much implied as thrown in our faces without ever outright saying it.

...Does anyone actually wear that every day? I have never seen people use that kind of attire in day-to-day life.

We also don't need a rant on snobs. I'm trying to make you a better arguer in the best way I know how (insults and unnecessary rudeness. When did I turn into this kind of person?), but everyone hates snobs. Even snobs hate other snobs. we don't need a rant on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1416
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 11
Location : sad town

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 pm

I don't wear my "extravagant jewels,Glorious dresses" To make others jealous, I wear them because I like them, and frankly wearing a designer necklace makes me feel good. :\
Its also a status of wealth...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiki424
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 936
Join date : 2010-01-26
Location : Some where in a parallel universe

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Not every rich person is like that.....I actually know like 2 or 3 friends that r rlly close to me and r rlly rlly good friends and there like super rich-but there not snobs, they dont brag. I mean there perfectly normal expect there more rich that me lol But I do wear pretty dresses and jewels-but not to make other ppl jealous (or atleast i dont attend to) but its just cuz i like that kind of stuff-that doesnt mean that im a spoiled brat or anything. It just means that i like that kind of style. Not every rich person is a snob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5449
Join date : 2010-01-29
Location : Loading...

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I must agree with Kiki. Not all rich people are snobs. But with all those jewels, considers you wealthy, which considers you rich. Some people have those, but not all are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:04 pm

kiki424 wrote:
Not every rich person is like that.....I actually know like 2 or 3 friends that r rlly close to me and r rlly rlly good friends and there like super rich-but there not snobs, they dont brag. I mean there perfectly normal expect there more rich that me lol But I do wear pretty dresses and jewels-but not to make other ppl jealous (or atleast i dont attend to) but its just cuz i like that kind of stuff-that doesnt mean that im a spoiled brat or anything. It just means that i like that kind of style. Not every rich person is a snob

I go to a private school. I'm pretty sure you've called people who go private schools snobs.
-------
Poor and normal people are snobs too. :KD

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
kiki424
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 936
Join date : 2010-01-26
Location : Some where in a parallel universe

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Quote :
I go to a private school. I'm pretty sure you've called people who go private schools snobs.
-------
Poor and normal people are snobs too. :KD

Ahh that is true, but no-I actually may seem like the person to call people who go to private schools, snobs. But really I dont-it is wrong to judge someone by not even knowing it. (And thats even in the Bible)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedoM 4EVA
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1680
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 19
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 am

Not every rich person is a snob, for your kind information.
Anyone can wear designer's things, even normal people. I know people who are middle class and wear really good things. Why? Because they love themselves and they wear it to make themselves feel good. They save money for it, as every good thing deserves some sweat.

I'm so sure no any rich person will wear all those wonderful stuffs all the time. You probably saw those people during their "good-looking time", and made up a story of it.

When people speak about what they did during a vacation, it does not mean they are bragging about something, even if they went to a 7* hotel. They may be so excited about it and wanted to share it with someone with no intention of "bragginess".

@Kiki- I never knew people who go to private schools are snobs...

Nymphie, clear your mind of all those weird thinking's. You never know what those thinking's may put you in.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kensharma
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 63
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 20
Location : Behind you, duh...

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:05 am

I find this topic extremely unnessasary, for numerous reasons.

One, its insulting a general group of rich people, by assumption.

Two, passing it along on a Fantage Forum Community, is not the best way to get your point across in most cases.

And Three, if people could but this behind them instant of feeding the fire, people like this would NOT exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5449
Join date : 2010-01-29
Location : Loading...

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Kensharma wrote:
I find this topic extremely unnessasary, for numerous reasons.

One, its insulting a general group of rich people, by assumption.

Two, passing it along on a Fantage Forum Community, is not the best way to get your point across in most cases.

And Three, if people could but this behind them instant of feeding the fire, people like this would NOT exist.

Aww... You're too smart...

Wanting to answer the post above somewhere about calling people who go to private school snobs... I go to one, but I'm not called the snob or slut or any of that sort, private schools are quite expensive, but parents want them to receive a higher learning expectation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mustard
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 280
Join date : 2011-01-30

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:42 pm

This is so weird
85% of people I know go to private schools[including me] and WE call public school kids snobs. Wow.

Anyways
You're american
Your have parents
You're rich enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kensharma
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 63
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 20
Location : Behind you, duh...

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I wouldn't say either is better then the other IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5449
Join date : 2010-01-29
Location : Loading...

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Kensharma wrote:
I wouldn't say either is better then the other IMO.

IMO? Depends on the person, despite how they act towards you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Well, here in Hispanic countries, most middle-class (and even some lower-class!) children go to private schools, so this is a rather weird conversation. XD

@Ari: Uhm, I have no idea who you're dedicating that last paragraph-thing to, considering HPF's parents aren't particularly rich and there are a bunch of poor Americans. Yes, it's a rich country with very high standards of living, but the poorer minority shouldn't be ignored completely, now.

@HPF: Think twice before posting something like this next time, all right? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedoM 4EVA
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1680
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 19
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:27 am

@Makkine- I'm so sure that she didn't expect all this attack against her opinion of this thing...

And Kiki, I asked you the question because I was doubted (about private schools...). Because in my country, only the locals of the country can go to public schools. So all the other residents should go to private schools. Be them poor, middle classed, rich or very rich. So yeah...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiki424
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 936
Join date : 2010-01-26
Location : Some where in a parallel universe

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Quote :
And Kiki, I asked you the question because I was doubted (about private schools...). Because in my country, only the locals of the country can go to public schools. So all the other residents should go to private schools. Be them poor, middle classed, rich or very rich. So yeah...

Well ppl do go to both public and private school. (even some higher-class ppl go to public schools) but for ppl who r in private it just means that their parents want them to have a better/greater education than those that r offered in public schools. That doesnt mean that public schools r bad, it just means that it doesnt have that high of an education (even if its a high rating/most preferable/A school.) So yea....(not sure if i helped u make it clear.....)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oliver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 4587
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 16
Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

kiki424 wrote:
Quote :
And Kiki, I asked you the question because I was doubted (about private schools...). Because in my country, only the locals of the country can go to public schools. So all the other residents should go to private schools. Be them poor, middle classed, rich or very rich. So yeah...

Well ppl do go to both public and private school. (even some higher-class ppl go to public schools) but for ppl who r in private it just means that their parents want them to have a better/greater education than those that r offered in public schools. That doesnt mean that public schools r bad, it just means that it doesnt have that high of an education (even if its a high rating/most preferable/A school.) So yea....(not sure if i helped u make it clear.....)

But once in the chat box you mentioned something about them being snobs. Sakura was in the chat.

_________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Charmed
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 253
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 19
Location : Home

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:34 pm

kiki424 wrote:
Not every rich person is like that.....I actually know like 2 or 3 friends that r rlly close to me and r rlly rlly good friends and there like super rich-but there not snobs, they dont brag. I mean there perfectly normal expect there more rich that me lol But I do wear pretty dresses and jewels-but not to make other ppl jealous (or atleast i dont attend to) but its just cuz i like that kind of stuff-that doesnt mean that im a spoiled brat or anything. It just means that i like that kind of style. Not every rich person is a snob

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5449
Join date : 2010-01-29
Location : Loading...

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

kiki424 wrote:
Quote :
And Kiki, I asked you the question because I was doubted (about private schools...). Because in my country, only the locals of the country can go to public schools. So all the other residents should go to private schools. Be them poor, middle classed, rich or very rich. So yeah...

Well ppl do go to both public and private school. (even some higher-class ppl go to public schools) but for ppl who r in private it just means that their parents want them to have a better/greater education than those that r offered in public schools. That doesnt mean that public schools r bad, it just means that it doesnt have that high of an education (even if its a high rating/most preferable/A school.) So yea....(not sure if i helped u make it clear.....)

Exactly what I said. Although all the people younger than me I know are more smarter than me, due to the fact I go to a cheaped out private school, but I recieve decent education, that's why I'm going to a more higher paid one, BUT, I'm not rich, nor am I poor, but I can afford schoollike needs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreedoM 4EVA
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1680
Join date : 2010-06-18
Age : 19
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 am

@Kiki- I understood your point. But after all, no one goes to school to show off, as the best studies is the best thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: rant on snobs   Today at 6:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
rant on snobs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ranting. The angry man's poetry. (My official rant thread.)
» The Unofficial RANT thread!!!!!!
» Totally fed up with Microsoft[Rant]
» Furious! *Warning: Major rant ahead!*
» Why so much hate? ( Kelbi Bow )

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: