Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?

Go down 
+18
Alskgirl
iluvblue290
Rock N Roll
Pommu-pon
angel22201
Jamie
Blackrose
S
v
Liz
Nakira
Relora
Janelle
♥cherry♥
MsJoyMaeda
Oliver
ii77ll
Makkine
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Makkine
Makkine

Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Empty
PostSubject: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Chinese referring to Mandarin, not Cantonese. Of course. XD

Anyway, I finally decided that Korean really isn't working for me. I think I can survive with my limited vocabulary and three-year-old grammar. However, my Dad was looking up language classes in my area, and found only French, German, and Mandarin Chinese. A friend was also looking online and found this neat little Russian learning website that is absolutely AMAZING and in-depth. And also free hurrhurr.

So, now I ask, which language would be the best to learn? AndI'mnotlearningFrench.

Last edited by Makkine on Sat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ii77ll
Regular Fantagian
ii77ll

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:32 pm

german!
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:40 pm

german
cuz
osu
and also
its cool
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
MsJoyMaeda
Hero Fantagian
MsJoyMaeda

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:45 pm

GERMAN! GERMAN! GERMAN! (sorry about the caps)
Back to top Go down
♥cherry♥
Senior Fantagian
♥cherry♥

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Russian lolz or German. You can do whatever you want cuz its your choice!
Back to top Go down
Janelle
Veteran Fantagian
Janelle

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Pick German! Well if you don't agree then it's your choice! flower
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:06 pm

German or Russian
Back to top Go down
Nakira
Dedicated Fantagian
Nakira

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Russian, 'cause it sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Liz
New Fantagian
Liz

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:58 pm

German!
Back to top Go down
v

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:27 pm

RUSSIANNNNNN. 8D
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:30 pm

The general consensus seems to be German, with a few people (sissy, Relora, Nakira, Rattie, Abbey, Hitsu-ssi) suggesting Russian. Since German is so easy for a native English speaker, I might try both. It won't be economically taxing, either, since the Russian classes are free. I already started them, actually, and it's not as hard as I though. A pain to memorise, though.

I'll tell my Dad to sign me up for the classes! 8D
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:56 pm

Makkine wrote:
The general consensus seems to be German, with a few people (sissy, Relora, Nakira, Rattie, Abbey, Hitsu-ssi) suggesting Russian. Since German is so easy for a native English speaker, I might try both. It won't be economically taxing, either, since the Russian classes are free. I already started them, actually, and it's not as hard as I though. A pain to memorise, though.

I'll tell my Dad to sign me up for the classes! 8D
osu is MINE
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
S
Dedicated Fantagian
S

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Russian, so you can communicate and buy me good Vodka.

: D
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:07 pm

@Byakku: Did you know that if you went to Russia and asked for Vodka, they would just give it to you straight? Nj.
Back to top Go down
S
Dedicated Fantagian
S

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Makkine wrote:
@Byakku: Did you know that if you went to Russia and asked for Vodka, they would just give it to you straight? Nj.

Hohohoho. : D
Back to top Go down
Blackrose
Hero Fantagian
Blackrose

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:35 pm

pick wat ever u want.... it's ur choice!!
Back to top Go down
♥cherry♥
Senior Fantagian
♥cherry♥

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:21 pm

russian maybe ur choice
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Junior Fantagian
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:45 pm

How about chinese? It's really nice..it will take time..but what the heck. At least you learn a new language. People who live in china and mainly know chinese, but then adventually learn SOME english. So you could do it the other way ^^.
Back to top Go down
angel22201
New Fantagian
angel22201

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:14 pm

S wrote:
Makkine wrote:

Hohohoho. : D
are you actually 6? Its fine if you are. Hohoho LOL Vodka straight out of the bottle i would like to see what would happen there. LOL
Back to top Go down
angel22201
New Fantagian
angel22201

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:15 pm

ITALIAN! I KNOW ITS NOT ONE OF THEM! err sorry about the caps or Russian.
Back to top Go down
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian
Pommu-pon

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm

I'd say learn whichever is easy for you to pronounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Guys, I know it's my choice. I'm just looking for suggestions, and I would appreciate it if you actually helped instead of telling me that it's my choice. I guess I like it that you took the time to write out a response, but would you mind being more constructive?

@Free: the thing is, I really can't pronounce French. Trust me, I've tried, and I sound like "eeoiuhfdjañ" backwards. xD. Also, I bet Russian grammar is harder than French. Seriously, Russian grammar is harder than the little Japanese I know.
About Arabic ... That was also a choice, but I couldn't find a good enough online recourse and there are no language schools in my area that teach it. It's also hard to pronounce, but not impossible.

@Jamie: Chinese ... Is hard. However, I'd really like to take classes with my friend and she chose Chinese, so maybe. I'm also not one to back down from a challenge, 'specially not a linguistic one! >D

@Angel: Ehehheh, three days learning and I already know how to ask for Vodka. It was one of the first things they taught you, ohohohon.
About Italian, it's wayy too similar to Spanish. When I went to Italy, I could navigate myself without speaking a word of it! Being Mexican-born and living in Mexico, I'd like more of a challenge.

@Mitsuki: Well, then, with the German ei ö sch things, the Russian weird giant words, and the Chinese TONAL SYSTEM, I really can't say which would be the hardest/easiest to pronounce.
... I still can't say "Здравствуйте" well, though.
Back to top Go down
Rock N Roll
Junior Fantagian
Rock N Roll

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:01 pm

french... i think its easier... wee wee? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Rock N Roll wrote:
french... i think its easier... wee wee? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Never say that about French. EVER.
Back to top Go down
iluvblue290
Junior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:36 am

Speak Chinese Its Sounds Weird tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?   Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I learn Russian, Chinese, or German?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next