Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Please help. Thanks

Go down 
+4
Blue
Fantasygirl
alex
Relora
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Relora
Hero Fantagian

Please help. Thanks Empty
PostSubject: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:40 pm

There are many writers and many artists on this forum as anyone can see so that would be why I would ask for your help.
You see I have writers block. For writing I have had it for the last 2-3 years,drawing past year and soloing(a jazz band thing) since august 2010. Seeing that many of you write, I assume you all have had writers block as well. All I wish to ask if anyone has a way to get rid of it. It is literally tearing me to pieces. I haven't been able to make these amazing stories in forever. I can't even feel the life in the solos I play. I really wish for some help or maybe a reason why I have it. Either way I appreciate you taking your time on reading this post thank you.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 pm

We all have it. For me, I just make a whole new fantasy story to erase memories of my writers block. After I'vehad my dream story, I remember the other one I must finish. Then it gets me pumped to do some serious writing (:<
Back to top Go down
Fantasygirl
Senior Fantagian
Fantasygirl

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 am

I take a bath. XD Not a shower, a bath. It works too.
Back to top Go down
http://coolstorybro.forumotion.com
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 am

Relora wrote:
There are many writers and many artists on this forum as anyone can see so that would be why I would ask for your help.
You see I have writers block. For writing I have had it for the last 2-3 years,drawing past year and soloing(a jazz band thing) since august 2010. Seeing that many of you write, I assume you all have had writers block as well. All I wish to ask if anyone has a way to get rid of it. It is literally tearing me to pieces. I haven't been able to make these amazing stories in forever. I can't even feel the life in the solos I play. I really wish for some help or maybe a reason why I have it. Either way I appreciate you taking your time on reading this post thank you.
I am really glad to help you. If you want to write a good story, you must read good books that inspire you and increase your vocabulary, knowledge, etc. Then, you must create your own ideas, characters, you can even take some paras form the books you read, then mix them up and make a nice, strong story soup. So when you get big you will read your stroy someday, and you will feel so happy you had the knowledge and ideas to write.
As for drawing, go for a drawing class. Feel the drawing crawl into your brain. Once, you've memorized the picture, start from the easiest part you can find. Then you keep going, going, going, and you will find that your picture is actually improving by the moment!After this erase the mistake you find and then readraw them. Outline the picture, then color, shade, sketch or do whatever you want with it. Finally hang it up on your wall/cupboard or out it in a photo frame, and you will cretainly feel pleasure come upon you. [ Remember that while drawing you should first draw a rough sketch, then rub mistakes, and draw very lightly and once you feel its good draken it.]
And solo... my oh my I don't know anything about music at all!
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks you guys I'm going to try most of the things you've said. Thank you very much ^^
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey, if you've been having it for 1-2 years, none of this will help. They might sound as though they will, but if you've had it for so long? Trust me, the only thing you can do is wait for it to pass and/or force yourself to write.

First, identify the type of block. I typically have one where I have ideas, but my skills have disappeared and I can find no ways to express what I want to. In that type of block, just write down the events without caring about quality and edit it when you're more inspired.

Or you can't think of ideas? Find any myth and write it again, with your specific spin on the story. (This is also a good style exercise). I recommend Celtic myths or Native American myths. Japanese/Egyptian myths are a bit strange, Slovak myths are few and far between, and Greek myths are overused.

Are you stressed about writing and this only worsens your state? Do something else for a while, then come back. OR, write a poem with no particular focus, or a stream-of-consciousness story. You'll be surprised at the results.
Back to top Go down
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 pm

What I usually do is first read some books and get some facts/information. Deciding whether fiction or non-fiction, I'm more like a fiction writer. I look blankly at a wall and think. What is it going to be about? Will the outcome of the story be a good idea? Thinking everything through always helps me. Remember to always have some type of "drawing" wall, where you sketch and/or write down your ideas. I suck at giving advice, I know. >.< Use descriptive words and not slang words, but if you're doing some type of book diary, that's kind of a different story.

Poetically, I'm no poet. But all I can give you is that, writing poems sometimes defines your state as you write it. If you're sad or depressed, some people write to help ease out the pain and the poem springs from it's cocoon out into the world.

My family's been known for singing, so I had to learn to sing as a soloist. If you have a piano, practice from C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C. lowest to highest, then highest to lowest. Make sure you're at the key you can reach vocally and make sure each note matches your vocal key you're singing at. I've also learned off of the "Sound of Music" The Do Re Mi song, you've heard I hope? What you usually learn off of it is as if your playing off of a piano and don't sing through you're nose as my dad always told me. After you've got all of it right, replace the letters with words. Ex.) "When(C) you(D) know(E) the(F) notes(G) to(A) sing(B)," as I said, I'm terrible with explaining so just see that part from the sound of music. It also depends if you're an alto, a low keyed singer, or a soprano, a high pitched singer. I'm a soprano so I usually have to change the pitch of the song I want to sing. Sing songs you're comfortable singing at your rate and eventually you'll get the hang of it. Singing is actually fun when you know how to use your talent right.

I never had writer's block, haha! x) And I'm sorry if I confused you with this. ;_; I know it SUCKS so please don't rub it in my face it is. :3
Back to top Go down
Blackrose
Hero Fantagian
Blackrose

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:53 pm

everyone gets writers block once in a while Embarassed
so my advice?

maybe take a walk or bike or hang out with your friends to get rid of the writers block! but if that dosen't work maybe take a nice long nap or take a warm bath *ahh*

or to generate ideas maybe read a book or watch a movie! xDDD

hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian
Pommu-pon

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm

As a daily writer/artist, I can only say that I experience this a lot too. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT

I'd recommend you explore what the world of Art has to offer more often. That means take a look at artwork, read more, get inspired by music. This will help a lot, whether you're writing music, literature or drawing. This even works for dancing. Anything creative.

Don't stress too much. Just go easy and slow. You can also brainstorm. Brainstorming will always help you buy storing ideas and putting them together to create something. Don't smoke or drink, eat healthy and stay active.

I know all that seems weird but if you follow all this, I'm sure you'll be back writing smoothly with no problem.

Hope that helped~ ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help. Thanks   Please help. Thanks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help. Thanks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Forum Lounge-
Jump to: