Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups

Share | 

Help me choose between several story ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Makkine

PostSubject: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:18 pm

I have three story ideas, but I can't choose between them. Which one would y'all like to see?

You know how I have a made-up country with a language and everything? Okay, so I want to write the foundation of the country, how it got started, etc. Like, there's teacher or something telling it. And it's completely dialogue except for some random italic paragraphs, which tell the story in a more traditional prosaic method.

There's also this one, which is really cliché. It's like, some merchant in ancient Ireland is walking and he's dead. But he doesn't realise he's dead, and then the Celtic psychopomp comes and leads him to the Tech Duinn, the Irish afterlife. It's kinda stupid.

Then the third one is the one with an androgynous main character. There's a river separating two distinct worlds about to war each other and s/he just goes back and forth between them, carrying messages and all. It's mostly a writing exercise to see how well I can insinuate tension without ever outright showing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nakira
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:34 pm

I like them all, so I'll put them in order; 1 being the one I'd like to see the most, 3 being the least. (But I'd still like to see it!)

1. Androgynous main character, river, two worlds.
2. Made-up country.
3. Irish afterlife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Well for the Irish story idea... I live in Ireland, and I have some experience on Celtic kinds of fantasies, etc.. I think they're pretty much interesting and is ideal for any reader!

For the fictional country, I think that would be pretty nice for most people to read about the foundation and how it grew bigger.

The third one... I did not quite understand what you meant, my English isn't that good after all xP So I can't give you any opinions on that one.

I think you go with the made-up country first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:51 pm

I would really like to hear the first one 8D

tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MsJoyMaeda
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:31 pm

The first one sounds interesting! I would like to read that one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:56 pm

@Nakira: That's a good method, thanks for the input!

@Mitsuki: I've been learning a bunch about Celtic mythology, it's so interesting! I wanted to write a story about it.

Yeah, it was going to be a reference, mostly.

What? You have very good English! I just suck at explaining @-@

@Ani: A'ight, thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:41 pm

1. Androgynous main character, river, two worlds.
2. Made-up country.

I don't know much about Irish things and such so I feel it be unfair to rate that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:47 pm

After asking more people on other sites and everyone here, the first and third ones are the most wanted. I guess I'll get working on them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose between several story ideas   Today at 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Help me choose between several story ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1