Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

your opinion on : child pagents

Go down 
+11
12senna12
cxidanni
lucia
Blackrose
Relora
xXLovestruckXx
Abbey
RadioGummie
alex
Penny
sherley739
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bubbles
Loyal Fantagian
Bubbles

your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:57 pm

lucia wrote:
homestuck, do you wanna be in one? Very Happy

i think that i wouldn't want to be in one and i think people should stop these pageants
Back to top Go down
http://justmeforeverx.wordpress.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:58 pm

You guys don't bash her opinion and thoughts. If she wants to be in one let her have that aspiration and support it. Don't be road blocks to ones dreams, support her just you would want her to support you.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:19 pm

Hey guys, I don't think child pageants in and of themselves are EVEEEL or MOST AMASING DESU. Pageants are a morally-neutral thing, of course. It's how they're treated that can make them be disturbing or damaging towards the child. Frankly, I believe all we need to do in order to stop the backlash against child pageants is tighten up on some given rules. For example, no outfits may be too revealing or embarrassing, a set amount of makeup as a maximum, the child must express her willingness to get on the program, and the mother must be checked for former abuse of the child, disrespect for the child, or forcing the child to do something that may be harmful towards her emotional or physical health.

Really, it's just an issue of lax regulations and modern media sensationalism :V

I still think the "omg child pageants worst creepy omg hate" people have their own faults. They can be a huge boost to the competitor's self-esteem, and they are legitimately fun sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:26 pm

The kids on TLC actually like doing it. So....

But I don't. Way too girly.
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:27 pm

@Mr.Toast

exactly...but I might try one...hurhur I wanna see how Bad I'll do trololololo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:31 pm

@Lexi, yeah I barely wear dress. When I do, I slip and fall o3o. But I might win since they'll laugh so hard xD And I play violin...so..
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Mr.Taost wrote:

Some don't, which is why there's a whole debate about it going on.
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:33 pm

eh true to both of you

@Mr.Toast xDD same I play a bit of piano and do karate >:3 we all know I sing lawl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Makkine wrote:
Mr.Taost wrote:

Some don't, which is why there's a whole debate about it going on.

Yeah, that's tue. I barely watch that show so I wouldn't know. I only watc it if Cake Boss comes up next, and most of the time, children are like, "I love spray tanning, and when I grow I wanna be a singer. I am a true diva."

ERGHUGHERH I hear that all the time.

@Lexi, KARATE CHOP ;3
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:36 pm

lawl I saw one where a girl had an Alter Ego named Darla Razz

she came out when the pagent happened x3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:47 pm

xXlexiXx wrote:
lawl I saw one where a girl had an Alter Ego named Darla Razz

she came out when the pagent happened x3

What did she do? Did she get kicked out? Loool.
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:50 pm

nah xD they didn't know 'bout "Dar" (thats what the mom called her lawl)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:00 pm

xXlexiXx wrote:
nah xD they didn't know 'bout "Dar" (thats what the mom called her lawl)

LOOOOOOOOOOL.---Dar
Back to top Go down
xXlexiXx
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:03 pm

@Taost ikr xD she actually said "If I don't win this crown I'm gonna be pissed" I was like

"GOOD MOTHER OF JESUS O.O shes got a mouth on her..."
Back to top Go down
lucia
Passionate Fantagian
lucia

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:10 pm

if i enter one, i will lose though. but i want to enter! and i LOOOVE make up and dresses!
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:15 pm

@Lucia there is more to life then looks hun. Trust me it's education that matters unless you are deity gorgeous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Aurora wrote:
@Lucia there is more to life then looks hun. Trust me it's education that matters unless you are deity gorgeous.

Yes, I agree. You can just know how to dance or play an instrument and then, win.

@Lexi, oooh, divaaa. xD
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Aurora wrote:
Not necessarily. If you can get a husband/wife that works and you're just taking care of the children, you can still have a relatively happy life. Opinions may vary on how wrong or how old-fashioned this is, but hey I'm not one to judge people for their lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:22 pm

@Makkine actually your right. I just realized how judgmental my post was. Truly whatever makes you happy is what one should strive fore. Whether it be looks, love, athleticism, achievements, education etc.

That post of mine was very much the opposite of what I try to think. Thank you for pointing it out for me.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:27 pm

Aurora wrote:
@Makkine actually your right. I just realized how judgmental my post was. Truly whatever makes you happy is what one should strive fore. Whether it be looks, love, athleticism, achievements, education etc.

That post of mine was very much the opposite of what I try to think. Thank you for pointing it out for me.
It's all right, dude, you don't have to be embarrassed. It's just that feminism preaches equality and an ability for women to choose their lifestyle. If that lifestyle happens to include being a housewife or liking pink, it's not anti-feminist in the least. Live and let live, really.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 4:36 pm

@Makkine I wasn't embarrassed, actually, you were very much right and had just brought to my mind something judgmental that I had posted. That's all, if I was embarrassed I probably wouldn't have posted back or would've reacted negatively.
Back to top Go down
. w .
Senior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Penny wrote:
o.o When I saw the picture I almost mistook her as Lady Gaga. Almost.

i did to o_e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: your opinion on : child pagents   your opinion on : child pagents - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

your opinion on : child pagents
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2