Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Charcoal Pencils~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

Charcoal Pencils~ Empty
PostSubject: Charcoal Pencils~   Charcoal Pencils~ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 pm

I just got them, I know they're advanced tools or something, but I wanted to try it out. Anyone uses them? Tips? I know that you can't touch it with bare fingers, you'll just smudge it. xP
Back to top Go down

Charcoal Pencils~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Pencils~   Charcoal Pencils~ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Actually, I used them before. In art class, for shading practice. It's actually good for a blur, or fade.
Back to top Go down
sherley739
Passionate Fantagian
sherley739

Charcoal Pencils~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Pencils~   Charcoal Pencils~ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:15 pm

yaya finally i can give out some helpful art tips!
_easiest way to not smudge is to work away from your hand. Like start at the top of the page rather that the bottom.
_ dont overuse it. Charcoal goes a long way and smudges alot. If your making a portait only make the outline dark becuase thats naturally dark and smugde the rest.
_ learn from my mistake. dont make zigzag's or any weird design if you plan to smigde. just dont.
- add detail's last
- charcaol isnt the best thing to use for anime. not saying you cant but charcaol is intended for more realistic ish things
- i personally dont like white charcoal because it make's everything look blue ish
- dont waste money on smudgers. just use your fingers.

i use alot of charcoal its one of my fravorite art tools and i have been using it for about a year now. good luck <3
Back to top Go down
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

Charcoal Pencils~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Pencils~   Charcoal Pencils~ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 pm

@Sherley: I don't have a smudger. :3 I has this type of eraser that helps it blur according to the label.

I've been watching Mark Crilley for over a year now, so I can get tips from him to~ <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charcoal Pencils~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charcoal Pencils~   Charcoal Pencils~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charcoal Pencils~
Page 1 of 1