Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

My Black History Month Project

Go down 
+6
o
Mila
RadioGummie
69hot_wangs69
Usui
Golden-Star
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

My Black History Month Project Empty
PostSubject: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey yall, happy BHM. This is my project i did, is it good? Its kind of small but is it pretty or should i put more decor? I'll be happy for criticism

BTW i am doing Mae Jemison and i had to do letters pretending to be a person somewhere else.

Note: If you see really close, Abbey is in my letters!
I think its blurry so tell me if it is
Spoiler:
^
Heres the rest
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://yummystrawberries.canadian-forum.com/
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:01 pm

I can't read it its blurry and far away I can't read small print sorry. :c
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:32 pm

I know ): But is the pictures good? (The images) I'll take better pics tonite, the lights were off thts y
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Kind of off topic, but I hate black history month.

It just further reinforces in the minds of idiots that they are constantly being discriminated against. Whenever my dad (he's a cop) pulls over a black person, they always think he'[s being racist. Can you see the color of a person's skin from the back of their car? No, it's all perception. We have a black president and people still think that racism is rampant nowadays. You know, at the high school I'm going to next year, they give away substantial scholarships to people simply because they are either black, or Native American. Asians, whites, etc. get points marked against them when applying for certain jobs (medical school, police, etc.) because they're race is the majority of the applicants. Black's get minority points which increase they're chances of getting into some schools even if they are not as academically qualified. Who is the one being discriminated against?
Back to top Go down
RadioGummie
Dedicated Fantagian
RadioGummie

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 pm

HI SPYDUR I MISSED YOU ; w ;

okay and back on topic.
I think Spydur's referring to affirmative action, am I right?
It's where they take in other factors of your life, other than just grades. Such as race, ethnicity, neighborhood, type of school, I think family income, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mila
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

i dont understand why we have black history month?
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:29 am

yeah this was a bunch of horrible, bad faith, racist bullshit that I’m appalled and ashamed to have written out online. I’m deleting this somewhat to ease my conscience, but mostly so that nobody has to read that crap and/or follow that line of thinking. I was like 11/12 when I wrote this, and probably just regurgitating some of the racist edge lord shit I had picked up from the conservative, fox-news type people I grew up around, but that’s no excuse. I’m really sorry for what I said here, and I hope to never again spread this kind of hurtful rhetoric online.

Last edited by o on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RadioGummie
Dedicated Fantagian
RadioGummie

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:04 am

Well I mean I don't remember a time where blacks were whipping whites and making them work for whatever they mean. I'm not saying I'm for the separation, but I guess it's kinda like a time to look back on how we came from complete separation to unity. There's no white bathroom, black bathroom.

and hop, that's like saying Mother's day is only one day of the year. So for one day lets be nice to all of the moms and the other days lets be all mean and disrespect them yadda yadda yadda NO. We respect them no matter what. but this is a special time to just reflect on WHY we respect them I guess. and we don't have a white history month because we're american, I guess. Or here we are. and Chinese = chinese new year. um. Isn't there something called Canada day?

I get you guys's points, but I mean it's here. and I don't see anything negative about it. I don't think we should be bashing on it and why we shouldnt have it. I mean why do we have martin luther king day? Or new years? Or christmas? OR BIRTHDAYS. So just because it's not our birthday, Hop, we can treat everybody else like "crap?" I mean that's very closed-minded thinking. And very negative.

Like, seriously? hate is a strong word. and for you to hate the glorification of one race actually reinforces what you are trying to go against. Why can't you just be happy with what's going on?
We finally respect them and when we do, we have these people doing whatever they can to go against it.

The point is. There's other things bigger in the world than this going on, and worse. There are people dying, crying, and probably starving. and you don't see us making threads saying "I hate it that there are people less fortunate than me, and I don't know what to do. any ideas?"

no. we have threads where somebody is trying to show their work, and then people bash on the subject.

Swag, nice job on your project it looks very nice and neatly planned out.

But really? This is what you guys are gonna complain about?
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 am

I would remember the word history in Black History Month. This is a month to learn about and respect another culture's history. We have all sorts of reenactments and etc. over the course of the year, we all like (at least somewhat) to have a way to remember. Yes, it is important to treat all races respectfully, but I honestly don't see why having one month to learn and remember the history of one in any way jeopardizes the other's chance to be respected.

@Swag: Your project looks awesome! c:
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 am

I think black history should be looked at as history. I think religious history should be looked at as history. I think the history of every minority or race should be looked at as history.

I dont want a Christian history month even though so many Christians in history have been slaughtered while fighting for their right to worship. Jews dont want a Jewish history month because of the millions of them who were killed in the holocaust.

It does encourage seperation. It encourages looking at different races differently. Humanity should be looked at as a whole.

I also think it does have a negative affect. It reminds some blacks of the suffering that their ancestors went through, and some translate that into a reason for them to get prefferential treatment or call racism whenever something negative happens to them. Note: I used the word 'some'

@Bby: The high school scholarship thing was not affirmative action. It's just differential treatment between races. The rest of my camparisons were.

And when I said hate, I didnt mean 'hate'. I meant dislike. Where I live the word 'hate' is really overrused.

Really my main issue with black history month is what I bolded above. I know for a fact it does that. Not so much with whites towards blacks, but blacks towards whites.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:23 am

I'm going to have to agree with spyder word-by-word on this one.

There really isn't anything else I can say when he already said it all o.o
Back to top Go down
RadioGummie
Dedicated Fantagian
RadioGummie

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 am

Quote :
It does encourage seperation. It encourages looking at different races differently.

Do you really think that that's the only thing separating us? It's a minor thing.

I'm not completely disagreeing, but I'm not completely agreeing.
I think that you guys all have a point and are entitled to your own opinion.

But It's just some of the arguments you're bringing up that upsets me.

I agree that humanity should be looked at as a whole.
but I really think there's a lot of other things that are separating us than just the celebration of the month.
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Bby wrote:
Quote :
It does encourage seperation. It encourages looking at different races differently.

Do you really think that that's the only thing separating us? It's a minor thing.

I'm not completely disagreeing, but I'm not completely agreeing.
I think that you guys all have a point and are entitled to your own opinion.

But It's just some of the arguments you're bringing up that upsets me.

I agree that humanity should be looked at as a whole.
but I really think there's a lot of other things that are separating us than just the celebration of the month.

I know its not a big deal. I just dont like how the history and hardships of one race gets emphasized over others. Black history should be taught like the history of other races. Dwelling on the past is not moving forward.

I think I'm being misunderstood. I wouldnt have a problem with black history month, or the emphasis on slavery taught in history textbooks if it wasnt for the misguided ideas that it feeds. I personally know some black people who feel entitled to preferential treatment. I got in an argument with like 4 different black people on youtube who were basically saying that blacks deserve prefferential treatment and that they still havent forgotten whites for what they did, even though they themselves have not gone through any sort of slavery or injustice. They're ancestors did. And they're brainwashed into this thinking, most likely because of what they've been taught. The emphasis on the hardships of their ancestors could be a factor.

Blacks are not the only race or minority who have been discriminated against, but blacks are probably the most racist group of people by percentage and there's a reason for that.

What you're taught as a child plays a big role on the way you think, your morals, etc. Look at teenagers nowadays, and look at teenagers 100 years ago. Huge difference. I think we owe a lot of that to the media, schools, parents, and books. You really do get brainwashed as a kid even if you dont realize it.

And what's the deal with Hispanic Heritage Month. That one doesnt even make sense.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Bby wrote:
Well I mean I don't remember a time where blacks were whipping whites and making them work for whatever they mean. I'm not saying I'm for the separation, but I guess it's kinda like a time to look back on how we came from complete separation to unity. There's no white bathroom, black bathroom.

and hop, that's like saying Mother's day is only one day of the year. So for one day lets be nice to all of the moms and the other days lets be all mean and disrespect them yadda yadda yadda NO. We respect them no matter what. but this is a special time to just reflect on WHY we respect them I guess. and we don't have a white history month because we're american, I guess. Or here we are. and Chinese = chinese new year. um. Isn't there something called Canada day?

I get you guys's points, but I mean it's here. and I don't see anything negative about it. I don't think we should be bashing on it and why we shouldnt have it. I mean why do we have martin luther king day? Or new years? Or christmas? OR BIRTHDAYS. So just because it's not our birthday, Hop, we can treat everybody else like "crap?" I mean that's very closed-minded thinking. And very negative.

Like, seriously? hate is a strong word. and for you to hate the glorification of one race actually reinforces what you are trying to go against. Why can't you just be happy with what's going on?
We finally respect them and when we do, we have these people doing whatever they can to go against it.

The point is. There's other things bigger in the world than this going on, and worse. There are people dying, crying, and probably starving. and you don't see us making threads saying "I hate it that there are people less fortunate than me, and I don't know what to do. any ideas?"

no. we have threads where somebody is trying to show their work, and then people bash on the subject.

Swag, nice job on your project it looks very nice and neatly planned out.

But really? This is what you guys are gonna complain about?

I am not complaining. I was saying part of that towards Spyder, but most of it to everybody, and the people who despise black people. Here is what I meant:

By saying that you only have to treat them kindly for one month, their special month, I mean that if Spyder doesn't like them so much that he should at least be kind to them during this month. I am not saying that you should be mean to the blacks eleven months, and only kind to them for one month. I am saying that since I have no control over others, if other people don't want to be super kind to the blacks, so be it. It is not my choice. But at least during February, they should be respected (although not respected more than other people, since we should be equal as Spyder pointed out). What I am saying is not to complain, or have a negative effect.
  What you said about Mothers' Day is not at all what I meant. I know a kid who doesn't treat his mother kindly, but what I am saying is more like the fact that he has to at least treat his mother nicely on Mothers' Day. I'd like him to respect his mom every day, but I can't control what decisions other people make. Are you following me? It's probably confusing.

When did I ever say that everyone can be treated like crap? I said "Who knows how they are treated?...They could be treated like crap most of the time.", or something along those lines. I don't really remember. Anyways, that did not mean that we have the right to treat them like crap most of the time. That meant that nobody knows how the blacks are treated by other people, they might be treated like crap a lot of times, so we shouldn't be hating them. This is not close minded thinking, nor is it negative to say that if they are treated poorly, we shouldn't do the same.

EDIT: op was right, I was for sure in the wrong here. I don’t even know what my point was??? but it was a bad one and a very ill-informed position to take

Allison, I have a question about your project. Is it like a biography sort of project? I must say, I'm impressed with your layout and the amount of information and work you put into it. Also, is that the only side, or is it a double-sided project?

Last edited by o on Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Kay....but i am dun with this topic I: i didn't know you guys were still posting I: you don't have to anymore though (please) I:
Back to top Go down
Owl
Loyal Fantagian
Owl

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Good luck with your project, Swag and hopefully you'll get a good grade. ^_^
I wrote something, but Swag's post came up first. x3
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:15 pm

thank u
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 am

hop wrote:
I am not complaining. I was saying part of that towards Spyder, but most of it to everybody, and the people who despise black people. Here is what I meant:

By saying that you only have to treat them kindly for one month, their special month, I mean that if Spyder doesn't like them so much that he should at least be kind to them during this month.

Just because I oppose Black History Month doesnt mean I'm a racist. Geez Louis.
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:23 am

Okay. I'm gonna post, sorry.
Whether you want to believe it or not, Spy-der, black people and hispanic people get a lot more racism than whites. Though it's unfair that your dad gets called racist for pulling a black person over, that's not why we have black history month.
Hispanics and Blacks are probably the people that get the most racism in the USA. This is why we have these months and not Asian Heritage month, Russian month, because they have more positive than negative stereotypes, or there aren't a big enough amount of them in the US.

on topic: really great job swag! 8D hope you get a good grade, you deserve it. UvU/
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Spy-der wrote:
hop wrote:

By saying that you only have to treat them kindly for one month, their special month, I mean that if Spyder doesn't like them so much that he should at least be kind to them during this month.

Just because I oppose Black History Month doesnt mean I'm a racist. Geez Louis.

I know you aren't racist, you don't seem racist at all. Just can you be kind to them during this month?

I really don't feel like arguing over this anymore.
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Sorry to bump this, but I didnt want to start a new topic. I didnt want people to get the wrong idea of me (thinking I'm a racist), because I know my arguments could be enterpreted that way. The story below just proves the points I was trying to make earlier.

I tried my best to quote the said people verbatim as possible. Again, I'm not generalizing, just trying to prove a point that blacks are more openly racist towards whites. I dont know how it is where you guys live, but I'm telling you, over here, there are some ghetto black people who are so discriminatory towards whites.

We recently had a black family move into the house behind ours (so our backyards were facing each other, and divided by a wall). There was a little girl (like 7 years old) living in the house, and she came outside to play in her backyard. My sister was also outside in our backyard, and they both started talking. I was inside but the door was open and I could hear them talking, and my sister was totally polite, nice, warm, and friendly. After about ten minutes of them talking the little girl asked her dad if she could come over, and he goes "Is she white or black?"
"She's white."
"Then no."

I called her in the house and told her not to talk to them anymore.

Later that day, my sister was outside doing homework, but our neighbors thought she was inside, and she overheard them calling her a "white *****" along with other insulting things of that nature.

They've also been spitting into our yard, throwing cigarettes and other trash over the wall into our backyard, along with other things.

I know some of you guys were thinking in the back of your heads that I was being racist or something, but seriously, I'm not. My own life experience is a basis for most of the opinions that I've formulated.

THE BELOW IS AN OLD POST. I WANTED TO BUMP THIS TOPIC WITHOUT DOUBLE POSTING, SO I DELETED MY OLD POST AND COPY/PASTED IT BELOW

Timegear wrote:
Okay. I'm gonna post, sorry.
Whether you want to believe it or not, Spy-der, black people and hispanic people get a lot more racism than whites. Though it's unfair that your dad gets called racist for pulling a black person over, that's not why we have black history month.
Hispanics and Blacks are probably the people that get the most racism in the USA. This is why we have these months and not Asian Heritage month, Russian month, because they have more positive than negative stereotypes, or there aren't a big enough amount of them in the US.

on topic: really great job swag! 8D hope you get a good grade, you deserve it. UvU/

First of all, in my life personally, I think Asians, Chinese in particular, are more openly criticised about their race than anyone else here in America. No one I know ever says anything derogatory towards black people just because of their race, but people always make fun of Chinese. Either because of being nerdy or for having a small body part, or for whatever reason.

And pople are not racist towards Hispanics, they're racist towards illegal aliens.

Please give me an example on how blacks are discriminated against then. And I'm not talking about them being made fun of, or anything like that. Gays, obese people, and nerds are made fun of way more than blacks. I'm talking about the business world and everyday life, where it really matters. Because actually, blacks get more preferential treatment than whites in those two aspects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Black History Month Project   My Black History Month Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Black History Month Project
Page 1 of 1