Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12

Go down 
+5
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Winnowill
o
Squirtle
Relora
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Relora
Hero Fantagian

How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Empty
PostSubject: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Okay so due to all the recent stuff my family and I are going through, my mother is with my aunts and grandma to comfort my grandpa and get as much time with him as possible. Due to school money and my dad's work schedule my sister brother and I had to go home with our dad (we'll get to see my grandpa again though before he slips into a coma, which I'm grateful for)

Well now my sister is really just crying, like all the time, it's a mixture of things too, not having friends (which pains me because with her personality she should have thousands of friends :<) not being with our mom (her and my mom are REAL close) my grandpa passing on soon and school work in general are really getting to her.

I really try to help her, I helped her with her math homework a moment ago and I say she should keep positive and that she will get more friends but nothing really is working. I know she misses mommy but she knows she'll be back, and I know she will miss grandpa, but there's nothing I can do and I know it' better for her to cry that one out.

Now I don't blame her, I'm not the perfect sister, I'm very arrogant and vain around my house, I'm selfish i argue a lot and I have temper issues with my sister and brother, but I love her to pieces and I really just don't know what to do, I hate when she cries, I really truly hate it. I was just hoping anyone could tell my something I could do to comfort her, I really need help I haven't seen her not cry around the house since we visited and it worries me.

Thanks guys, sorry for so much text.
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Just say that everything is fine and if she still cries just tell her what you just said Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 pm

If she is your little sister, take her to a nearby playground. Play with her, and maybe walk with her. Let your sister do most of the talking, and try to understand where she stands on this issue. Then, maybe you and her can make cards for your grandpa, so she can have a chance to show how much she loves him (and so you can, too). If you are able to, you and your sister should present the cards to him in person.
But don't try to control how everything happens. If you try something really specific and don't let happiness come naturally, she won't be very happy. Let life take its course, and cheer her up one step at a time.

I hope this helps/helped. If your sister is older than me, let me know so I can give you another solution. But just remember, there is always more than one way to make somebody happy.
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Just let her know in some way that you there for her talk to, if she wants. Maybe you could leave her a note? I find that, at least for my family, pets can be wonderful to cheer everyone up and distract a bit. If you don't have a pet, maybe you and your sister can go to pet store or shelter and watch the animals. Like Hop said, making a card, with maybe a poem or a present for your grandfather is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:37 am

Let her know you will be there for her no matter what. Make sure she knows whenever she has a problem you will be there to help her. As silmaril said, if you have a pet at home it will cheer her up.
Back to top Go down
Mustard
Senior Fantagian
Mustard

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 am

You can't.
I am the same as her..trust me,
you can have the best, nicest personality ever[talking about your sis here] but people don't care. All they see is the outside& not the inside.
Like, yeah.
I don't have many friends at all outside of the 'net.

Just...leave her alone for a while..
bake her something? i dunno,
noone can cheer me up ever when i'm sad.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

If what you want is to cheer someone up, I'm not the person to ask. I just can not believe how..... perfect your sister is. How old is she?
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Yuffiecrystal wrote:
If what you want is to cheer someone up, I'm not the person to ask. I just can not believe how..... perfect your sister is. How old is she?

She's not perfect...

she just turned thirteen a month ago.

(lol late reply)

And thanks for the replies guys, my dad was able to help her out lol, and when my mom got home things were back to the normal routine kind of.

Now We just wait for the phone call notifying us my favorite grandpa has passed on v.v
Back to top Go down
cynthia
Dedicated Fantagian
cynthia

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 3:47 pm

I've never had a family member die, the closest I've ever had was moving. But, when I moved I used to eat a lot of chocolate. Also, try not to be with her all the time (it might just be me) because sometimes I get annoyed when people comfort me for a long time.

Back to top Go down
angel7410
Junior Fantagian
angel7410

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:44 pm

tell her shes lucky to have a family that cares for her. 2 of my family members died like 2 years ago or more. it takes time for her to move on. spend time with im sure that will might make her happy. tell her how you feel about your grandpa. help her by doing it yourself. turn all the advices you get into 1 gigantic advice so you don't have to pick one of these advices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12   How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can i cheer someone up? 2/9/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Off-Topic :: Your Day-
Jump to: