Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

[3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...

Go down 
+2
Zelda
69hot_wangs69
6 posters
AuthorMessage
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

[3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Empty
PostSubject: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:35 pm

...followed by some good things

I dont know if any of you noticed but I havent really been active lately, and it's mainly because I've been extremely stressed out.

It started about 3 weeks ago. Just some random wednesday morning, all of a sudden I get a call from my homeschooling program. They tell us that the high school I applied for requested my transcripts, and that they dont have any record of my 7th grade work to provide for them.

I'm flipping out at this point. The school is supposed to be mailing acceptance letters in about 3 weeks and my work is nowhere to be found. Long story short after about a week and a half we ended up sorting everything out, and the school successfully received my work. Huge sigh of relief.

I'm sitting here, happy as a pig in crap because it looks to me like I have a huge chance of getting into this really nice school. I got good grades, I did good on the entrance exam, etc. All of a sudden we get another call from the high school I applied to. It's the dean of admissions asking for my 8th grade 1st semester grades. All right, no big deal, we'll call up my homeschooling program and get my transcripts.

They tell us that they cant find my 8th grade work. I'm starting to get real pissed now, because I have proof that the work was received by my school, but they just lost it. Not just that, we only found out about this issue at the time that acceptance letters are already being mailed.

We talked to the dean of admissions at my hopefully future high school and she seemed understanding about the situation. She said she'd look at my past grades and test scores and maybe make an exception for me based on those. We just had to promise we'd be able to provide my 8th grade work before I start my first school year over there, which we did.

And my 8th grade work was found earlier this morning, so we were able to fax my 8th grade report card over to them.

So yea, just crossing my fingers now, hoping that they didnt receive my work too late.
Back to top Go down
Zelda
Passionate Fantagian
Zelda

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

I hope it all works out in the end (:
Best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 pm

This is like, the big "drumroll" moment. You know, just waiting for the answer. I hope you can get into a good high school.
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 pm

DUDE. I just got my acceptance letter in the mail.

And my test results. I placed in the 98th percentile. Holy crap, I was not expecting that. Especially because I missed some questions and screwed up the scantron at the end.

What a huge relief, oh my God.

Here's the high school by the way: http://bishopgorman.org/page.aspx?pid=244

It looks like a freaking college campus.
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 am

That seems like an awesome school. I'm glad that you got in, and did so well on the test too...wow. c:

I'm currently homeschoooled, and I might actually go to highschool next year (10th grade), so do you have any tips on getting in, etc?
Back to top Go down
Owl
Loyal Fantagian
Owl

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Congratulations! Is it one of those pay-per-year schools? I've been wanting to apply to this amazing high school but it's not very likely.

Last edited by Owl on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Silmaril wrote:
I'm currently homeschoooled, and I might actually go to highschool next year (10th grade), so do you have any tips on getting in, etc?

What kind of homeschooling do you do? Is it accredited? In other words, do you get report cards and is your work recorded? If it is, and you have good grades, that gives the school you are applying for, an idea of how smart, academic-wise, you are.

Secondly, if they have any optional placement exams, definitely take them. It gives you priority over other applicants and you'll be able to apply for scholars classes.

Thirdly, I dont think most schools do this, but Bishop Gorman (the school I'm going to) does. They have a thing called shadow day, where you follow a student around the high school for the whole day. In their classes, during tests and quizzes, everything.

I actually did it today and it was fricking awesome. I knew about 15-20 people that went to the school beforehand, but my friend did the shadow day thing with me, and introduced me to a ton of people, a bunch of girls, all the teachers, etc.

I was really nervous for high school since I've never been in a classroom setting, and it was gonna be a huge change, but now I'm excited as hell. Now that I know what to expect, the people I'm going to meet, and the knowledge that a lot of people already know me, I'm not nervous at all now.

The only thing I'm concerned about is my parents are forcing me to take ALL scholars classes (except for foreign language), and I'm going to have a hard time balancing that with sports, but I'll find a way to deal with it.

Actually one more thing that is scaring me, is that I'm not sure if I got a high enough mark to make scholars mathematics. Now you're probably thinking, "Oh it's only one class." According to my dad it's THE most important class. He barely gives a crap about anything else. If I dont make scholars math he is going to whoop my donkey.
Back to top Go down
Mila
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:05 pm

congrats, and that school looks really nice. there sport fields look really nice too. Hopefully that school isn't like mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...   [3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[3/7] A Series of Unfortunate Events...
Page 1 of 1