Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Oh look, I redrew something old.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 am

And by that, I mean really old.
Okay, maybe not. The original was made a year and a few months ago, that is, it was saved sometime in early 2011.

But anyway! Here is the new one, inside the spoiler.
Spoiler:
 

The original, for comparison:
 

FYI, I don't use a tablet. Some of you may already know this, oh well.
I use the touchpad built into my laptop. And dA muro.

Feel free to rate, although you don't really have to. I just wanted to show it and hear what you think. :)


Last edited by Magdaleena on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magdaleen-96.deviantart.com
I
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 600
Join date : 2011-11-07
Age : 15
Location : im in dh's house and im r2p11-1 him.

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 am

2nd One looks better the first one looks like she has a big nose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian


Posts : 12278
Join date : 2012-01-14
Age : 17
Location : The gallows

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am

The new one is more realistic. The original is still cute, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm

itsbleh wrote:
2nd One looks better the first one looks like she has a big nose
No, it does not. It lacks shoulders and has ugly shading, and the hair falls weirdly. (Yeah, I'm criticizing my own stuff.)
Also, what do you have against big noses? Does it look too much out of place or something?

Maybe it does. I dunno.

Yuffiecrystal wrote:
The new one is more realistic. The original is still cute, though.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magdaleen-96.deviantart.com
Misty Life
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 13
Location : I'll tell you later, I'm eating a cookie

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:57 pm

it feels like the original one turned older into the new one. But I think I like the old one better, it looks cute!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
x♥XrachX♥x
Junior Fantagian


Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-02-28
Age : 17
Location : STALKERS!

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:02 pm

nice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magdaleena
Expert Fantagian


Posts : 2261
Join date : 2010-04-26
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in northern Europe. Probably hours ahead of you.

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Misty Life wrote:
it feels like the original one turned older into the new one. But I think I like the old one better, it looks cute!

The original one is just an ageless blob attempting to look anime-ish. That's why the newer one looks older in terms of age, and the "anime blob" is cuter.
But thanks anyway. I'm sorry if I come off as rude.

@Rach: That was a rather vague response, but thanks for showing your appreciation. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://magdaleen-96.deviantart.com
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1929
Join date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:33 pm

I love your current shading technique. Your old one is cute though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Usui
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5275
Join date : 2011-09-09
Age : 17
Location : Worldbuscus

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 pm

I love your new version. I really like it a lot.
Your old one was cute and great also. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
01sparkly
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 680
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 17
Location : Somewhere where you will never know O.o

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:02 pm

I like your older one :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jelly
Passionate Fantagian


Posts : 890
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 16
Location : Stalking you

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 pm

They both look really good but I think I kinda like the older one a little bit better. c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monsterbunny
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1425
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 17
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:28 pm

I like both of them. But what I really hate is when people draw the hair. They draw it with too much detail. I know you're trying to make it look pretty, but in real life can you see that much detail? I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I'm just saying that it really bothers me when people draw a lot of detail to hair, eyes, ect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4563
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 16
Location : (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Somewhere flipping tables

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm

I like both of them, I like the older one more though. Cx

I don't find the older one 'cute' though. I find it more plainer... or nicer I guess.


Last edited by pikatree1 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Let me say my reasoning. xP)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1416
Join date : 2010-02-06
Age : 11
Location : sad town

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Lot's of improvements, hoho. I don't understand why people say the older one is better, it's cute yes but there's no character to it. (As you understand).

The nose on the newer one is big, but it's not bad. It gives her more character, SOMETHING I CAN'T DO. ALL MY FACES LOOK THE SAME, WAA.

Anyways, good job! I really like this style of yours.

@MJRox, ah you actually can see that detail and more in real life. Try studying people and you'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 pm

S wrote:
Lot's of improvements, hoho. I don't understand why people say the older one is better, it's cute yes but there's no character to it. (As you understand).

The nose on the newer one is big, but it's not bad. It gives her more character, SOMETHING I CAN'T DO. ALL MY FACES LOOK THE SAME, WAA.

Anyways, good job! I really like this style of yours.

@MJRox, ah you actually can see that detail and more in real life. Try studying people and you'll see.
THISTHISTHISTHIS

The older one is cuter, yes, but holy heck anatomy errors galore and it looked nothing like you! The new one is a drawing with actual character and an actual resemblance to you. It also has a unique style. The only thing I can see is that the hair doesn't follow the head shape all that well, but that's irrelevant.

Maggie, ignore these people if their reasoning is "the old one is cuter". Cuteness=/=good art.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I
Devoted Fantagian


Posts : 600
Join date : 2011-11-07
Age : 15
Location : im in dh's house and im r2p11-1 him.

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 am

Makkine wrote:
S wrote:
Lot's of improvements, hoho. I don't understand why people say the older one is better, it's cute yes but there's no character to it. (As you understand).

The nose on the newer one is big, but it's not bad. It gives her more character, SOMETHING I CAN'T DO. ALL MY FACES LOOK THE SAME, WAA.

Anyways, good job! I really like this style of yours.

@MJRox, ah you actually can see that detail and more in real life. Try studying people and you'll see.
THISTHISTHISTHIS

The older one is cuter, yes, but holy heck anatomy errors galore and it looked nothing like you! The new one is a drawing with actual character and an actual resemblance to you. It also has a unique style. The only thing I can see is that the hair doesn't follow the head shape all that well, but that's irrelevant.

Maggie, ignore these people if their reasoning is "the old one is cuter". Cuteness=/=good art.
me say 2nd one is better, yes, but thats not my reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User


Posts : 4132
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : derp

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:48 am

The old one looks pretty cute but I found the new one's shading amazing. The shading of the new drawing's hair and the clothes- just wow. I also found the hair and the clothes on the new one far more realistic then the old one ;3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3257
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 103
Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 am

ohdjbjfbv
My goodness
You should start a shop! This is amazing! Very Happy
10000/10 for both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://underworld.forumotions.in
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff


Posts : 1458
Join date : 2010-07-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 am

I don't get why everyone is saying the second one is better. The first one is a million times better. You've improved a lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makkine
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 19
Location : Woah

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 pm

itsbleh wrote:
Makkine wrote:
S wrote:
Lot's of improvements, hoho. I don't understand why people say the older one is better, it's cute yes but there's no character to it. (As you understand).

The nose on the newer one is big, but it's not bad. It gives her more character, SOMETHING I CAN'T DO. ALL MY FACES LOOK THE SAME, WAA.

Anyways, good job! I really like this style of yours.

@MJRox, ah you actually can see that detail and more in real life. Try studying people and you'll see.
THISTHISTHISTHIS

The older one is cuter, yes, but holy heck anatomy errors galore and it looked nothing like you! The new one is a drawing with actual character and an actual resemblance to you. It also has a unique style. The only thing I can see is that the hair doesn't follow the head shape all that well, but that's irrelevant.

Maggie, ignore these people if their reasoning is "the old one is cuter". Cuteness=/=good art.
me say 2nd one is better, yes, but thats not my reason.
"Big nose" is also not a good reason, lotsa people have big noses in real life, and it doesn't look out-of-place to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Dedicated Fantagian


Posts : 1248
Join date : 2011-08-27
Location : in hell

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:37 pm

I love the first one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Oh look, I redrew something old.    Today at 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Oh look, I redrew something old.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» i redrew something!!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Creations :: Artwork-
Jump to: