Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...

Go down 
+4
Owl
alex
Weekays
Abstract
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Empty
PostSubject: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:59 am

I went to the library yesterday and picked out this book to read. (I've heard about it a few times, and it sounded amazing). So far I pretty much don't understand it, I mean, it is from about 200 years ago? So the English, as I can say, is intense. xD I won't spoil anything to you, just in case you plan to read it. Anyway, any books you recommend? This book is due on June 2nd, and I don't want to come home with nothing to read. :/
Back to top Go down
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:14 am

yup i was in the library in my town i never heard of tht book i got 5 books and mines goes back on the same date as yours Razz the 2nd of june awesome xD

EDIT: i finished them all 2 days ago i need to wait untill my youngest sis and my mom finishes there and my lil sis lost a book but she will find it cuz it cant just disapear
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:55 am

Ohh, I have to read it this month for social studies. I really like it, and the setting is around the Civil War.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:58 am

Mhm, which is why I like it. xD I don't have much time to read it, hopefully I finish it in time.

I can definitely wait for the second of June. Time better go slow and fast at the time time I read the book.
Back to top Go down
Owl
Loyal Fantagian
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Abstract wrote:
Anyway, any books you recommend? This book is due on June 2nd, and I don't want to come home with nothing to read. :/
The GONE series. It. Is. Amazing.
I've heard of Uncle Tom's Cabin. I haven't read it, though.
Also, I get what you mean by the old English. I've read classics and it can be a bit tricky to understand.
Back to top Go down
http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Owl wrote:
Abstract wrote:
Anyway, any books you recommend? This book is due on June 2nd, and I don't want to come home with nothing to read. :/
The GONE series. It. Is. Amazing.
I've heard of Uncle Tom's Cabin. I haven't read it, though.
Also, I get what you mean by the old English. I've read classics and it can be a bit tricky to understand.
YES.
And there's also the Lord of the Rings trilogy (it's quite long, and it took me a couple months to read it!), The Hunger Games, The Princess of Mars, and I also suggest the Julie of the Wolves stories (it may seem kinda kiddy, but I thought it was cute. :3).
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh thank you! I'll check it out, but for now I have to read from the library, which I only have so little time to do.

Ty. I wasn't thinking of the Hunger Games, it ran out in my library. xD
Back to top Go down
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:24 pm

Its a book by harriet b stowe about the cruelty of slavery c.
Back to top Go down
http://yummystrawberries.canadian-forum.com/
Roc Hijohshiki
Expert Fantagian
Roc Hijohshiki

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVPYap7MFQ&feature=related
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

The Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix is a great book series in my opinion :3

Oh and the book "Cinder" Is great two, it's a twist on the original Cinderella story o:
Back to top Go down
cynthia
Dedicated Fantagian
cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm

If your into romance and susepense stories try the matched series. Personally I absolutely hate romance novels, but matched was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...   Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading Uncle Tom's Cabin...
Page 1 of 1