Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups

Share | 

How many instruments do you play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Owl wrote:
I play the flute and the bassoon. ^_^ I can play simple songs on the recorder, but I don't think that really counts. I'd love to take up more instruments. The oboe, piano, and ukulele interest me.

Oh lucky I've always wanted to play a doubl read especially bassoon :3

Bassoon is just one of the coolest sounding instruments as well as oboe xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owl
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Relora wrote:
Owl wrote:
I play the flute and the bassoon. ^_^ I can play simple songs on the recorder, but I don't think that really counts. I'd love to take up more instruments. The oboe, piano, and ukulele interest me.

Its sound and rarity were what drew me to the bassoon. When I first saw it I thought it was so cool. x3 I picked it up in two weeks and was caught up with my class within two months. It's not that hard, if you have the opportunity to learn it, take it. I would've learned to play the oboe if someone hadn't beaten me to it. xD So I switched to the bassoon instead. The flute just wasn't enough for me. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Owl wrote:
Relora wrote:
Owl wrote:

Its sound and rarity were what drew me to the bassoon. When I first saw it I thought it was so cool. x3 I picked it up in two weeks and was caught up with my class within two months. It's not that hard, if you have the opportunity to learn it, take it. I would've learned to play the oboe if someone hadn't beaten me to it. xD So I switched to the bassoon instead. The flute just wasn't enough for me. :3

Oh really o:!

Do you think it hard to transition from a single reed treble clef instrument? Because if I can ever get the chance I wouldn't mind playing the bassoon :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Owl
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Relora wrote:
Owl wrote:
Relora wrote:
Owl wrote:

Oh really o:!

Do you think it hard to transition from a single reed treble clef instrument? Because if I can ever get the chance I wouldn't mind playing the bassoon :]

It's not hard. The embouchure becomes second nature so if you use a different technique in other instruments its easy to differentiate. I can still play the flute just fine and never find myself using the wrong embouchure or confusing the fingerings. I'd also never used reeds before. It was easy for me because everything was new and completely different from the flute. But since you hold the bassoon very similarly to the saxophone, it might be the least bit difficult for you. As to reading with the bass clef, with practice you'll get used to it.
Overall, you could definitely do it. I couldn't get a decent sound out on the first day, but practicing helps a looooot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:05 pm

@S: I think we all know what kind of flute you play...

Side-blown right? And I found your favorite sheet music book:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eden
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:08 pm

I used to play 1, and that would be the piano. I can only play Twinkle Little Star and the very beggining of E.T. now though because I have not had piano lessons for over 2 years, almost over 3 now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KKII
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Mace wrote:
First of all, let me please say, stop saying you have mastered instruments. You can be good at an instrument, but it takes a loooooooong time to master an instrument. Professional musicians practice for hours each day to work towards mastering an instrument. You have definitely not done it at this young of an age. If so, please show me all the money you have been making at gigs, because people want mastered musicians to play.

I'm a very musical guy and I plan to major in music at college. My main instrument is saxophone, which I play the soprano, alto (main), tenor, and baritone saxes. I play soprano and tenor in my jazz bands and I play alto saxophone in my concert and marching bands.

I know basic drums, but I do not own a drumset so it is hard to practice. I own an electric guitar and am teaching myself the basics. I play piano regularly and have been getting better while teaching myself it. I have a huge love for electronic music and synthesizers and use many of them while creating my own music.

I wish my voice was better but it is not very good, but I do like to sing and play guitar for fun. It's a great time-passer!
Excussseee me. Im sorry for using"mastered" as I meant If you gave me the instrument and some sheet music I could play it,And im not as young as you seem for me to be.Im 16.And I have two jobs,Modeling In the block agency with a 6 year contract. And im a paid musician at my church.(bellview), And as for money It's for me to know and you to NEVER find out about Smile.I'm not going to let some guy who hosts an kid forum tell me what i'm not...I'm very experienced
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cupcakesrock
Regular Fantagian

Location : At your place,i'm actully at your door-just waiting

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 am

I play the violin but over than takes summer classes, my grandmother think it's better to take karate classes( which sucks to me ) so i don't really have think for my violin. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Fantage.com
Mace
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:56 am

kiki1056 wrote:
Mace wrote:
First of all, let me please say, stop saying you have mastered instruments. You can be good at an instrument, but it takes a loooooooong time to master an instrument. Professional musicians practice for hours each day to work towards mastering an instrument. You have definitely not done it at this young of an age. If so, please show me all the money you have been making at gigs, because people want mastered musicians to play.

I'm a very musical guy and I plan to major in music at college. My main instrument is saxophone, which I play the soprano, alto (main), tenor, and baritone saxes. I play soprano and tenor in my jazz bands and I play alto saxophone in my concert and marching bands.

I know basic drums, but I do not own a drumset so it is hard to practice. I own an electric guitar and am teaching myself the basics. I play piano regularly and have been getting better while teaching myself it. I have a huge love for electronic music and synthesizers and use many of them while creating my own music.

I wish my voice was better but it is not very good, but I do like to sing and play guitar for fun. It's a great time-passer!
Excussseee me. Im sorry for using"mastered" as I meant If you gave me the instrument and some sheet music I could play it,And im not as young as you seem for me to be.Im 16.And I have two jobs,Modeling In the block agency with a 6 year contract. And im a paid musician at my church.(bellview), And as for money It's for me to know and you to NEVER find out about Smile.I'm not going to let some guy who hosts an kid forum tell me what i'm not...I'm very experienced

It isn't like running this forum is my job. And that's great that you're a paid musician at your church - I'd love to hear some recordings. I'm not trying to tell you what you're not - I'm just saying that mastered was the wrong word.

i want you to want me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantagegeek.com
skittles4117
Junior Fantagian

Location : The middle of 4 corn fields. Seriously. Not joking. Well I think one of them might be a bean feild....

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 am

Okay, so some of these I haven't played as much as others, and really aren't good on them as far as lessons go, so I don't really count them as I play them, but I can and play simple songs Smile

• piano
  • flute
  • guitar (electric/acoustic)
  • working on bass
  • harmonica
  • recorder
  • alto sax
  • vocal
  • snare drum
  • bass drum

Techniquelly I play 11 instruments. My fav is either flute, sax, or either guitars. Smile I have been playing the guitar the longest, and it's like a family thing. We all are musically talented! Good topic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:11 am

skittles4117 wrote:
Okay, so some of these I haven't played as much as others, and really aren't good on them as far as lessons go, so I don't really count them as I play them, but I can and play simple songs Smile

• piano
  • flute
  • working on bass
  • harmonica
  • recorder
  • alto sax
  • vocal
  • snare drum
  • bass drum

Techniquelly I play 11 instruments. My fav is either flute, sax, or either guitars. Smile I have been playing the guitar the longest, and it's like a family thing. We all are musically talented! Good topic!

Not me..... I can't play any instruments and any singing talent I have isn't good enough to make money off of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 am

Rue wrote:
skittles4117 wrote:
Okay, so some of these I haven't played as much as others, and really aren't good on them as far as lessons go, so I don't really count them as I play them, but I can and play simple songs :)

• piano
  • flute
  • working on bass
  • harmonica
  • recorder
  • alto sax
  • vocal
  • snare drum
  • bass drum

Techniquelly I play 11 instruments. My fav is either flute, sax, or either guitars. :) I have been playing the guitar the longest, and it's like a family thing. We all are musically talented! Good topic!

Not me..... I can't play any instruments and any singing talent I have isn't good enough to make money off of.

But if you can sing you can sing. Money plays no factor :p

Mainly because going into music normally doesn't get you money anyway...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geeky_Anime_Fangirl♥
Senior Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 pm

i can play flute, guitar and trumpet though im not so good at it. i practice my singing ALMOST everyday and make up my own songs but i dont think im very goood -____-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wizzy
Loyal Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm

i can play the drums and maracas and violin......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many instruments do you play?   Today at 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down

How many instruments do you play?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2