Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.


Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inUsergroups


Share | 
 

 Rate and critique recolour? :>

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1597
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 18
Location : wwwwww

PostSubject: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 am



I recolour everything except skin. I took away the handbag and redrew (repixelled?) her wrist.

Recolour on Paint with pencil tool and given bg transparency on PS Cs4.

Please rate 0-10 and critique if you want/can :>
Image belong to Fantage.com


I was practicing my um... Colour picking.. Or whatever it's called. Because I'm terrible at shade colours
Like my profile avatar ._.


Last edited by Pommu-pon on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frost
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 6172
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 15
Location : hell

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:24 am

10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/yoichi._.s/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 am

It's good, but the only thing that bothers me is that you're shading with blacks and whites.
Here:
Spoiler:
 
It's a normal color wheel. For darker colors, I go down the color wheel. For lighter colors, I go up the color wheel. I can't explain it without seeming stupid.
Back to top Go down
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1597
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 18
Location : wwwwww

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:16 am

Terezi wrote:
It's good, but the only thing that bothers me is that you're shading with blacks and whites.
Here:
Spoiler:
 
It's a normal color wheel. For darker colors, I go down the color wheel. For lighter colors, I go up the color wheel. I can't explain it without seeming stupid.

That's from Sai lol. I know not to shade with blacks and whites because it doesn't give as much shading/light effect and makes it lazier. I draw enough to realise it lol >_>

And no, I'm not shading with blacks and whites (otherwise it would be rather duller and all would be grey?). It's MS Paint not Paint tool Sai (don't have Sai anyways). You can't regulate opacities of blacks and whites on MS Paint. (not on mine anyways)

I used the colour gradient thing on it though


if that's what you mean(?)
And sorry if I misunderstood what you said by accident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian


Posts : 8763
Join date : 2011-12-04
Age : 14
Location : Somewhere

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 am

nice color choices 10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
alex
Administrator
Administrator


Posts : 23506
Join date : 2010-08-10
Age : 18
Location : google maps

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:50 am

I like it! I really love her hair and shirt :3

_________________


tumblr / 내 호버크라프트는 장어로 가득 차 있어요. ㅡㅅㅡ
thank u elliot for the pic of me n my gf♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Pommu-pon wrote:
Terezi wrote:
It's good, but the only thing that bothers me is that you're shading with blacks and whites.
Here:
Spoiler:
 
It's a normal color wheel. For darker colors, I go down the color wheel. For lighter colors, I go up the color wheel. I can't explain it without seeming stupid.

That's from Sai lol. I know not to shade with blacks and whites because it doesn't give as much shading/light effect and makes it lazier. I draw enough to realise it lol >_>

And no, I'm not shading with blacks and whites (otherwise it would be rather duller and all would be grey?). It's MS Paint not Paint tool Sai (don't have Sai anyways). You can't regulate opacities of blacks and whites on MS Paint. (not on mine anyways)

I used the colour gradient thing on it though


if that's what you mean(?)
And sorry if I misunderstood what you said by accident.
no that iss not near what i meant
Back to top Go down
MsJoyMaeda
Hero Fantagian


Posts : 5819
Join date : 2010-12-13
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:37 am

I really love it! The shading is amazing, but I think you could of just removed the handbag from your character BEFORE you decided to take the screenshot. But, it's really good!

@Terezi How is she recoloring with "blacks and whites"? I don't even get what you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 4563
Join date : 2010-07-14
Age : 16
Location : (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Somewhere flipping tables

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:44 am

10/10 I just don't like the earrings for whatever reason. xD But no, it's good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yumyum43
Regular Fantagian


Posts : 185
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 17
Location : behind you, i will eat u now ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

10/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gymnastics 4 life
Senior Fantagian


Posts : 420
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 16
Location : Oh my god dude, you just can't go asking where people live...

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:58 am

HeatherKasane wrote:
I really love it! The shading is amazing, but I think you could of just removed the handbag from your character BEFORE you decided to take the screenshot. But, it's really good!

@Terezi How is she recoloring with "blacks and whites"? I don't even get what you mean.

probably to help learn repixeling things, I've done that, but I don't succeed ;c


10/10 it's amazing c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian


Posts : 1597
Join date : 2011-05-09
Age : 18
Location : wwwwww

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Terezi wrote:
Pommu-pon wrote:
Terezi wrote:
It's good, but the only thing that bothers me is that you're shading with blacks and whites.
Here:
Spoiler:
 
It's a normal color wheel. For darker colors, I go down the color wheel. For lighter colors, I go up the color wheel. I can't explain it without seeming stupid.

That's from Sai lol. I know not to shade with blacks and whites because it doesn't give as much shading/light effect and makes it lazier. I draw enough to realise it lol >_>

And no, I'm not shading with blacks and whites (otherwise it would be rather duller and all would be grey?). It's MS Paint not Paint tool Sai (don't have Sai anyways). You can't regulate opacities of blacks and whites on MS Paint. (not on mine anyways)

I used the colour gradient thing on it though


if that's what you mean(?)
And sorry if I misunderstood what you said by accident.
no that iss not near what i meant

o v o
Well then. Otherwise I have no idea what you meant.

HeatherKasane wrote:
I really love it! The shading is amazing, but I think you could of just removed the handbag from your character BEFORE you decided to take the screenshot. But, it's really good!

Actually, I didn't. u v u
I put them together now.


If you zoom in on Paint or PS there's an anatomy mistake in mine that makes the wrist broken looking and the hand fatter (or something?) and it looks different than how fantage did it. (I just noticed..?)

Thanks everyone~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
v
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 9586
Join date : 2010-02-07
Age : 16
Location : i'm always watching

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:40 pm

It looks really nice! I like the color of the hair. c:
I have no critique, so.. xD

_________________

tumblr
let's catch up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian


Posts : 3155
Join date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Pretty good. :3

I like the colors, but the brown eyes kind of look weirdish. I think that's because they stand out from the pink/blue. I know they are suppossed to match the shorts but they look like a different color...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rate and critique recolour? :>   Today at 3:03 am

Back to top Go down
 
Rate and critique recolour? :>
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» rate brute please
» Rate my equipment
» Rate these guys
» Please critique my scheme!
» Please delete my account

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Creations :: Graphics-
Jump to: