Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?

Go down 
+16
Sky
Golden-Star
Squirtle
Dog
cupcakesrock
Cheesey
HonestyHands
Mila
69hot_wangs69
o
Abstract
Relora
emiko
Donutangel♥
Flynn
Winnowill
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:48 pm

I wish religion talk was against the rules. This is why some of the main arguments on the internet are based on religion. Sad

I'm not deep when it comes to my religion, but I don't feel it's right when people think something is more true than another. Jeez people.

When the world ends, it'll end. Plus, why does it matter? If you know you have done good, be happy and be proud you lived on this Earth as a good person. Now I'm not saying the bad people will be afraid either. Just don't be.

And to Rehekehm (sorry if I misspelled it.). Electricity is actually a pretty new technology, because it wasn't found in the year 0, or before the year 0. It's been up for about 300 years, some people don't even know what is electricity. So if you think about it, we can live without technology.
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Abstract wrote:
I wish religion talk was against the rules. This is why some of the main arguments on the internet are based on religion. Sad

I'm not deep when it comes to my religion, but I don't feel it's right when people think something is more true than another. Jeez people.

When the world ends, it'll end. Plus, why does it matter? If you know you have done good, be happy and be proud you lived on this Earth as a good person. Now I'm not saying the bad people will be afraid either. Just don't be.

And to Rehekehm (sorry if I misspelled it.). Electricity is actually a pretty new technology, because it wasn't found in the year 0, or before the year 0. It's been up for about 300 years, some people don't even know what is electricity. So if you think about it, we can live without technology.
Sorry, I meant we wouldn't be able to survive without what scientists have done for us Smile Hope I cleared that up for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingiscouragious.tumblr.com
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 pm

I agree with you on that. Us humans may not live without some of the things made on this planet..

We can always grow plants on Mars though. ;D Then that brings oxygen, right? I think so. We just need rain to go with that.
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Abstract wrote:
I agree with you on that. Us humans may not live without some of the things made on this planet..

We can always grow plants on Mars though. ;D Then that brings oxygen, right? I think so. We just need rain to go with that.
But what about gravity? And the soil not being fertalizable? I believe that one day in the future we will find a planet that can sustain us and we will move there. but we will need technology that hasn't even been invented yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 pm

rebekahm wrote:
Abstract wrote:

But what about gravity? And the soil not being fertalizable? I believe that one day in the future we will find a planet that can sustain us and we will move there. but we will need technology that hasn't even been invented yet Smile

True, true. I think we should start making a planet of our own (Pfft, I wish/ yeah right!)
Back to top Go down
Donutangel♥
Senior Fantagian
Donutangel♥

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 pm

rebekahm wrote:
Abstract wrote:

there is infact a planet that is just like earth that has a great atmosphere but it is way too far from or the sun
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:16 pm

HeavensentAngel wrote:
rebekahm wrote:
Abstract wrote:

there is infact a planet that is just like earth that has a great atmosphere but it is way too far from or the sun
Yeh, it would have to be warm enough so that we wouldn;t freeze, but not hot enough so we wouldn't burn. as our sun is only one star out of billions of billions, I am sure, someday, we will find a habitable planet for us to survive on Smile
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Julia! wrote:

- A future lack in oil could lead to a worldwide disaster.

If liberals would let us drill this wouldn't happen for at least another 100 years and by than I would assume we'd have advanced other technologies to replace oil.
Back to top Go down
Donutangel♥
Senior Fantagian
Donutangel♥

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 pm

rebekahm wrote:
HeavensentAngel wrote:
rebekahm wrote:
Abstract wrote:

Yeh, it would have to be warm enough so that we wouldn;t freeze, but not hot enough so we wouldn't burn. as our sun is only one star out of billions of billions, I am sure, someday, we will find a habitable planet for us to survive on Smile
true also but if the earth blows ang hydrogen nitrogen oxeygen and other gases go with it couldnt a gas giant planet be born or would we just live in a solid gas
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Maybe we need to find a planet like Earth /near the sun/? We just need to give these planets some love. ;o

Plus, solaring is already replacing oil. We used to have solar cars instead of having to oil the car, but now people didn't buy it much so yeah.

I also heard we have solar phones to use instead of having to charge it. The sun is useful for so many things.
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:29 pm

HeavensentAngel wrote:
rebekahm wrote:
HeavensentAngel wrote:
rebekahm wrote:
Abstract wrote:

true also but if the earth blows ang hydrogen nitrogen oxeygen and other gases go with it couldnt a gas giant planet be born or would we just live in a solid gas
That would be interesting.... we certainly wouldn't be in the same situations we are today.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm okay when it comes to science so I almost have no idea what was just mentioned at the moment lol.

All I know is that our main sources are the: sun, food, water, shelter, and good support of our beings/society.
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 pm

*facepalm*

You said in the future we will need to move from Earth to another planet to escape the sun. How does moving to Mars, another planet in our solar system, in any way solve that issue.

Also, there are no planets within a practical distance that we could move to. I think the only way would be to somehow stop the sun from expanding. It sounds impossible but with billions of years to think about it, someone will figure it out.

rebekahm wrote:
Rezik wrote:
Thats just a peice of crap the only person who knows when thats gonna happen is the man upstairs
Rezik wrote:
Look, scientist put on storys. They really need to stick to germs. The world could end today if it had to. It happens when it happens. End of story
There is no man upstairs as 'God' doesn't exist. And without scientists, we wouldn't be alive today. What happens if there's a cure on another planet that scientists discover to be the cure to cancer? There is a HUGE range of scientists, and only a small aspect of that covers germs. Without science, we wouldn't have the light bulb, electricity and much more things our world wouldn't be able to survive without.

So many idiots trying to act like they are intelligent. There's just so much stupidity in this thread that Im not even gonna waste my time commenting on (there were also a few intelligent posts, but not many), but Im gonna reply to this.

First of all, I think God wanted us to go out and investigate the world around us, so scientists sticking to germs is just not smart. The human race wont make advances.

@Rebekahm: Why do people feel the need to say "God doesnt exist" or "God exists" whenever there are any references made to him. Its a personal belief, arguing about it is stupid since He cant be proven or disproven with science. You just piss people off and start arguments.

And uhm, people were around before scientists were, and they survived. We dont need the light bulb or electricity to live, and believe it or not, electricity has always been around but we only recently figured out how to harness it. >.>
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 pm

@Spy-der If you had read all of the comments in this thread, you would know that my commnet was mis-interperated. I'm not going to get into an immature fight as nobody would win.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Spy-der wrote:
*facepalm*

You said in the future we will need to move from Earth to another planet to escape the sun. How does moving to Mars, another planet in our solar system, in any way solve that issue.

Also, there are no planets within a practical distance that we could move to. I think the only way would be to somehow stop the sun from expanding. It sounds impossible but with billions of years to think about it, someone will figure it out.

rebekahm wrote:
Rezik wrote:
Thats just a peice of crap the only person who knows when thats gonna happen is the man upstairs
Rezik wrote:
Look, scientist put on storys. They really need to stick to germs. The world could end today if it had to. It happens when it happens. End of story
There is no man upstairs as 'God' doesn't exist. And without scientists, we wouldn't be alive today. What happens if there's a cure on another planet that scientists discover to be the cure to cancer? There is a HUGE range of scientists, and only a small aspect of that covers germs. Without science, we wouldn't have the light bulb, electricity and much more things our world wouldn't be able to survive without.

So many idiots trying to act like they are intelligent. There's just so much stupidity in this thread that Im not even gonna waste my time commenting on (there were also a few intelligent posts, but not many), but Im gonna reply to this.

First of all, I think God wanted us to go out and investigate the world around us, so scientists sticking to germs is just not smart. The human race wont make advances.

@Rebekahm: Why do people feel the need to say "God doesnt exist" or "God exists" whenever there are any references made to him. Its a personal belief, arguing about it is stupid since He cant be proven or disproven with science. You just piss people off and start arguments.

And uhm, people were around before scientists were, and they survived. We dont need the light bulb or electricity to live, and believe it or not, electricity has always been around but we only recently figured out how to harness it. >.>

So... rude...
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:59 pm

---

I uh, didn't mean that physically or intentionally. I actually was kind of joking on that (not to really be funny by the way).

I think moving to another planet could be another idea if the Earth ends, so other humans could possibly live in that planet. (We discussed something like this in science)
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 am

He's just rude. right now we are PMing and he is being rude and, excuse my language, sexist.
Edit: he has now sweared and called me a very insulting name.

Last edited by HonestyHands on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cynthia
Dedicated Fantagian
cynthia

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 am

Abstract wrote:

---

I uh, didn't mean that physically or intentionally. I actually was kind of joking on that (not to really be funny by the way).

I think moving to another planet could be another idea if the Earth ends, so other humans could possibly live in that planet.

Don't quote me on this, but in 5th grade we were forced to read some magazine about current event. According to my memory, there's a planet that has water and trees about 300 years away from here.
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:03 am

HonestyHands wrote:
He's just rude. right now we are PMing and he is being rude and, excuse my language, sexist.

That is why I had never liked him in the first place.

Just add him to foes list and ignore him.
Back to top Go down
HonestyHands
Junior Fantagian
HonestyHands

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:05 am

Relora wrote:
HonestyHands wrote:

That is why I had never liked him in the first place.

Just add him to foes list and ignore him.
Done! Thanks for the advice! Smile
Back to top Go down
Donutangel♥
Senior Fantagian
Donutangel♥

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:07 am

This was sopposed to be a good debate not a bad one ok so please dont fight im not a reall big fan of fighting at all so please peaple be nice to each other dont get religious (i belive in god) if you dont that is your belief in live just make this a good debate and please please please please please do not be religous at all if you dont have anything nice to say please dont even say it at all Have A Good Day!
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:10 am

I think we really need a rule when it comes to religion, or anything debating against it.

More on topic: Did ayone here about rumors that 2000 was the year the world was supposed to end? I heard a few people saying that, but then people changed it to 2012. Neutral -_-
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:12 am

Abstract wrote:
I think we really need a rule when it comes to religion, or anything debating against it.

More on topic: Did ayone here about rumors that 2000 was the year the world was supposed to end? I heard a few people saying that, but then people changed it to 2012. :| -_-

Yea it was just a silly belief. The reason people believe the world will end in 2012 is the mayan calender.

What they don't know is, is that the mayan calender doesn't account for leap years so doomsday technically has already passed xD
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:16 am

Relora wrote:
Abstract wrote:

More on topic: Did ayone here about rumors that 2000 was the year the world was supposed to end? I heard a few people saying that, but then people changed it to 2012. Neutral -_-

Yea it was just a silly belief. The reason people believe the world will end in 2012 is the mayan calender.

What they don't know is, is that the mayan calender doesn't account for leap years so doomsday technically has already passed xD

Oh my gosh so true (I think)~ I think leap years were just added though? Sounds like it to me. But don't get any ideas, that was more of an opinion than a statement/question.
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 am

You know when an employee is about to quit their job? They just dont give a crap about what they say or do because they're going to leave? Thats how I feel. People who are friends with me dont give a crap about what i say on the forum, and I dont give a crap about what people on this forum think of me.

Normally when I post, I proofread my message and make sure what i say doesnt come off offensively. Sometimes I'll purposely post things worded rudely, but I try not to.

The one thing that bothers me more than anything is when people find the urge to always comment or discredit people's personal beliefs. It irritated me, and thats the only reason why I decided to reply to this thread again, and then I kind of went on a rampage, I didnt reread what i wrote, and I kind of came off as a genital.

Like I said, I dont care what people think of me on this forum, but I dont like hurting people's feelings, so if I did, Im sorry. Didnt mean it.

Now, regarding the PM's where I was sexist. I can copy/paste those down on the forum if anyone wants. It was an obvious joke, and she PM'd me first. I didnt like, attack her or anything.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?   Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: What are your beliefs on the end of the world?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next