Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Traditional picture I drew ouo

Go down 
+6
Flynn
Rufistar
v
Winnowill
dana scully
Pommu-pon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian
Pommu-pon

Traditional picture I drew ouo Empty
PostSubject: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

it's in here:

I've haven't completed any pencil drawings in more than 6 months..
So excuse for the 'too much detail' that spoiled it please p:

Oh and the pink in places doesn't look this awful in the actual thing = W =;

It's my character, Song. He has sheep animal features ;v;
I uploaded on dA but I'm showing here too. I wanna see what you guys think.. So critique/rate maybe? Very Happy

Thanks ;u;
Yes that's orange soda you see there
Back to top Go down
dana scully
Veteran Fantagian
dana scully

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Thats awesome! I could never draw like that
Back to top Go down
https://anxiousscully.tumblr.com
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

That looks amazing! Sheep and orange soda. c:
Back to top Go down
v

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:21 pm

It's amazing. I love how you color ;w;
jealous
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

All these amazing artists ask me to critique their work and I never know what to say.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:29 pm

This is awesome, but how is this related to sheep?
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Personally, I really like the way you've drawn and shaded his cloak! It gives your drawing an awesome dramatic effect.

However, the legs are so tiny in comparison to the rest of the body. It's very unnatural-looking. Even if it is anime.

Also, he looks like a girl (with short hair, though). I know you're trying to make him look sheepish (not the shy kind), but the way you made his hair curly is not the right kind of curly for a boy. You drew wavy curls, which are very common in girl hair. I recommend drawing curls that are not as long and flowy. Heck, even frizzy hair would work so that he doesn't look like a girl.

And anime boys have narrower eyes. The eyes you've drawn would fit well on a girl, but not so much on a boy.

Overall, I'd have to say that I think you did best on the shading. The way you shaded with different colors and not tones is what really makes this drawing so vivid and colorful. Although, I personally would not have chosen that background. There's not enough contrast in this picture. The sunset (or sunrise) is so colorful that it blends in with your character's colors. I'll bet a daytime background would really make him pop!
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:59 pm

I love how you coloured him! uwu
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:00 pm

omg amazing 10/10
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

!10/10!!!!!!
one thing the forhead is a bit to big
Back to top Go down
http://fantage.com
Pommu-pon
Loyal Fantagian
Pommu-pon

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 am

Panos wrote:
Personally, I really like the way you've drawn and shaded his cloak! It gives your drawing an awesome dramatic effect.

However, the legs are so tiny in comparison to the rest of the body. It's very unnatural-looking. Even if it is anime.

Also, he looks like a girl (with short hair, though). I know you're trying to make him look sheepish (not the shy kind), but the way you made his hair curly is not the right kind of curly for a boy. You drew wavy curls, which are very common in girl hair. I recommend drawing curls that are not as long and flowy. Heck, even frizzy hair would work so that he doesn't look like a girl.

And anime boys have narrower eyes. The eyes you've drawn would fit well on a girl, but not so much on a boy.

Overall, I'd have to say that I think you did best on the shading. The way you shaded with different colors and not tones is what really makes this drawing so vivid and colorful. Although, I personally would not have chosen that background. There's not enough contrast in this picture. The sunset (or sunrise) is so colorful that it blends in with your character's colors. I'll bet a daytime background would really make him pop!

Thank you a lot fot the critique!
I know the legs are too thin/awkward there. I had difficulty with them as always.

And I'm really aware of how big the head looks and how long the hair looks.
I actually made a mistake when I was colouring the hair, but it was meant to be blowing like there was wind..
He's meant to have a lot of hair, but the huge lump of hair you see behind the clip are meant to be his sheep ears, not hair ^^;

And in the pic he's meant to be around 10-14.. Yes I know I fail terribly at drawing narrow eyes and boys especially.. xD

As for the background, I agree with you too. First of all I started colouring the whole thing in blue because I had something else in mind for the bg. But then I started colouring the sun in which made it have some kind of green effect and I added a lot of orange so that made everything darker. Next time I'll think of a daytime background like you said.
--
Rue wrote:
This is awesome, but how is this related to sheep?

Rofl sorry, I didn't draw his tail here and his sheep ear is barely visible because it's my first time drawing him. And I know this picture isn't really empathasing on his sheep, um features (?) But he's um.. A sort of sheep-person.. I don't know how to put it in english lol...
-
Melissa H. wrote:
!10/10!!!!!!
one thing the forhead is a bit to big

Yes, I know, thank you uwu
I was trying to make it look like something else but perspectives, psh lol x_x

Everyone thanks a lot for the comments and critique ;u; !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditional picture I drew ouo   Traditional picture I drew ouo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traditional picture I drew ouo
Page 1 of 1