Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)

Go down 
+3
Reese
Snow
dewey decimal system
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Empty
PostSubject: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 pm

I just downloaded SAI and made my first digital drawing, ever! Rate/Critique but nothing too mean :3
(By the way, I only did the face, because before I work on the bodies I want to make sure I have faces down pat. It'll be easier than trying to learn everything all at once, but that's just what I think.)
First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Lool10
Back to top Go down
Snow
Legendary Fantagian
Snow

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 pm

I like the eyes the best.
Back to top Go down
Reese
Hero Fantagian
Reese

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm

The eyes are so pretty! Really nice job for your first ^^
Back to top Go down
Mr.Noah
Expert Fantagian
Mr.Noah

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Good job for your first!!!!!!! 7/10 though,I feel like the nose is in the opposite direction that the face is facing?If its suppose to be like that then sorry :3
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Noah wrote:
Good job for your first!!!!!!! 7/10 though,I feel like the nose is in the opposite direction that the face is facing?If its suppose to be like that then sorry :3
No, you're right. Since the rest of the face isn't facing the same way as the nose, then it makes it look kinda awkward. If you moved the glare (white spots on the eyes) and/or pupil a bit to the side, then I think it'd be okay.

Anyways, nice work on your first drawing--I really like it! ^_^
Back to top Go down
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Yea. I was going to put it the other way... I'll edit it later >.< I did think it should face the other way, so I'll remember what Len said. ^.^
Thanks for all the replies. I think next time I'm not going to do the blush like that. I used to like it but not now... And I'm going to do a different eye style.
Back to top Go down
taehyung
Veteran Fantagian
taehyung

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 10:15 am

one of your mistakes is what Noah and Len said
and the blush... the lines should be pink or somewhere near pink and red.
The mouth is bit weird no offense but you could've added a ... tongue.
You could search in DA(Deviant Art in case you don't know what is it) how to draw in said or color .... etc.
Oh don't forget to make a new layer each time you do a new step and use the lineart layer first .
Back to top Go down
Easy900
Passionate Fantagian
Easy900

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:04 am

its true about the nose its facing the wrong way
but its still really good
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 pm

L.O.L wrote:
one of your mistakes is what Noah and Len said
and the blush... the lines should be pink or somewhere near pink and red.
The mouth is bit weird no offense but you could've added a ... tongue.
You could search in DA(Deviant Art in case you don't know what is it) how to draw in said or color .... etc.
Oh don't forget to make a new layer each time you do a new step and use the lineart layer first .
I disagree. The blush could be practically any colour. I've seen artists colour the dark shading in brown hair purple and it works (actually it looks much better than dark brown). There's literally no specific way to colour something, which is another reason why I don't like using tutorials directly. Of course, if you're new to something you're going to want to use tutorials to get the feel of the program, but there's hundreds of tutorials for sai and colour and they're all different.
You'll develop your own style and your colouring will come with your own style, but of course--it's okay to mess around with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)   First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First SAI Drawing! (and my first digital drawing!)
Page 1 of 1