Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Smooth lines in Photoshop?

Go down 
+2
Lord Voldemort
Rufistar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

Smooth lines in Photoshop? Empty
PostSubject: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:33 pm

For starters, I don't know much about Photoshop and I have CS6.

Anyway, you see this outlined sketch?

Open:

See how the lines are jagged and whatnot... not very smooth. How do you make them smoother? People create vectors in Photoshop.

I know I saw a tutorial on the internet somewhere but it wasn't really for beginners.
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:43 pm

by "jagged" do you mean pixely?
Back to top Go down
A t e l i e r
Regular Fantagian
A t e l i e r

Location : Computer chair. Or Apple store. They're the same thing.

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 pm

That's not jagged! The people who makes perfect lines often use their tablets and trackpads to do so...
Back to top Go down
http://atelierpixel.wordpress.com
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:24 pm

glitters2335 wrote:
That's not jagged! The people who makes perfect lines often use their tablets and trackpads to do so...
No, it's actually really jagged. I have the same problem on CS5, too. I've been looking up tutorials on how to fix it but I haven't found any good ones. :c If I do find one, I'll show you it (hopefully cs5 and cs6 won't be that difficult to translate). aaa

Last edited by Len on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:28 pm

I agree with Len. You should check up tutorials on YouTube, they are REALLY helpful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Use a drawing tablet, that might work. And google about how to activate pen pressure, that will work!
I have CS6, and I understand its hard
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 pm

I already use a tablet, even though it's not the best (Bamboo wacom model MTE-450). I want a tablet monitor

I know I need to look up more tutorials for Photoshop, I'll do that sometime. I'll try the pen pressure thing though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Rufistar wrote:
I already use a tablet, even though it's not the best (Bamboo wacom model MTE-450). I want a tablet monitor

I know I need to look up more tutorials for Photoshop, I'll do that sometime. I'll try the pen pressure thing though.
Also you should use a certain brush to activate it. You notice how there are 3 different round brushes? Use the 2nd or 3rd one
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:04 pm

I've poked around some forums and other sites, and the main thing to do is draw the lineart in another program (ex. adobe illustrator or SAI) and then transfer it into Photoshop. Not sure if this works, as I've never tried it. `A` Good luck, though!
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Len wrote:
I've poked around some forums and other sites, and the main thing to do is draw the lineart in another program (ex. adobe illustrator or SAI) and then transfer it into Photoshop. Not sure if this works, as I've never tried it. `A` Good luck, though!

I'm pretty sure it will work if you can make good lineart with the program (and make the background transparent).

So what tool does SAI have that makes lineart better because I read something on dA that was like "Photoshop is a superior painting program but SAI has line ____"
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Rufistar wrote:
Len wrote:

I'm pretty sure it will work if you can make good lineart with the program (and make the background transparent).

So what tool does SAI have that makes lineart better because I read something on dA that was like "Photoshop is a superior painting program but SAI has line ____"
SAI has line stabalizer. It basically slows down your movement (no matter how fast you mess around with your pen), which makes it like 500% easier to lineart.
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Clockwork Invention wrote:
Rufistar wrote:

Also you should use a certain brush to activate it. You notice how there are 3 different round brushes? Use the 2nd or 3rd one

Can you show me where to activate the pen pressure because I googled it but I couldn't find anything that made sense to me (with all those Phtoshop versions ugh).

You can just say something like Window>Color>Derp

@Len oh yeah that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
castiel
Devoted Fantagian
castiel

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Rufistar wrote:
Clockwork Invention wrote:
Rufistar wrote:

Can you show me where to activate the pen pressure because I googled it but I couldn't find anything that made sense to me (with all those Phtoshop versions ugh).

You can just say something like Window>Color>Derp

@Len oh yeah that makes sense.
what photoshop version do you have??
alot of brushes in ps4-6 dont have pen pressure b/c thats just the brush, some do tho
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Len wrote:
Rufistar wrote:
Len wrote:

SAI has line stabalizer. It basically slows down your movement (no matter how fast you mess around with your pen), which makes it like 500% easier to lineart.
Really? I thought it was just glitching.. now I see. THANK YOU LEN!
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Veteran Fantagian
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 am

glitters2335 wrote:

Nope not really, Some use a tool to move a line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smooth lines in Photoshop?   Smooth lines in Photoshop? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smooth lines in Photoshop?
Page 1 of 1