Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)

Go down 
+2
Gabriella
Lenka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lenka
Veteran Fantagian
Lenka

Location : clap aloNG IF YOU FeeL THA t hapPINESS IS THE //TRUTH//

opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Empty
PostSubject: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm thinking of starting an account on dA, it sounds really cool and I already know some people on there.

I'd like to know the pros and cons? Also, does your art have to be good for you to make an account?

Please tell me your opinion! And if I do end up making an account I'd love to be friends with you if you have one too!

POSTING STARTS NOW. GO!

thanksies

~lenka
Back to top Go down
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian
Gabriella

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm

No, you don't have to be an amazing artist or the best. You just have to draw something.

Pros
1.) U get to post your artwork for others to see
2.) U get to see your friends work
3.) U can get advice so u can b a better artist

Cons
1.) It's glitchy. Somtimes u have to restart the page ( I have to)
2.) Thieves
3.) Really stupid/Innapropriate posts.

I still recommend it though. Very Happy

Last edited by Twilight on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

uh,,,

pros:
a lot of young artists have an account so you'll be able to make lots of friends
you don't have to be a good artist to make an account; you improve through experience
it's really well organized and no real problems/bugs
lots of people
kiribans

cons:
probably a third of the stuff on there isn't even art
advertisements
(personal opinion) many of the tutorials on deviantart i find not helpful and hard to learn from
wayyyy too much stolen artwork

but overall it's a really good website for communicating with people who each enjoy different art styles and getting your art noticed. it's also great for getting commissions and joining groups of fellow deviants who share a certain interest. deviantart also allows literature submissions, if you want to do that.

however, i personally think that it isn't a website for somebody who's serious about learning art -like drawing art- and improving fast. if that's what you're looking for, then try anipan. it's still in beta mode and has some bugs, but the art there is all super good and seeing that kind of art can really help you to get a sense of some major parts of drawing. i've improved a lot from anipan, but there aren't many people there, as it's only about 8 months old.

Last edited by blu on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aimi
Veteran Fantagian
aimi

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Pros:
You can make more friends who share the same interest with you.
Kiribans.
Your profile is simple, yet you can customize some parts to make it look perty.
Lots and lots of artwork is submitted every second.

Cons:
Too many ads.
A bit too hard to navigate.
Those group things.
Stolen artwork

It's a great site overall though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm

PROS:
Fun
Amazing People
Amazing Art
People comment and give you feedback

CONS:
Art Theives
Trolling
Hacking
Chain Mail
Annoying people
Annoying comments

You should join!
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:20 pm

pros:
-a bunch of variety unlike other websites *cough anipan cough*
-i found some of my favourite artists there :v)
-cool users
-layout is easy to use
-friends

cons:
-jerks
-really annoying people
-you probably wont get popular there
-stealing art

thats it u should join
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Oliver wrote:
pros:
-a bunch of variety unlike other websites *cough anipan cough*
yeah anipan doesn't have a lot of variety. it's just drawings and half of it is like anime/manga and digital portraits. but the drawings there are really good and i've found a lot of drawings there that helped me study proportions and find my own style!! so i would recommend anipan to anybody who really wants to improve in mainly like drawing people/manga/cartoons/etc.

but deviantart is much better for those who want to get more experience with lots of art and meet more people!
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Pros:

It's an awesome art community. You can join a fangroup of your favorite fanbase, like MLP, Moonstuck, of Fantage. You can browse awesome art and watch your favorite artists like the mighty apofiss, fireflytwinkletoes, and alviaalcedo to name a few. You can make new friends.

Cons:

There's people with opinions, some absolutely hate it that now dA is filled with ponies. Some may hate other things you like, such as Warriors or Homestuck. Sharing your opinion, even if that opinion is bad, is allowed on dA.

The other thing is chain mail and stealing so yep.

These are minor things it's not like there's going to be a hater or spammer in the comments on every one of your deviations.

You should join.
Back to top Go down
Lenka
Veteran Fantagian
Lenka

Location : clap aloNG IF YOU FeeL THA t hapPINESS IS THE //TRUTH//

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Thanks guys, I'll start up my account soon (just have to thing of a User owo)

BE MY FRIEND. LOVE ME

It sound really cool<3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)   opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

opinions on dA? (thinking of making an account)
Page 1 of 1