Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Studying Help yall .

Go down 
+6
Squirtle
YEEZUS
ary
flower
evan
dewey decimal system
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

Studying Help yall . Empty
PostSubject: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:11 pm

Ugh. So I have to study for social studies (learning about South America, the Aztec, & the Inca). Really boring stuff =3= Any tips on how to make studying easier, or more fun? And how to remember what your learning (because it goes in 1 ear and out the other lol)?
Back to top Go down
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:16 pm

That's what we're learning about nap in my class.
But I never pay attention because I need to focus on Math and ELA ._.

But, a couple of things I know are that the Spaniards kidnapped and assassinated the Inca Sovereign.

Corn was popular with the Incas. They made "corn juice". Ack.
Back to top Go down
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Honestly, There is no way to make studying fun. But if you really want to succeed, first you have to read all over your notes. Then, get a sheet of paper and take out the important information ( like things you underlined and highlighted or stuff) and write those down. Then, read over that sheet. It's a study sheet.

That's how I study anyways mk :F
Back to top Go down
ary
Junior Fantagian
ary

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:21 pm

slap your face a good amount of times with the book

jk jk

just sit down, read.
theres really no way you can make it fun.
unless you cheat on the test.
which is not good but if its necessary well idk

chill, get some (insert snack you like here) and start to browse through the book, slowly. Dont get distracted (:
Back to top Go down
http://b-00m.tumblr.com/
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, one must remember that studying isn't really meant to be fun, but perhaps there is some way you can incorporate things you enjoy into your studying? Like, after you're confident you've learned something or you've studied for a certain amount of time, you could reward yourself with something you enjoy doing? I honestly don't know how to make studying a fun process, aha.

The way I memorize and study things is just by reading them aloud a couple of times. Also, when I'm really trying to memorize something I try to study it before I go to bed! It allows the mind to process what you're trying to memorize as you sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Quote :
The way I memorize and study things is just by reading them aloud a couple of times. Also, when I'm really trying to memorize something I try to study it before I go to bed! It allows the mind to process what you're trying to memorize as you sleep.

This. I do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 5:55 pm

I read the answers out loud sometimes, then it gets memorized. I sometimes make the answers and questions into songs so I can enjoy it more, too.
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Ok so what I'm doing is reading the lessons, making notes on Word Pad while I go along. So far I have this many notes:
Spoiler:
That's a lot right? And I still have 5 pages left. Fun. *sarcasm*
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Ehat I do is set a time limit and get a special are and time to study. I don't know any fun way, but by Doing this you should be comfortable and not overworked.
Back to top Go down
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm

S.S. NOTEs:
1 Hiram Bingham was an American archaeologist/explorer who was deeply moved by the geography of south America.
2 south America includes Angel Falls (the world's highest waterfall), the Isthmus of Panama (which connects North & south America) & the Atacama Desert (one of the world's driest regions) The Desert recieves less than half an inch of rain a year and stretches from 20degrees south latitude to about 600 miles south along the Andean coast!
3The Andes Mountains run like a spine down the western coast of SA. They are the world's longest mountain range (stretching about 4,500 miles north-south). The only higher mountains are the Himalaya of Asia. Because of the Andes' high altitudes rainfall, wind patterns, & plant life are affected.
4 Life in the Ande's is hard, but one of SA's most advanced early civilizations developed in the highlands of them! On the slopes of the Andes, potatoes, maize, & peppers are grown.
6The Amazon River (world's largest) in Peru & Brazil drains nearly three million square miles of land & carries almost one fifth of all fresh water on Earth! Also, for many years, sailing the Amazon was the only way to get into central Brazil.
7Because of the thickness of the Amazon rain forest, land travel was prevented until highways were built in the 1960s & 18970s. These forests cover nearly a third of the land if SA. They are also very wet and hot.
8In the central & southern parts of the continent, there are regions of sweeping pampas which look much like the Great Plains of the US.
9Summer is from December-March & Winter is from June-September. At least, it is in SA! Reason is because the equator crosses the northern region of the continent. Also, most of SA is tropical or subtropical because of this!
10In the southern Hemisphere winds tend to move from west-east. But, they also move north toward the equator. The winds tend to drop large amounts of rain (up to 80 inches a year) when coming off the ocean. Ocean currents, such as the most famous (El Nino) affect climate.
11El Nino carries warm water north along much of the west coast of SA. in the 1990s the US had unusually warm winters because of El Nino & other regions had droughts.
12Some of the driest places on Earth are in northern Chile (one region has not had rain in over 14 years!)
13The aztec called themselves "Mexica". In the 1100s they came to the Valley of Mexico, a high valley surrounded by mountains with several lakes. Around 1325 the aztec arrived on the shores of lake texcoco.
14The aztec named Tenochtitlan (the island in lake texcoco) after watching an eagle land on a cactus & eat a snake. Tenochtitlan means "place of the prickly pear cactus" in the aztec language, Nahuatl.
15in 1428 Tenochtitlan joined forces with cities Texcoco & Tlacopan. Together they gainer control of all the Valley of Mexico. But by 1450, aztec power had spread BEYOND the VoM! With Ahuitzotl leading aztec armies, areas west to the Pacific ocean & Quatemala were conquered.
16Huitzilopochtli was the aztec sun god, and they believed he lived on human blood.
17The aztec became wealthy because of the tribute they recieved from conquered cities. Each year, a tribute of over a million loads of food were brought to the aztec capital. Tenochtitlan grew till there was a population of about 150,000.
18@ the top of the aztec social pyramid was the emporor, who led the army, had great religious & political power, and was the richest in all of Tenochtitlan. The aztecs liked to believe he also had godlike powers. The emporer had his own special color (turqoise) meaning no one else was allowed to wear clothing of that color!
19 Below the emporer on the social pyramid were nobles & government workers. Nobles ran the aztec empire by collecting tribute, supervising temple construction, planning/leading wars, & seeing that streets were cleaned.
20Calpulli means "group of houses" in Nahuatl. Most of the population formed capulli, and there were 20. Each had it's own leaders for it's part of the city, had it's own temple, school, & farmland. Members of calpulli worked as merchants, craftworkers, farmers, and soldiers.
21Near the base of the pyramid were landless farmers: they were among the poorest members of society, since they worked for othes and obviously owned no land. However, there was another group below the landless farmers.
22Only about 2% of Tenochtitlan people were enslaved. Most were captured outside of aztec lands and brought to the capital by merchants. Slaves had no freedom and were forced to do what they were told. But, enslaved people had one advantage; their children were free to make their own choices about their lives.
23At it's peak around 1500, Tenochtitlan was a busy center for trade & learning. Aztec doctors could choose from over a thousand different medicines, craftworkers created feather headdresses (gold/copper jewelry, cloth & ceramic jars), and astronomers built on Mayan knowledge to study planitary movements and predict eclipses.
24The temple district was the center of religious life in Tenochtitlan. There were homes/schools for priests, ball courts, and temples for aztec gods. The Great Temple rose as high as an eight story building and was made to honor Tlaloc (rain god) and the sun god, Huitzilopochtli. @ the top of the temple, priests gave sacrifices.
25The inca empire stretches from what is today ecuador to central chile. At it's peak the empire ruled about 12 million people. Like the aztec, the inca worshiped the sun, depended on maize, and organized a strong army.
26 The inca began around 1200 in Cuzco, which, today, is in Peru. During the 1300s they ruled most of the valley & recieved tribute from other groups. In 1438 a ruler named Pachakuti Inca extended Incan borders west to the Pacific ocean and south to Lake Titicaca (in the central Andes)
27The inca army won battles easily. They actually seemed to enjoy war!?!? The word QUECHUA in Incan language means both "to fight" & "to enjoy oneself".
28Pachakuti was called "Sapa Inca" or "Supreme Inca". He set about organizing conquered lands into provinces, appointed local governors, forced defeated people to move, and fave their land to loyal people. He also demanded labor from the Incan.
29Pachakuti spread Inca religion, which centered on a god named Viracocha. Conquered people had to worship the god, but they were also permitted to worship their own gods.
30The inca mined gold (or as they called it; sweat of the sun) and used it to decorate temples to their sun god. He had a temple in Cuzco with a statue of him and a golden garden.
31Cuzco served as the center of trade, government, and religion. The temples and government buildings here were constructed out of stone blocks that fit so well together it was impossible to put a knife between them. They are also earthquake resistant.
32Beyond the main plaza of Cuzco were the palaces of the emperor and nobles. Nobles wore special headbands and earrings in Cuzco.
33outside of Cuzco farmers and workers lived in small mud huts with high windows. There were many government storage buildings with neat piles of wool and cotton cloth, while others contained sailt, dried fruit or maize. There was even a building just to hold hummingbird feathers! ):
34every year the inca emperor and a group of nobles went to a field and dug up the ground with a pure gold plow. This ceremony signaled the importance of agriculture to inca society.
35inca farmers grew maize, potatoes, and peppers. On hills they built terraces, in rocky areas they dug holes and filled them with dead fish to enrich the soil, & they used canals/aqueducts to bring water to dry fields.
36The inca used llamas to carry light items, but some had wool so fine clothing for nobles were made out of it. Incans also hunted deer.
36The inca built a network of highways over 19,000 miles long. One of them climbed high into the Andes and ended in a city known as Machu Picchu.
37Machu Picchu was forgotton about until Hiram Bingham came across it in 1911. Also, another name for inca is 'Children of the Sun".

^THOSE ARE MY NOTES. Ugh. Finally I'm almost done but I gotta reread all of THAT^
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:37 pm

haha the incas and aztecs are actually pretty cool civilizations so try to focus on the more interesting parts?
if you can't do that, try to make a game out of it or reward yourself once you accomplish your goal
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 7:47 pm

What also helps is to look up fun little quizzes on the subject on the Internet! You can also try teaching the info to someone else in your family to help it stick o:
Back to top Go down
SilverBell
Veteran Fantagian
SilverBell

Location : A room in a house in a city in a county in a state in a country in a continent in a planet in a solar system in a galaxy in a universe

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Idk what I do is on Sunday FINALLY get around to doing it, then take a "fifteen minute" break, and go back then take more breaks frequently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetdessert.niceboard.com
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:39 pm

studying is only fun if you enjoy yourself while doing it, so find a method such as a quiz game, flashcards, or something that you prefer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Studying Help yall .   Studying Help yall . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Studying Help yall .
Page 1 of 1