Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Should I start drawing digital?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Madisen
Junior Fantagian
Madisen

Should I start drawing digital? Empty
PostSubject: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:56 pm

I dunno. Should I start? I wanna do line art with pictures from Google but I don't know how. I use Paint Tool Sai.
Back to top Go down
Squirtle
Ultimate Fantagian
Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 pm

You should! It might not look perfect at first, but practice makes perfect!
Back to top Go down
http://nerurumi.deviantart.com/
Madisen
Junior Fantagian
Madisen

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:50 am

I got the flower lineart from Google and just colored it all and added some shading. I think it looks good for my first time.

Should I start drawing digital? Pink_l10

Sorry about the dots, I was testing some stuff out and I wanted to erase them :3
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Yeah, it is. Just don't pillow shade. Smile

And also try to do your own drawings. That's better than just coloring.
Back to top Go down
Madisen
Junior Fantagian
Madisen

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 3:14 pm

I made another flower from Google. I tried not to pillow shade. I have no clue whatsoever of what to draw for my first real drawing!

Here's the flower.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I don't see a reason why you shouldn't start drawings digitally!
So sure, why not? Digital art is fun!
Back to top Go down
Rufistar
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Also, just a question. Why did you get sai if you weren't sure about even doing digital art? Don't youhave to pay?
Back to top Go down
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:41 pm

if you want to but you can't just depend on line art because if you post your line art colouring on a site like dA you can get in trouble because the original sketch isn't yours just the colouring, besides you should try drawing your own stuff cause some people can get mad if your using their line-art without permission.
Back to top Go down
Madisen
Junior Fantagian
Madisen

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Lucky wrote:
if you want to but you can't just depend on line art because if you post your line art colouring on a site like dA you can get in trouble because the original sketch isn't yours just the colouring, besides you should try drawing your own stuff cause some people can get mad if your using their line-art without permission.

You can give them credit.

@Rufistar Someone posted a link on dA that let's you get Sai for free.
Back to top Go down
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Madisen wrote:
Lucky wrote:

You can give them credit.

@Rufistar Someone posted a link on dA that let's you get Sai for free.

yes but they might not want anyone using their line art, you know

plus you don't want to be a pro at colouring and not so good at drawing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:33 am

Actually, many people earn good careers in photography and animation (possibly even more than that) from learning a lot about shading, lighting, color theories, and so forth. Plus, if some people dont want their line-art used, you should just say, "Okay, just make sure whoever youre getting your line-art from actually gives you permission to use them!"

Also, why not? Keep practicing and experimenting with digital brushes, textures, and learn a lot about layering and special effects, as well as important tools and requirements like smoothing/pen pressure. The more you practice, the more you learn. Go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Veteran Fantagian
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Cool! I like how you shade the flower :'>
yesh, Do digital drawings.. kekeke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I start drawing digital?   Should I start drawing digital? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I start drawing digital?
Page 1 of 1