Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...

Go down 
+12
Officer Number Two
Oliver
jellybiscuit
Gabriella
flower
alison
Primrose
Silver
Lineesa
alex
Flynn
Miranda2
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Miranda2
Dedicated Fantagian
Miranda2

A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Empty
PostSubject: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:42 pm

My Rant:

I think this is my first rant.... sorry it was kinda long. I hope I got my point across.
Back to top Go down
http://ladymirandam.tumblr.com/
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Okay, I'm going to get my butt handed to me for saying this.

Guys get harassed about their bodies, too. I'm really thin and lanky, and sometimes I'm made to feel like I should be more muscular and strong looking, just like girls are pressured to be thin and have big boobs. It's really insulting and sort of intimidating, but no one pays any attention. It's like it's my fault or something. 

Also, there's all this crap about our personalities as well. We have to be aggressive half the time and gallant the other half, and it's our "job" to make the first move in relationships. If we ask a girl for help, we're weak.

Sexism isn't just a girl thing. It goes both ways.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Jeff wrote:

Guys get harassed about their bodies, too. I'm really thin and lanky, and sometimes I'm made to feel like I should be more muscular and strong looking, just like girls are pressured to be thin and have big boobs. It's really insulting and sort of intimidating, but no one pays any attention. It's like it's my fault or something. 

Also, there's all this crap about our personalities as well. We have to be aggressive half the time and gallant the other half, and it's our "job" to make the first move in relationships. If we ask a girl for help, we're weak.

kinda agree with you here,however the fact the throughout the years, women have always been looked down upon. of course, both genders go through their share of discrimination but women tend to be more exposed (??? is that the word for it i dont know) to sexism??? i dont know how to word that correctly but what im trying to say is that even though guys may feel discriminated against they have so many rights than compared to women like i dont even think its appropriate to talk about """"Mens Rights"""" u feel
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:25 pm

whiz kid lance wrote:
Jeff wrote:

kinda agree with you here,however the fact the throughout the years, women have always been looked down upon. of course, both genders go through their share of discrimination but women tend to be more exposed (??? is that the word for it i dont know) to sexism??? i dont know how to word that correctly but what im trying to say is that even though guys may feel discriminated against they have so many rights than compared to women like i dont even think its appropriate to talk about """"Mens Rights"""" u feel
Yeah, I totally understand that. Men kind of do have an unfair upper hand in society, but I was pretty sure we were mainly talking about body image though. But I get your point.
Back to top Go down
Lineesa
Passionate Fantagian
Lineesa

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Since most of humanity has spent it's time not letting women have the same rights as men, It's sorta engraved society's head as the norm. But that was a while ago and women have pretty much equal rights with men now, depending on where you live. Some men, if not most, still objectify women. Rating a woman's quality as a person based on the size of her bosom or how she dresses. And just like Jeff said, it could go the same way for a man based on his masculinity.
Back to top Go down
http://lineesa.deviantart.com/
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Yeah, I do agree. Women's rights. In my social studies class, all the boys are like. "You know whats a joke? WOMEN'S RIGHTS BWAHAHAHAHA" or "now look at a girl in their natural habitat the kitchen." I do feel like men sometimes treat women like we are some kind of toy. This has happened since the beginning of time.
Back to top Go down
Primrose
Ultimate Fantagian
Primrose

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Surely, both men and women are victims of discrimination by gender and sexism. A standard has been created, and It is just wrong. Women are supposed to have big breasts and a big bottom to be appealing and men should be manly, tall and muscular. That is what 'perfect' is like to them. But we should be able to do whatever we like. Men can't go against women in any sport and that is just discriminating. If a boy beats a girl, the boy has the reputation of 'beating an indefensible being'. But if a girl beats a boy, the boy is made fun of because he lost to a girl. That is offensive to both. Whoever came up that boys are stronger than girls, is really crazy. I believe that there should be equality in genders. A girl can be chubby. A boy can be thin. Everyone should be able to be however they like without getting judged or prejudiced. Every boy doesn't have to love sports and every girl doesn't have to be girly.

Peace may now settle. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://creativecloud.forummotion.com/
alison
Regular Fantagian
alison

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:15 pm

i agree with everything you've said.
also, if a guy sleeps around, he's known as a hero.
however, if a girl does it, she gets branded as a slut, whore etc.
tbh, it's mostly women who get degraded and it's a shame that society has created the "perfect image" of what a woman should be.
Back to top Go down
Miranda2
Dedicated Fantagian
Miranda2

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Jeff wrote:

I know but it is mostly women. With a man it doesn't matter how you look in a swim suit cause' you got shorts on and you can even wear a swim top.
Back to top Go down
http://ladymirandam.tumblr.com/
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Electrified♥ wrote:
tbh, it's mostly women who get degraded and it's a shame that society has created the "perfect image" of what a woman should be.
Basically this. It is seen as something to celebrate when a boy is a player or what not, but if a girl sleeps with about two-three guys, she's known as that. I don't wanna say it because that language isn't really appropriate for the forum..

Anyways, I do agree with a lot that you've said in your post.
Back to top Go down
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian
Gabriella

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Jeff wrote:

Yea I agree with both you and Infinite. It's the same thing with boys as it is with girls. It's bad both ways. NO ONE should set a standard on how people should look, act, or think. It's just wrong.
Back to top Go down
alison
Regular Fantagian
alison

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:22 pm

Gabriella wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Yea I agree with both you and Infinite. It's the same thing with boys as it is with girls. It's bad both ways. NO ONE should set a standard on how people should look, act, or think. It's just wrong.
THIS.
Back to top Go down
jellybiscuit
Rookie Fantagian
jellybiscuit

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:25 pm

So basically youre saying girls are diffrent from boys.
Back to top Go down
Gabriella
Dedicated Fantagian
Gabriella

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:45 pm

jellybiscuit wrote:
So basically youre saying girls are diffrent from boys.
Yea kinda. Everyone is different. People look,talk,think, and act differently. But we are all human. That's the only thing that all people have in common.

But no one has to be the same.

I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND MY OWN POST, SO I CROSSED IT OUT.

Last edited by Gabriella on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Electrified♥ wrote:
if youre going to talk about topics like these with words like these may you please put it in a spoiler? as these topics shoudl be talked about but also not be seen by younger people.
--
anyway, men definitely have it better than girls, to the point where its not worth talking about mens issues as much as its worth to talk about womens issues
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian
Officer Number Two

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Actually, I think women just complain about their rights a lot.

Sure, they might have been degraded in the past, but enough is enough. They have plenty of rights now. Yet they still say they're being degraded.

And if they say they're being degraded because of them being hot or whatever, it's their fault. Take Miley Cirus, for example. She does it on purpose. If it's the men's fault in the first place, the women obviously aren't protesting very much about it if they're making such weird music videos.

Either that or most of the modern singers today have minds poisoned by society.
Back to top Go down
Snow
Legendary Fantagian
Snow

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Cherry235 wrote:

Sure, they might have been degraded in the past, but enough is enough. They have plenty of rights now. Yet they still say they're being degraded.

And if they say they're being degraded because of them being hot or whatever, it's their fault. Take Miley Cirus, for example. She does it on purpose. If it's the men's fault in the first place, the women obviously aren't protesting very much about it if they're making such weird music videos.

I completely agree with everything cherry235 just said.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:19 pm

everyone on this topic is making me laugh lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:30 pm

three reasons i can be lJAughing
1). Twinkies make me feel funyn
2). This topic is full of fake feminists
3). debating whetehrr or not to slap ya butts with baby powdder
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Cherry235 wrote:

i literally just dug my nails in2 my arm so hard when i saw this its starting to bleed that is the amount of anger you have unleashed from the cAscat ok ur wrong
THEY ARE STILL DEGRADED!!! WOMEN ARE STILL DEGRADED WOAH WHAT A CONCEPT RIGHT??
i have been degraded and other things just because of my "sex" and it's not nice or pleasant and some of the things that have happened to me due to my sex still bug me to this day when they happened years ago so if you're going to say that women aren't degraded today anymore you are wrong wrong wrong and wrong once again (won't mention anything bc of the kiddos on here ok)
IF A WOMAN IS DEGRADED BECAUSE MEN THINK SHE'S HOT GUESS WHAT??? IT's still not her fault bc she should be allowed the right to dress and act however she wants without men degrading her with rude 'names' or objectifying her
the women should be allowed to make the ""weird"" music videos
i've seen so many men do it and?? they're never degraded for it
people never talk about how ~omg sinful~ they are and they never use the words which are used to shame women (u guys know which ones i'm talking about i think) on men for the same exact reason
it is a complete double standard and it's disgusting, quite frankly
there is nothing wrong with being sexy or sexual or w/e at all EVER
if a woman chooses to do it it's her choice and it shouldn't be seen as shameful
she should not be shamed or objectified because of it
and men aren't
i've literally never seen a man have to hear or go through what women do when they do things which society perceives as ""sexual""
so there u go
women are also still not paid as much as men and etc etc
still
so once again??t here u go
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:36 pm

@cascougar: u know i love u cat but im feelIn it rn tyvm 4 this

but then we will slowly watch the sheeps mind switch to this.  yea
Back to top Go down
jellybiscuit
Rookie Fantagian
jellybiscuit

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Women's rights should be the same as men's rights with the exception that they may need a little different treatment when it comes to anatomical differences (maternity leave).

The main thing, though, is that the rights a woman has should not infringe upon the rights men have and take away their rights. Same goes for women vs. children and babies, and (in my opinion) fetuse.

If you are a female; The most difficult critical men to talk to in the whole world are the first world American men. Aside from American egoism partnered with paranoia's. Women who fight and keep talking about their right as a woman of principality and ingenuity, undergo first physical combat lead most women to be subjected to domestic violence,likewise murdered or missing forever.

I don't think their is that women's right to be realized not unless these first world chauvinism of men in traditional ego against women will be at least be minded by legislation and should part of a state constitution of ethics of every country regarless of first world or 8th world in derogatory prejudice of so called men of first world in ressession..
Back to top Go down
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:27 pm

If you really think it's hard to talk to men as a woman in america I'd like to see you talk to men who come from countries where women have little to no rights...
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:51 pm

ahh first of all is this topic looking REALLY WEIRD to anyone else like the layout??
--
i do think women have it harder here, and they can complain, small steps are steps, even in places where women have  lots of rights, an improvement for a group of people is an improvement. men dont have it as hard, ,
and though i do agree with klaviel/cas, dont call people sheep thats,, pretty mean of you,
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
flower
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 am

Oliver wrote:
ahh first of all is this topic looking REALLY WEIRD to anyone else like the layout??
--
i do think women have it harder here, and they can complain, small steps are steps, even in places where women have  lots of rights, an improvement for a group of people is an improvement. men dont have it as hard, ,
and though i do agree with klaviel/cas, dont call people sheep thats,, pretty mean of you,
Yes, I noticed that, too. It seems to be fixed now, but it was weird. I think that Woman's Rights is a very serious topic, though, and I'm pretty sure it'll start a little wildfire of drama..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...   A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Little Rant About Women's Rights I Guess...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next