Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

????

Go down 
+20
Hibiki Kuze
chitchatcitylover
o
Demonica Bishi
Link
YEEZUS
Officer Number Two
Rue
flandre
Oliver
Silver
snake
evan
Essence
Snow
alex
Katerina Petrova
Flynn
hikayamasan353
el
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

???? Empty
PostSubject: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:59 am

kind of sad to see the forum just sort of die off. i remember checking the forum every hour or two and having lots of fun until posting game threads started to spam, then post average per day started to just get smaller. i hardly check the forum anymore, but there's only about 5 posts or so per day from what i see and that makes me pretty upset. not even the posting game threads are being spammed out anymore.
really hope the forum can become a bit more active again, but i definitely won't be surprised if it doesn't.
sorry this thread was probably pointless but yeah man i dunno 'n'
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

Location : Ukraine, K***-ken, K***-shi, ***-ku, ***-chome, 2-3-1

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 am

I think that we just need more users and stuff to share. I also had same situation when I was on Kidzworld.com - there were barely few new threads and posts, lesser friends online... Maybe, that's because often social networking websites and forums can cause boredom, and people try to find other solutions for having fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.paigeeworld.com/u/hikayamasan353
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:52 am

While I acknowledge that FF is dying, I don't believe there's much we can do about it.
Most of the the more active users have quit by now, and the ones that are still around mostly just lurk. It's been some time since I've seen new topics. There aren't even many RPs and posting games anymore.
I'll admit I haven't been doing much to help revive the forum. I'm not really good at starting topics of mutual interest, and lately I've been putting more focus on other things and can't be on as much as I used to be.
It may be time to give up.
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:47 am

I think that we don't need to give up. We need at least soften the rules to increase the time after which the thread will be considered as "necroposting". This at least will increase the hope of users to be able 'legally' to update their threads.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:15 am

hikayamasan353 wrote:
I think that we don't need to give up. We need at least soften the rules to increase the time after which the thread will be considered as "necroposting". This at least will increase the hope of users to be able 'legally' to update their threads.
This is like, the millionth time you've suggested this.
...While I can see how that might be advantageous, that's up to the administrators to decide.
Back to top Go down
Katerina Petrova
Devoted Fantagian
Katerina Petrova

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:16 pm

I don't think the administrators even come on, they do come on occasionally, but the forum is just so dead, it all posting games. Its really annoying and upsetting but I agree, there isn't that much that we can do.
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:12 pm

((oops sorry i just noticed i made 1000 grammar mistakes. 'A'))

yeah, i guess lots of people are just getting older and outgrowing the forums (and fantage in general).
technically there is a few things that we could do, but it honestly wouldn't help in the long run. even if it did, we'd end up with just a slightly bigger and slightly more active community than we have now.
the fact that the staff doesn't post at all doesn't really help either, but again with outgrowing the forums? i'm pretty sure all of them are busy with other things like school at the moment.
still pretty upset over this, though. u_u
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 pm

i only check here when i'm bored tbh
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:55 pm

I actually think that the conception of "outgrowing" forums and websites is not that actual. As a fact, my friend's sister is an adult and she still plays Moshi Monsters (which is actually more popular amongst very, very young (5-8 y.o.) children). Also, there are many kids who use websites they are not supposed to use (i.e. there are around 8 million children on facebook). Enforcing age limits (both minimum and maximum) can just badly impact the website's audience. For instance, Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (which actually just requires U.S. commercial websites to have parental consent if they allow kids to join) just makes websites to altogether block children, which leads people to mass hysteria on both sides of allowing or disallowing kids to join. Or, if the website has its own age policies, people just get in fear of being considered as being "too old"/"too young" to use - therefore, enacting legal ageism. I used to be a member of Kidzworld.com from 15 to 18 years old of age. When I just turned 18, I thought I won't even be able to talk to kids online at all. Adult games also have younger fans (when I was 11, I was playing GTA San Andreas), and kids games can also have older fans. So the conception of "outgrowing" is not that actual.
However, for kids/teens/other people who draw anime and fantage-related stuff, this forum may be very perfect place. Since DeviantArt's system is very strict and not reliable (both accounts and 'deviations' - drawings can be deleted without restoring), I may suggest uploading pictures to image hosting services such as:
http://www.savepic.su
http://www.tinypic.com
http://www.freeimagehosting.net
then pasting the BBCodes or links to the forum. This would be more reliable than linking it to deviantart.
If staff doesn't post, we may try to hire or vote for new ones. On Kidzworld, as far as I've experienced, nobody besides Gracie, Cicada nor even Allen, the admin etc does actually moderate the website. Also they don't even hire new junior moderators, and if hire - just by their decision instead of actually hearing the public opinion of the forum about who can actually become a junior moderator.
Maybe, people just move out to facebook >.<
Back to top Go down
Snow
Legendary Fantagian
Snow

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

It's because some time last year or so a bunch if people quit. I do miss the times when they were on..

Back to top Go down
Essence
Senior Fantagian
Essence

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:15 pm

It's true... When I quit there were still quite a lot of people on, but when I came back, only 1 person posted on my 'I'm Back!' (Or whatever I posted) post... so sad... >.< There really isn't much we can do. Unless we want to advertise on Fantage and go around shouting to people to join the forum, like some people do to the blogs...
Some of the only things being posted on are the posting games...
I know a lot of people hate the spamming of posting games, but it is one of the only things people post on and find enjoyable I guess.. It really is one of the only things that people post on...
And it's true there are no RP anymore. I don't think I saw a single post on RP since I came back.. O.O
Back to top Go down
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:44 pm

hhh i'm actually sad that its dead???? i mean i only joined november 2012 im actually sad that its already over though!!! we shouldnt give up yet!! we should try to get everything back together maybe someone can contact mace so he can give the founder power to someone else because you can do that apparently!! but um,,, yeah i go on fantage now and then i kinda lost my premium membership though so im really just not into anything anymore
Back to top Go down
snake
Former Staff
Former Staff

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 pm

this place has been around so long that most of the older users
(not age-wise, i'm talking like forum veterans) don't spend time
here anymore – outgrowing things, getting bored of them, y'know?
all the staff members are older users – in fact, i'm the second
oldest user on here, and i kinda got bored of coming on here
because things just.. weren't the same.

if you ask me, it's honestly about time this place died, as rude
as that sounds. it's been over four years and mace is too uptight
to trust anybody to actually keep things on here exciting and
worth being around for. in fact, he hasn't even been on since late
january. and honestly, i'm pretty sure a good portion of the more
mature users on here don't even play fantage anymore.

i don't really care what happens to this place, in truth. things
haven't been like they used to be on here for a really long time,
which is why i stopped coming online as often as i used to; i used
to log on every day for several hours, but that was a few years back.

all good things come to an end.
it's about time this one did.
Back to top Go down
hikayamasan353
Senior Fantagian
hikayamasan353

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Anyways, this is not time to end up with this forum. When older users get out, NEW ones will come anyways. We need to trust new members and open a forum to them.
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:45 pm

^ yeah, we have new people joining every day. but take everyone out that doesn't make an introduction thread, now take everyone out that doesn't stay on the forum for at least a month.
at that rate, we really can't rely on the newer users to make the forum active again. sure, they may help, but still. we don't get enough that stay and actively post.

i guess there really isn't a ton that we can do. the forum is pretty old too honestly.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:06 pm

I really miss this lovely forum that was so active. I want to come back on here but it's hard when there isn't much excitement around. I feel like I am literally attached to this forum and it makes my heart break that it just is dying. I used to love it even though I was a loner. This was an awesome forum. The best forum in the world. I think we should lay it to rest soon. It has been over a couple years and it's time.
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 10:13 pm

i realize im not a very active member, and i apologize..!! but what snake said's definitely true, the forums definitely different, but clinging onto nostalgia's real stupid, letting a forum grow and change is important.

unfortunately, an inactive staff (myself included) and an admin that isnt willing to add new staff, and little new posts is making thsi forum not grow. its definitely grown a lot over the years, but if it dies, hey, it dies. what can you do?

if alex or mace are willing to add new staff members, they should definitely say so.

as for me, im sorry about my inactivity!! i quickly became interested in rolelaying (tumblr) after becoming a mod, and ive been very drawn into it!!! i have been doing it a lot, and now i have something else to do whe imbored!

awful sorry, and i do really hope the best for this forum, whether im a part of it or not!
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:56 am

i got attached to the forum i used to go on before here

dont give up, invite your friends and wait till summer

some people cant come until summer
Back to top Go down
Rue
Expert Fantagian
Rue

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm sad that the forums dieing.... I loved it...But 4 years...sheesh thats long for a forum to be active everyones moving onto facebook...I'm obsessed with Minecraft and youtube....I am just sad it is dieing So many memories...
Back to top Go down
flandre
Expert Fantagian
flandre

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Rue wrote:
I'm sad that the forums dieing.... I loved it...But 4 years...sheesh thats long for a forum to be active everyones moving onto facebook...I'm obsessed with Minecraft and youtube....I am just sad it is dieing So many memories...
facebook sucks tbh.
Back to top Go down
Officer Number Two
Loyal Fantagian
Officer Number Two

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Someone just make a freaking rp alreadeh!!!! DX

How should I say this;

This will sound weird, but erm...we're making the forum more active by posting topics about how it isn't active? lol XD

All I can say is that if we are really this sad about it then, erm...
why aren't we doing anything? Like coughhackgroanmakingrpscoughgroanhackwheeze

Either we come up with something exciting that will get users to post every five minutes or the forum dies. Very slow and painful death, though...its clinging for dear life on the edge of a cliff and we can't find it to save it. But seriously we shouldn't whine and groan about it and do something about it? Feeling sorry for the forum won't do anything to save it...
Back to top Go down
snake
Former Staff
Former Staff

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:16 pm

i hate to burst your bubble, but roleplaying threads won't really... help make the forum "active" again, at least not by the standards conferred.

the fact that posting games make up 9/10 of the most active threads (4/10 over a thousand total posts and 6/10 at 990 and nearing 1000) isn't really helping either. posting games don't really make a forum 'active'.

the "members connected during the last 99 hours" section has plummeted; it used to be well over a hundred – two hundred, even – and now we're not even at 50 (excluding hidden users including myself that may still frequent), while it was at 20 a couple weeks ago.

people aren't logging on anymore because there isn't really anything worth logging on for, if that makes sense. the forum has become so run down that people stopped coming on; they found new places to go to, new friends to talk to and this place wasn't really in their interests anymore.

you are correct, moping won't help anything, but there really isn't much else for people to do. staff aren't active, the only threads active don't really relate to the actual forum topic anymore. if anything, we'd need a forum where people can talk about anything and do anything, but this isn't really the place, considering the fact that it's centered around a children's game and few of the active users actually play it anymore. the drawn audience shows up expecting fantage related things when the forum isn't really about fantage at all, so they leave.
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:13 pm

the forum is p boring idk there are other forums out there and i only come on here as a joke now p much. if u want to roleplay, you could always join a roleplaying website or forum, or even start roleplaying on tumblr or st! i actually used to frequent and eventually help mod a roleplay forum, but sadly it's not really active anymore (it was magnithus if anyone remembers that idk).
i don't know, but there are a lot of alternatives to this forum that are a lot more active. the forum's been dying for a while and tbh i'm surprised more people hadn't seen it coming but w/e. i don't really get the people getting emotional over it either? it's just a forum.
if you wanted to you could always make your own forum, too, and invite your friends from here on it. but you'd actually have to have an active staff, which fantageforum doesn't.
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:17 pm

guys??? dotnt forget theres always tumblr Wink)
theres also that, to make your own forum p much i made 4 my legacy is over
btu who cares just go live your life free liek a bird like the yaso eagle
just..... live life Cool thats what im doing children *plunges away*
Back to top Go down
YEEZUS
Veteran Fantagian
YEEZUS

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Mado wrote:
guys??? dotnt forget theres always tumblr Wink)
theres also that, to make your own forum p much i made 4 my legacy is over
btu who cares just go live your life free liek a bird like the yaso eagle
just..... live life Cool thats what im doing children *plunges away*
the problem w/ the tumblr thing is a lot of the kids/users here are...kind of young for tumblr. there are a lot of incredibly harmful, damaging things and communities on there, so...yeah. also people who use tumblr have the tendency to be annoying af lmao.
and there is a reason for the age limit in regards to tumblr registration. obviously a lot of people don't pay mind to that, otherwise there wouldn't be as many annoying 10-12 year old kids on there complaining about ~ageism~ and bastardizing asian culture (basically what the majority of the kids that age do on tumblr)
Back to top Go down
http://lindsaylochan.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ????   ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

????
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fantage Forum :: Forum :: Forum Discussion-
Jump to: