Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Some questions about braces

Go down 
+4
evan
ahri
Essence
Hallow ween
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hallow ween
Veteran Fantagian
Hallow ween

Location : RATE THIS LOCATION A 10 OR ELSE... *cracks knuckles*

Some questions about braces Empty
PostSubject: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 pm

So I just got braces and I have a few questions about them:
Can I:
Suck on starburts instead of chewing them
Suck on lollipops
Eat peeps
Suck on Laffy taffy instead of chewing it
Suck on chips so make them softer and then eat it

Basically, can I suck on things instead of chewing them, that won't break my brackets right? I mean, the worst that will happen is that the sugar in the candy gets in between the brackets and I have to brush right afterwards.. I think
Back to top Go down
Essence
Senior Fantagian
Essence

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Suck on starburts instead of chewing them: Yes.
Suck on lollipops: Yes.
Eat peeps: Eat people?.... No. I don't know what that is sorry xD
Suck on Laffy taffy instead of chewing it: Yes.
Suck on chips so make them softer and then eat it: Yes. Seriously though? You can chew them without the sucking part.

I've got 4 years of experience young lady, so don't you worry xD I've got you.
Ok. The first week is going to hurt like heck, so all of the above is going to apply.
But... After you get used to them, and they feel like a part of your mouth, you can chew them all.. At least I was able to. You can even chew gum for goodness sake. SHOCKER. It really just depends on the sturdiness of your braces. You'll kind of figure that out on your own through-out your whole braces journey. I wish you luck ^-^ If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. :3
Back to top Go down
ahri
Regular Fantagian
ahri

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:21 am

ahhhh im getting braces soon Sad theyre gonna pull out fOUR OF MY TEETH //drops dead
Back to top Go down
http://yehot.tumblr.com
evan
Hero Fantagian
evan

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:45 am

im literally getting braces in a week and a half and then getting bonds because my teeth are too small?? hh

well i guess its fine, im sure you can still do a lot with braces
Back to top Go down
Takeshi
Dedicated Fantagian
Takeshi

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:39 pm

I'll warn you about food stuck to your braces, especially bread,seeds and meat. You don't wanna be smiling with a seed that is stuck on your braces! ;A;
Back to top Go down
Hallow ween
Veteran Fantagian
Hallow ween

Location : RATE THIS LOCATION A 10 OR ELSE... *cracks knuckles*

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Essence wrote:
Suck on starburts instead of chewing them: Yes.
Suck on lollipops: Yes.
Eat peeps: Eat people?.... No. I don't know what that is sorry xD
Suck on Laffy taffy instead of chewing it: Yes.
Suck on chips so make them softer and then eat it: Yes. Seriously though? You can chew them without the sucking part.

I've got 4 years of experience young lady, so don't you worry xD I've got you.
Ok. The first week is going to hurt like heck, so all of the above is going to apply.
But... After you get used to them, and they feel like a part of your mouth, you can chew them all.. At least I was able to. You can even chew gum for goodness sake. SHOCKER. It really just depends on the sturdiness of your braces. You'll kind of figure that out on your own through-out your whole braces journey. I wish you luck ^-^ If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. :3
Thanks! Peeps are Marshemellows covered in sugar and sometimes they have different flavors like bubblegum. Also I guess my braces aren't that sturdy because my orthodontist said I can't eat gum, anything that ends in itos/eetos (liked Fritos, Cheetos, etc), and hard things. Also 4 years? Wow, that's a pretty long time :O

@ameiji, my brother had to pull out 4 teeth too. I would have to pull some teeth out too, but I got braces early so I didn't have to

@takeshi yea I hate how everything gets stuck xD

@alo getting braces barely hurt but it started to hurt after a few hours. It's like one minute they don't hurt at all and then the next minute you feel like your teeth are gonna fall off Razz
Back to top Go down
Essence
Senior Fantagian
Essence

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Hallow ween wrote:
Thanks! Peeps are Marshemellows covered in sugar and sometimes they have different flavors like bubblegum. Also I guess my braces aren't that sturdy because my orthodontist said I can't eat gum, anything that ends in itos/eetos (liked Fritos, Cheetos, etc), and hard things. Also 4 years? Wow, that's a pretty long time :O

Ooh... I'm pretty sure you can eat those too. And for reals? I think all braces are going to be the same. All my friends were eating gum, and our orthodontists have told us we can't chew gum too.. xD I think most people chew it anyways. I only chewed it 2-4 times in my 4 years, and my brackets were just fine. Unless you want to listen to them and not eat any candy. That is entirely up to you. ^-^ I'm just going to say you can eat literally EVERYTHING you used to be able to eat. They just want you to be cautious. :3 But to be safe, suck on the candies. (Which you are probably already going to do)
Ah and EVERYONE eats chips with braces xD That's not going to be a problem.
Just start eating these things after you're comfortable with them in your mouth and all that jazz.

A little memory...:

It's a pretty funny experience once you look back on it.
Good luck to all of you with, or getting braces! ^.-
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 am

I've had braces for a year now and tbh potato chips are pretty much the easiest things in the world to eat. In fact most of the things on your list aren't bad at all! As long as you rinse your mouth out with water after eating these foods, you should be good. The only thing on your list I would be careful about is Starbursts. You can chew almost any type of gum you want with braces since gum is soft, but I've found that starbursts tend to stick to your braces.

Here are some things I try to avoid:
-popcorn: you can still eat it, just the kernels can get stuck in your braces sometimes
-caramel: it's really sugary and sticky so it will get stuck in your braces a lot of times
-biting into apples: these are one of the few things that can break your brackets, so make sure to always slice your apples
-celery: i hate to avoid such a sweet vegetable, but the celery straws always get stuck in my braces

Like Essence said, you can eat anything you want. It's really just a matter of being careful about not getting food stuck on your braces or breaking your brackets.
Back to top Go down
Catloid
Junior Fantagian
Catloid

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 1:01 pm

I broke my braces on a bacon cheeseburger.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Everything they tell you is lies.

I've had my braces for over three years, and believe me I'm a complete gum/popcorn addict who has never broken a single bracket.

The only thing to worry about with braces is that they hurt. A lot. For days on end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about braces   Some questions about braces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some questions about braces
Page 1 of 1