Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(

Go down 
+4
Winnowill
ashley123
Makkine
Sparkle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparkle
Junior Fantagian
Sparkle

HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Stupid question, but how do you deal with math tests?? Like, what do you do so you're not too stressed? Whenever I have a math test or quiz I get sooo freaked out! I had half the test today and was SO scared! And tomorrow I have the other half of the math test AND a spanish quiz. (Not too scared for the quiz ;)) Im usually pretty confident, but when it comes to math tests... well lets just say then Im not xPP So how do you cope with the stress??? And how can I convince myself that having a math test is not the end of the world, cuz thats what it feels like. Thank youuu

~SPARKLE! ;)
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Not study.

I am not even kidding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Makkine wrote:
Not study.

I am not even kidding.

Yep, Makkine is right. Studying brings you stress.
I heard sugar helps, try to eat a healthy breakfeast, too.
Back to top Go down
ashley123
Loyal Fantagian
ashley123

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Makkine wrote:
Not study.

I am not even kidding.

Honestly, I've tried this too, it actually does help.

If its like a serious test that you have to pass or you won't get through to the next grade or whatever, I would consider studying.
Back to top Go down
http://foreverfriends.canadian-forum.com/

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:07 pm

ashley123 wrote:
Makkine wrote:
Not study.

I am not even kidding.

If its like a serious test that you have to pass or you won't get through to the next grade or whatever, I would consider studying.
Well it's not even close to the end of the year, so it's definetley not the state test.
If you push yourself too hard then you're just like ijsgj'SD. Memorizing facts is good, but don't push yourself.
Sometimes I play games because they're easier...lol.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 pm

ashley123 wrote:
Makkine wrote:
Not study.

I am not even kidding.

She asked for a way to relieve her stress, not a way to pass the test. Though it's fairly easy to pass any test if you pay attention during class. Making connections between ideas is a much better study habit than cramming facts at the last minute. Just some help, it's always worked for me!

@Mr Taost: We're having out state test the week after the next, so you never know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Makkine wrote:
@Mr Taost: We're having out state test the week after the next, so you never know.
Really? I thought state tests come at the at the end of the school year, lol.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Mr.Taost wrote:
Makkine wrote:
Really? I thought state tests come at the at the end of the school year, lol.
We have two, one at the middle of the year and one near the end. Those don't count for our grades, though. What we really need to do well on are the final exams, which come right before winter break and right at the end of the year. We're having our finals the same week we're having the state tests, too.

Yeah, we suck u-u
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 pm

I find that listening to music while you study helps a lot...
Back to top Go down
Owl
Loyal Fantagian
Owl

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 am

Try to connect the math problems with real-life situations.
Think about what you're trying to do and go step-by-step thinking only of what current step you're on, then move on to the next one [step].

Stress? Calm down and focus on the math problems, not the "OMG I ONLY HAVE, LIKE, 30 MIN. TO FINISH THIS TEST. WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOO?!?!? OK OK OK CALM DOWN. BREATHE, INHALE, EXHALE. LIKE, OMGGG!!!"

Math test is the end of the world? Get over it. I used to have this problem because grades seem so important, but think about it. It's just a math test. If you're not in high school yet, it doesn't matter. Colleges only look at your high school GPA. And employers look at your grades in college [if you go. There could be a chance they look at your high school grades if you don't attend college or go for an immediate job]. If you have pretty good grades in all your other classes, failing your math test isn't so bad.

Just chill and take the test.
Back to top Go down
http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:27 am

DONOTSTUDY.
But get off the computer. Hun, it's not easy when it comes to MATHS. I got really bad marks, because guess what? I STUDIED TOO HARD. I GOT 17½ OUT OF 25 HHHHADWAHVS But get off the computer, cuz' when you're on it all the things you've learnt gets washed away.
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
Bubbles
Loyal Fantagian
Bubbles

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 am

Don't study about 1/4 of my classmates do better not studying for tests, the rest choose to study... but the next day get a lot of sleep and eat something healthy for breakfast...

Plus study only causes stress and most people actually do spend most of their time that they should be sleeping, actually studying, so when they go to school they don't really remember anything since their brain's not functioning well because of lack of sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://justmeforeverx.wordpress.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am

go to bed earlier.
Eat breakfast, but no stupid cereal get eggs and milk if possible, that's where the real food is.
People say don't study,which is okay but you don't have to. Not everyone does better without studying.
Get off the dam computer ;P

I can't really help because I have never in my life had anxiety about a test, usually I find test taking strategies very annoying. It just depends of the person. Don't stress out, study if need be (and seeing as it's math which is the most important subject out there I would study if I were you especially if your gut-feeling is thinking you'll fail the test).

That's about it. Like I said I never have been worried about a test, even final exams don't scare me. Just don't freak out over nothing, unless this is a major test I don't think you should worry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(   HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOW TO DEAL WITH MATH TESTS???? :'(
Page 1 of 1