Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?

Go down 
+9
MsJoyMaeda
Weekays
candyx3ii
o
Abbey
pokeranger
Aphrodite
isolxtedsystem
Bubbles
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Bubbles
Loyal Fantagian
Bubbles

My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Empty
PostSubject: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:40 pm

So, while I was browsing and such, this ad popped up and when I tried clicking it away, it sent me to this website and from that site, I got 3 trojan infections to my laptop (this message box popped up), is their anyway to clear it?
Back to top Go down
http://justmeforeverx.wordpress.com
isolxtedsystem
Dedicated Fantagian
isolxtedsystem

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:47 pm

You need to download a anti-spyware program. I consider using Norton or McAfee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Lucifer wrote:
You need to download a anti-spyware program. I consider using Norton or McAfee.
norton is a scam
im not even kidding
norton is the one that CREATES the virus
also idk how to solve it
you could try restarting your computer (like the system and everything) but you would lose your files and stuff
thats what i would do
it works for me
Back to top Go down
isolxtedsystem
Dedicated Fantagian
isolxtedsystem

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Whatever. -___-
Avira Free Antivirus. It's free and better.
Norton, you have to pay money.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite
Senior Fantagian
Aphrodite

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:51 pm

@ At Toast, I've never heard of Norton creating virus', but try AVG, I got a virus once, all I did was scan my computer through AVG, than through the final report, I selected the virus and cleared them.

If that doesn't work, if you have an administrator account on your computer, get the admin to log on, normally some pop up sign should appear, then you can press that pop up, which should lead to a message saying that malware has been detected, I think there should be a solution to delete it, or to uninstall a program.
Back to top Go down
pokeranger
Hero Fantagian
pokeranger

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:06 pm

I use Trebd Micro. Either Kasoersjy or Norton caused a virus for mine. Jisngkei
Back to top Go down
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:40 am

norton doesn't cause viruses.

if you're looking to remove a virus, get malwarebytes. it's free and it removes like all viruses.
it just doesn't offer you protection in the future, so pair it with something else
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:07 am

If I was you, I would turn off (shut down) my computer when the add popped up, then turn it back on to see if it went away. Even if you click the X button on those things, it could be dangerous. Blinking ads are always viruses, and if they pop up on a webpage( different from a pop up ad), they won't go away, but if you don't click on it, nothing will happen. I'm really sorry this happened to you, and I unfortunately have no idea how to fix these things. Just remember, sometimes you can't just close an ad, you have to be extra careful and stop everything you are doing in order for it to go away.
Back to top Go down
candyx3ii
Rookie Fantagian
candyx3ii

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm

I actually had the same problem as your's a couple of times. What I did was I downloaded Malwarebytes and scanned my computer and it cleared away all the virus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.candiez-delight.webs.com
Weekays
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:48 am

I would use Tune up Utilities 2012 Malwarebytes AVG maybe because it works for me and im never gonna say i never did because when you say that it happens
Back to top Go down
MsJoyMaeda
Hero Fantagian
MsJoyMaeda

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

If you try to open a program (Ex. MS Paint) and a window pops up saying it has a virus/threat, your laptop has Security Shield. Security Shield is a scam. The people who own Security Shield are FORCING people to buy their program.

If you don't have Security Shield, then just download Malwarebytes like everyone else said.
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Um I suggest getting Malwarebytes, to do a virus scan, then get Avast for future protection.
Back to top Go down
Angus Bethune
Loyal Fantagian
Angus Bethune

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:05 pm

I love how you guys don't notice that the topic is from January.
Back to top Go down
https://runningupthathill.forumotion.com
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Captain Howdy wrote:
I love how you guys don't notice that the topic is from January.
Exactly, ahaha. I was just about to point that out.
Back to top Go down
el
Veteran Fantagian
el

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh I feel really stupid now. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Hibiki Kuze
Passionate Fantagian
Hibiki Kuze

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:38 am

Norton is not a scam so if u say it is ur da biggest freak that ever existed!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?   My computer got a virus, how can I clear it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My computer got a virus, how can I clear it?
Page 1 of 1