Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Addressing some issues on this forum.

Go down 
+6
alex
ponyo_lucky212
Mila
Abbey
o
69hot_wangs69
10 posters
AuthorMessage
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

Addressing some issues on this forum. Empty
PostSubject: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:29 pm

All right, I'm not the perfect model of a poster and I'm probably not the right person to criticize others, but there have been some things that have been bothering me lately on this forum that I want to address.

First of all, one of the most annoying and common things on this forum are attention seeking threads. Me and others dont really care about your personal life. There's a way to vent about your life without looking like an attention hog (but really the internet isnt the best place to talk about any issues in your life) and then there are just completely random and pointless topics. For example, "I'm sick, what do I do" or "Should I leave or not" or "I got 1,000 posts, lulz." The truth is, none of us really give a crap.

Secondly, people who post in the above topics and feed the trolls. There wouldnt be any drama if people didnt feel the need to argue with idiots. You dont argue with idiots. Nobody wins. Just report pointless threads and leave. And just in case some of you didnt notice, I'm pretty sure PonypLucky, Fantagelovezzz, and Starlightzz are all the same person and that one person is just a troll.

Another point I'd like to bring up is when people are completely unoriginal with their posts. When someone makes a funny comment, it doesnt need to constantly get repeated; and posts like "Yea, the above" are pretty pointless and show that no thought was put into it. Something else that got real old real quick are grammar nazis. Just stop. It's annoying.

The last and one of my most important points: I dont like the attitude of some of you guys. It seems like some of you are purposely trying to act like "mean girls" to look cool. It's not cool, it's unoriginal since almost everyone is acting that way now, and it's not funny. There's a way to win an argument and make someone look stupid, and then there's a way to just flat out diss someone. And when someone does diss another, everone jumps on the bandwagon and continues to diss that person. I mean come on guys. Just chill, ignore the trolls, and stop trying to act like someone you arent.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Thank you for this post. I honestly don't mind when one or two people go "Omg me too" in response to another post. But when fifteen users start saying "Lol I totally agree", it gets kind of annoying.

Am I acting like a "mean girl"? Sorry if I am. Can you give an example of a "mean girl" type post, because I don't know what you specifically mean by that?

Last edited by hop on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Man. Spyder.

I'm going to be a hypocrite here, BUT YES EVERYTHING YOU SAID I KNOW YOU SAID DOING WHAT I AM DOING IS WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE BUT DANG.

Summarized my feelings.

Also, DOUBLE POSTING I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH.

As a mod this stuff is really getting old and is not funny.
Especially the "mean girl" attitude. Like, even I feel alienated by some of you..so that's why I don't post a lot. Cause I feel like I'm just going to get judged.
Back to top Go down
Mila
Expert Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

i agree with you spyder. Have i made a attention topic. sorry if i did. hope people start noticing.
Back to top Go down
ponyo_lucky212
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 pm

no im not im only badcad67 and meh cuse i posted i not avable vid
Back to top Go down
http://emmalakes.intuitwebsites.com/
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

ponyo_lucky212 wrote:
no im not im only badcad67

I'm sure a lot of people already figured that out. :3
Back to top Go down
ponyo_lucky212
Regular Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 pm

hop wrote:
ponyo_lucky212 wrote:
no im not im only badcad67 and meh

well maybe cuse from a vid from youtube
Back to top Go down
http://emmalakes.intuitwebsites.com/
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:12 pm

^again going with the personal posts.

I agree with you so much. gddgfdgdf
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:13 pm

ponyo_lucky212 wrote:
hop wrote:
ponyo_lucky212 wrote:
no im not im only badcad67 and meh

well maybe cuse from a vid from youtube

There was a video on Youtube?
I figured it out because of the way you act, not Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 am

I'm pretty sure who you are directing the "mean girl" thing at, and I'm sorry. That's just how I act, on and off the internet. I'm not doing it to look cool.
Back to top Go down
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 am

Spyder, I am extremely sorry if I have engaged in any of the activities you listed. I have to agree in that the "agreed with everyone else" posts bother me; they just seem like the poster did not actually take the time to come up with their own opinion about the topic.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:36 am

I'm going to have to agree with half of what you said, Spyder. I'm sticking with Silmaril.
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

By "mean girl" I mean someone who talks down to another person to look cool. However one may do it. Usually people are sarcastic about it.

Yuffiecrystal wrote:
I'm pretty sure who you are directing the "mean girl" thing at, and I'm sorry. That's just how I act, on and off the internet. I'm not doing it to look cool.

I'm not. In fact I meant to make this thread before my internet went out in November, before you were active. I'm not saying that you dont act like that, I'm just saying that my comments are not directed towards any one person in particular.
Back to top Go down
taptap489
Regular Fantagian
taptap489

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 am

*THANK YOU* At last someone has made a post relating to this topic! I've wanted to do this as well but... I'm just lazy Razz Then again, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flynn
Legendary Fantagian
Flynn

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Spy-der wrote:
By "mean girl" I mean someone who talks down to another person to look cool. However one may do it. Usually people are sarcastic about it.

Yuffiecrystal wrote:

I'm not. In fact I meant to make this thread before my internet went out in November, before you were active. I'm not saying that you dont act like that, I'm just saying that my comments are not directed towards any one person in particular.

Understood. Thank you, Spy-der.
Back to top Go down
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Yuffiecrystal wrote:
Spy-der wrote:

Yuffiecrystal wrote:

Understood. Thank you, Spy-der.

This is off topic, (which will lead to something on topic) but I wanted to apologize to you.

I've been kind of rude to you lately and the reason is I've had a lot of people die around me this year and your one comment (you know which one I'm talking about) really pissed me off. Especially because I had just come from a funeral the day before you posted it.

I'm the same as you, I dont feel sympathetic for people who die, unless they have personally affected me. You cant control emotion, and I just simply dont feel sad for people I dont know, but I act like I do. I dont tell people that I dont genuinely feel sympathetic over their loved one's death. And I know a lot of you are younger than me on this site but you really should learn to control yourself and keep certain things to yourself before you hurt someone.

I know a lot of you are nice. There are only a couple people on here that I think are just jerks, but sometimes you guys say things that really dont need to be said. And some of you do it in a disrespectiful, sarcastic, and degrading way to look cool. You guys are better than that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addressing some issues on this forum.   Addressing some issues on this forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addressing some issues on this forum.
Page 1 of 1