Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Username Problem. [Please read.]

Go down 
+8
3agle
alex
o
Queen
Link
Usui
Abstract
Abbey
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Abbey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Abbey

Username Problem. [Please read.] Empty
PostSubject: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey guys, so about a month ago or so we got the option to change our own usernames, but in my opinion it's just not working. Yes, it's great and all, but some users are abusing this feature. Seriously, name changes every 2 days. Literally. Also, they're too lazy to post in the thread, causing people to actually have to look through really old posts. It's becoming a problem, or it already is.

So I'm going to talk to the admins about a solution, but for the time being, I'm going to put 2 new rules in place:

1. You MUST post in the "changed usernames" thread.
2. You can only change your username once a month
. (I will be keeping track. Which is why you need to post it. Also, if any of us finds out you did it and didn't tell anyone, you could lose the privilege for a bit. Maybe.)

Thanks guys. I'm sorry it's strict, but something needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:10 pm

I did start getting confused with who was who, well I kind of knew everyone but good choice either way.
Back to top Go down
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Yes I agree,
I also noticed someone is posing as me, and stole my avatar and name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
Link
Dedicated Fantagian
Link

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:53 pm

Good idea Abbey.

I always see people changing their username.
Back to top Go down
Queen
Veteran Fantagian
Queen

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:00 pm

I agree, Abbey. So I am into this post. It really was confusing with lots of username and not knowing who they used to be.
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Takuto wrote:
I also noticed someone is posing as me, and stole my avatar and name.
Wow. If somebody is using the ability to change their name so they can pretend to be another user, that's just ridiculous. I wouldn't even expect somebody to get that extreme with abusing the username changing. The only problem with that person's plan is that they are a terrible troll, so nobody would believe they're you. c;
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:53 pm

I like this. It can help with organization, and honestly it is very annoying when people change their name hourly and then don't even post it. :>
Back to top Go down
3agle
Senior Fantagian
3agle

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:12 pm

OH GOSH. Thanks for posting this. I came back after the feature was added about the changing username thing. I had no idea there was a thread. Thank you! But this is also a really good idea. I hate it when people change their username and I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Geeky_Anime_Fangirl♥
Senior Fantagian
Geeky_Anime_Fangirl♥

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Seems like you really cant do anything about it. but as long as people are posting in the thread i think its fine, but if they arent its a problem
Back to top Go down
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Yah. There is this person writing weird pm posing as kat saying "butt"
Back to top Go down
http://yummystrawberries.canadian-forum.com/
RadioGummie
Dedicated Fantagian
RadioGummie

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:59 pm

I have a suggestion abbeybby.
Why don't we just be required to put it at the top of our siggy in normal font and size if we don't put it in the thread.

and I wasn't too lazy to put it there.
I wasn't coming on very often so i kinda just wanted to not be bby for a while.
but that didnt work. so now im bbz. c:
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:45 pm

InSaNiTy♥EsCaPe wrote:
Seems like you really cant do anything about it. but as long as people are posting in the thread i think its fine, but if they arent its a problem
But the thread isn't the only problem. Abbey's explaining that people are changing their usernames far too often, and some people aren't posting in the thread. The constant name-changes are confusing, and when users won't say who they are, it's just even more confusing. In fact, to save me the time of explaining this, I'll show you the pm I sent Abbey about this:

"I feel as if there are people who aren't taking this thing seriously. A username should be something you stick with. I mean, nobody has to have the exact same username on a website forever, but it's nice if people keep their username for some time. That way, people know who they are referring to, and there will be less confusion. What makes this even worse is the fact that when people are changing their names this often, they are too lazy to post in the username-changing thread, so I can no longer rely on the thread to help me figure out who everyone is."

That's only a portion of it, but I think that's the most important part of my message. So no, all of the problems won't be solved if we just have people posting in the thread. I'm not saying that nobody should post in the thread, but I'm saying that we also have to put a stop to people abusing this ability that we've had for about month (and by "abusing", I mean name changes every week). I would like people to be treating their ability to change their usernames in a responsible way.
Back to top Go down
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:20 pm

THANK U theres this one person im not mentioning names *cough* *cought* that keeps changing.

i luv the feature and all but i think mace should aprove of them username changes

Last edited by Piper M. on Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fantage.com
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Piper M. wrote:
THANK U theres this one person im not mentioning names *cough* *cought* that keeps changing.
and at first (no offense swagg) but she went from Swag Doqn Pack to Swaggy to Katsumi to Polka to Embrance Stone to pegasus.

and she put it in EVERY TIME some *cough* lots *cough* DONT put it in.
its so annoying!!!

i luv the feature and all but i think mace should aprove of them username changes

It's kind of rude, to mention names, even if you did say (no offense)
But i'm pretty sure she stopped. :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
Melissa H.
Dedicated Fantagian
Melissa H.

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:34 pm

well its not wut u say its how ya say it and ya can hear me sayibg it
sorreh ill take it away-sies
Back to top Go down
http://fantage.com
Golden-Star
Loyal Fantagian
Golden-Star

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Takuto wrote:
Piper M. wrote:
and at first (no offense swagg) but she went from Swag Doqn Pack to Swaggy to Katsumi to Polka to Embrance Stone to pegasus.

and she put it in EVERY TIME some *cough* lots *cough* DONT put it in.
its so annoying!!!

It's kind of rude, to mention names, even if you did say (no offense)
But i'm pretty sure she stopped. :]

Im pretty sure u do the same thing Piper. And i stopped as kat said. Pegasus is my last name change fyi.
Back to top Go down
http://yummystrawberries.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Username Problem. [Please read.]   Username Problem. [Please read.] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Username Problem. [Please read.]
Page 1 of 1