Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Another GIMP pic of mine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

Another GIMP pic of mine Empty
PostSubject: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:55 am

Okay, since I already made another GIMP picture, I'm not gonna post any more of these threads. I'll be posting them in my art thread.
Anyway, today I tried my second GIMP picture, and I liked it even BETTER than the first one.
Spoiler:
Okay, rate and critique, please. Free for use, just credit me.

One last thing- do you think I should create a shop, or practice more? Because I feel that these are alright. (NOIMNOTBOASTINGHAVEAPROB?)
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
IM MELODY'S HACKER!!!!
Featured User

PostSubject: Re: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 am

That looks amazing. I love how the effects suits the butterfly. I like all the parts but the top bit, the box around the hearts, should be gone. The green colour of the box doesn't really match the whole theme. Maybe make the background something that looks similar to the sky since the pictures basically remind us of the sky. Something with blue/white and any light colours would look good.

I definitely see improvement, try practicing a couple more times before opening a shop. More experiences is usually better for shops. If you continue to practice this daily for 1-2 weeks, I am sure the results will be amazing. Your pictures are great for a beginner. There are also some GIMP tutorials on Youtube if you have any doubt about the tools on GIMP and what they can do.

Overall this is just a great effort you put in, I would give this 9.3/10
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran Fantagian
Blue

Location : How am I supposed to know? D; LOCATING MYSELF IS HARD.

PostSubject: Re: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:34 am

yeah, I should have cut out the green...oh well.
Thanks for the tips! I just made another banner right now.
Back to top Go down
http://underworld.forumotions.in
Winnowill
Loyal Fantagian
Winnowill

PostSubject: Re: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:38 am

These are brilliant. Your use of the effects and themes is beautifully done. I like how they express the quote you picked. As Melody said, just practice and try new techniques, and I'm sure that the results will be amazing. c:
Back to top Go down
Angus Bethune
Loyal Fantagian
Angus Bethune

PostSubject: Re: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:56 pm

I shall give you some of my expertice.

DON'T use patterns for backgrounds, since it can look hoirrble and that people will get bored of you using the same thing over and over again.

Save it as .png for the BEST quality don't ever save it as .gif unless it's animated.

Use and download fonts, it's a lot easier to use than the paintbrush and it looks cleaner too.

Experiment with some textures, stocks, pngs, etc.

Use HG pictures so it doesn't look bad.

DON'T EVER EVER EVER USE CUT OFF PICTURES, this is the no. 1 important rule for new and experienced graphic designers.

Use the dimensions 500 x 200 for signatures so it doesn't stretch the page.

Do 100 x 100 for icons, it may be small space but, if you zoom it up it makes it easier.

Will add more once I think of some.
Back to top Go down
https://runningupthathill.forumotion.com
Abstract
Veteran Fantagian
Abstract

PostSubject: Re: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Wow, those are better than my first GIMP pictures. (Yet mine were only for Neopet layout pictures lol) Everything seems kind of all over the place or cluttered. (I don't know how to explain it), but they do look well down. That's a nice beginner picture.

I probably would practice more, but you are really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another GIMP pic of mine   Another GIMP pic of mine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another GIMP pic of mine
Page 1 of 1