Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Having trouble drawing hair? Help?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Weeeee
New Fantagian
Weeeee

Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Empty
PostSubject: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Hey can anyone share how they usually draw hair, like tips, i mean i can only draw it cartoon version, but im starting to practice manga, and im stuck in the hair.... :l here for exemple
Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Hard

Can't draw the hair ughh!

any tutorials online that you might suggest me?
Back to top Go down
Luka✯ + Ruko¿
Senior Fantagian
Luka✯ + Ruko¿

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:05 pm

try looking up anime girls long/short hair
here are some
Spoiler:
i didn't look for tutorials but here is something else that might help.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cefie
Dedicated Fantagian
Cefie

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Drawing hair is my favorite part of drawing.
I always start with the hair..
well, I'm no pro or anything, but I just start with a hair that I imagine, then say, the bangs have a curve. So I start with a wavy line, then I add on.
Very vague and unhelpful, I'm sure, but try youtube.
Back to top Go down
Weeeee
New Fantagian
Weeeee

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Kasumii ♥ wrote:
try looking up anime girls long/short hair
here are some
Spoiler:
i didn't look for tutorials but here is something else that might help.
Spoiler:
Thanks this was really helpful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjbQV36-3I&feature=BFa&list=PLCD2CF65888663986

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Fzl_91K1M&feature=BFa&list=PLCD2CF65888663986

Those are a couple videos I thought might help. But feel free to watch a lot more videos by this guy (Mark Crilley), he's really good and he's helped me a lot! I think hair itself is more of a general idea, so use a lot of references! Once you know how hair works, you can do any hair style you want.
Back to top Go down
Makkine
Makkine

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 pm

^Mark Crilley is great. Check him out.

Okay man this is how I do it.
Spoiler:

READ ALONG:
1. Sketch out the rough shape of the hair. Usually you'd do this in the first sketching stage, but it's too late for that.
2. Hair FLOWS. Hair has a general direction in which it goes, even with very curly hair. I drew out the direction with blue arrows. Okay, so this is the lineart stage, where you actually go in and draw the hai, right? What I draw here is make a bunch of "clumps" of hair. The weird banana-shape next to the drawing is how I draw the clumps. Keep in mind the direction the hair follows, and draw in that same direction. Add in a few loose strands here and there, nobody's perfect!
3. Erase the sketch layer. Fix anything that seems off and erase the top of the head.
4. Base colours!
5. Shade as you like (I did cell-shading because that's what anime does and you want manga hair, right?) The bottom part of the hair is darker than the top.

TIPS:
-Keep a loose hand when linearting! Don't overrender the hair and draw every single strand, even in realistic works.
-HAIR FLOWS. HAIR FLOWS. HAIR FLOWS IN ONE DIRECTION. DRAW IN THAT DIRECTION.
-Know where the hairline and the top of the head are.
Back to top Go down
Weeeee
New Fantagian
Weeeee

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Makkine wrote:
^Mark Crilley is great. Check him out.

Okay man this is how I do it.
Spoiler:

READ ALONG:
1. Sketch out the rough shape of the hair. Usually you'd do this in the first sketching stage, but it's too late for that.
2. Hair FLOWS. Hair has a general direction in which it goes, even with very curly hair. I drew out the direction with blue arrows. Okay, so this is the lineart stage, where you actually go in and draw the hai, right? What I draw here is make a bunch of "clumps" of hair. The weird banana-shape next to the drawing is how I draw the clumps. Keep in mind the direction the hair follows, and draw in that same direction. Add in a few loose strands here and there, nobody's perfect!
3. Erase the sketch layer. Fix anything that seems off and erase the top of the head.
4. Base colours!
5. Shade as you like (I did cell-shading because that's what anime does and you want manga hair, right?) The bottom part of the hair is darker than the top.

TIPS:
-Keep a loose hand when linearting! Don't overrender the hair and draw every single strand, even in realistic works.
-HAIR FLOWS. HAIR FLOWS. HAIR FLOWS IN ONE DIRECTION. DRAW IN THAT DIRECTION.
-Know where the hairline and the top of the head are.

That's awesome thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble drawing hair? Help?   Having trouble drawing hair? Help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Having trouble drawing hair? Help?
Page 1 of 1