Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Obligations of a Father [Debate]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
69hot_wangs69
Dedicated Fantagian
69hot_wangs69

Obligations of a Father [Debate] Empty
PostSubject: Obligations of a Father [Debate]   Obligations of a Father [Debate] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm

First of all, before replying, please answer with intelligent posts based on logic and reason rather than on your moral beliefs.

So, it's argued that women should be able to control what goes on in their body (mainly referencing to abortion) and that men (or anyone in general) shouldn't have any say about it since it is none of their business.

By this reasoning, should men be able to impregnate women without any obligation to staying with the mother and/or fathering the child since they are uninvolved on what goes on in the woman's body? Discuss.

Back to top Go down
Oliver
Oliver

Location : *lights up a fire* yeah, trying to surivve in a fores.t *smokse a cig* il kill you

PostSubject: Re: Obligations of a Father [Debate]   Obligations of a Father [Debate] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:29 pm

i think that both the dad and the mum should choose whether or not to have an abortion and that the dad needs to stay, but that the government shouldn't make abortion illegal since they have nothing to do with it, only the father of the current mum mm m m hh eayyeah yeah
Back to top Go down
http://sugar-icecream.deviantart.com
Relora
Hero Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: Obligations of a Father [Debate]   Obligations of a Father [Debate] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Truthfully I don't believe so. The decay of family is a reason why so many problems in this country exist. Without a father figure children do not recieve proper discipline and thus crime and trouble and drugs and more follow. But I am getting off topic.

If a man does not wish to make the obligation of raising a child that he helped create he should not procreate with the mother. He technically is in the mother's body... As a zygote holding his genes and joining wih the mother's zygote. This means he is involved because a part of him has joined permanently with the mother to create new life, the child.

Oh I am so bad at debates... Time to get stomped uvu
Back to top Go down
Owl
Loyal Fantagian
Owl

PostSubject: Re: Obligations of a Father [Debate]   Obligations of a Father [Debate] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Uhh, depends on the context.

The parents usually know what they're getting into. So if a child comes of it, he/she needs to be taken care of.

Abortion is something that should be decided on by the parents. I agree with what Oliver said, this is between the parents, and should not involve the government. Buuut, there are instances when the woman should solely decide to have the child or not.

By this reasoning, should men be able to impregnate women without any obligation to staying with the mother and/or fathering the child since they are uninvolved on what goes on in the woman's body? This is where the context thing comes in. Sperm donors do this, and women willingly go through this knowing they're on their own. Again, context - some men are infertile, the woman marries later in life so the child does get a fatherly figure, etc.

And, Relora, I have to disagree with something you said. There are plenty of single mothers out there raising perfectly decent, average children. The man doesn't always get out of the woman's life purposefully.; he could die without first raising his child.
True, dysfunctional families correlate with bad decisions later in life, but not every single-parented child is going to grow up and become a mobster or homicidal maniac.

There are lots of situations the parents and child could be in, it's hard to state my position exactly. We aren't living in a black and white world.
Back to top Go down
http://fudgyswirl.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obligations of a Father [Debate]   Obligations of a Father [Debate] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obligations of a Father [Debate]
Page 1 of 1