Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.
Fantage Forum
Welcome to the Fantage Forum.

Fantage Cheats, Secrets, Glitches, Info & Help.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

First Time With SAI

Go down 
+5
o
Usui
alex
Silver
Lord Voldemort
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

First Time With SAI Empty
PostSubject: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Hello everyone, i'm just going to say this quickly. I downloaded SAI successfully, and I drew something (with my mouse)! I'm actually surprised from the outcome because It's VERY HARD to draw hands, but if your computer isn't laggy it's pretty easy to draw, just not for making curves. I drew an anime girl, BUT she has her hands behind her back because I couldn't draw hands and.. I'm getting a wacom bamboo create for Christmas.. (I'm buying it myself, just as I did to the laptop i'm using now.) So yeah. Here is what i drew actually.. Please critique and rate.. but don't make fun of it, and don't make it TOO negative. It's my very first digital drawing. (Besides a volcano that I drew long ago)
Here is is Sad :

AND YES I know there is little to no detail/shading/creases/folds.

The tools I used were water color brush, and marker. DO you guys recommend the brush size for specific things? Like eyes.. or outlines, or clothing.. like what brush size should I use for those specific things?

Thanks.

EDIT: Yes, she was supposed to be looking to the right, but I forgot to angle her body 1/4 after I drew the face, and YES I used layers for each thing I drew, and yeah.. those wavy things at the bottom of her legs are supposed to be leg-warmers..

Last edited by Dead~Seas on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 pm

AMG THIS IS PERFECT!
I love it. MY only complaint is that she's kinda busty.
8.7/10
SAI I hear is really good for drawing.
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Clockwork Nightmare wrote:
AMG THIS IS PERFECT!
8.7/10

Thank you! Yes, I agree I did make her chest a little large O_o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Dead~Seas wrote:
Clockwork Nightmare wrote:
AMG THIS IS PERFECT!
8.7/10

Thank you! Yes, I agree I did make her chest a little large O_o
Heheh Np~!
Her body proportions are kind of off too. Her eyes are large, unless if this was a chibi, I don't think this was intentional.

But its really pretty.
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 pm

I know, but I didn't have enough canvas space and I didn't know how to add on more. I still don't.

I drew a nerdy-scene girl just now. it's even uglier than the first. Also, on the first one, her eyes are big because she is wearing a ton of eyeliner. This one's eyes are scary.
Scene-Nerd:
Back to top Go down
Silver
Veteran Fantagian
Silver

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 pm

8/10
My only complaint is the eyes just seem a little big.
I suggest making the eyes before the hair or something.
Back to top Go down
alex
alex

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Eh, it's really unproportional, and (in the second drawing) she looks cross-eyed. Also (1st) arms don't work like that. It's your first, and this is really good for a first. uvu
Back to top Go down
Usui
Hero Fantagian
Usui

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm

The first one, her eyes are a bit big, and her arm looks really awkward.
For the second one,. her eyes look somewhat crossyed. 6.8/10 for the first and 7.3/10 for the second
Back to top Go down
http://www.thepokemonland.forumotion.com
o
Veteran Fantagian

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 12:50 am

they're not the best drawings, but i couldn't do anything close to that w/ mouse anyway!! good job!

Last edited by hop on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idk typo i guess?????)
Back to top Go down
Bloobu
Dedicated Fantagian
Bloobu

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Dead~Seas wrote:
I know, but I didn't have enough canvas space and I didn't know how to add on more. I still don't.

To make the canvas bigger, in the top right of the screen, there is a selection list labelled 'Canvas'. Click that and a dropdown list will show up. Select 'Change Canvas Size' or something similar, can't remember ^-^

Anywho, your drawing.. it's so food for someone who has just started using SAI! I really like the way you use green to make the sketch, it makes things look so much moar cooler *-*

If you have trouble drawing hands with a mouse, I suggest using quick strokes with it. You may also want to rotate the canvas (top right, just under the page preview OR press delete button to rotate) just to make things easier.
Back to top Go down
dewey decimal system
Expert Fantagian
dewey decimal system

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Lol. I cant believe you actually think these are bad!
They're way better than I could EVER do, in my life!
Your talented, you are. Sure, there's flaws, but NO drawing is going to be perfect, so be proud of how well you did! Be glad your not like me, someone who can barely even draw a simple face without messing up once or twice! ~8/10~ Nice job.(:
Back to top Go down
tianarock2
Regular Fantagian
tianarock2

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:29 pm

other than than her giant chest and eyes, it looks pretty good to me. better than my mediocre stick figures....

8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Lord Voldemort
Veteran Fantagian
Lord Voldemort

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Ahahaha.. I know her eyes are crossed, but she's a nerd. That was my purpose, also thanks on the critiques, I know they aren't that good. I swear I'll improve once I get my tablet.
Back to top Go down
Primrose
Ultimate Fantagian
Primrose

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Great for the first try! I won't be able to do something like that in years! 7/10
Back to top Go down
http://creativecloud.forummotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Time With SAI   First Time With SAI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Time With SAI
Page 1 of 1